is it a good idea to allow citizens of foreign countries to vote in local elections in the US ?

Yup.

Everyone is - it's just a question of aligning ourselves with reality or fantasy to whatever degree we can bear.

To themselves - their truest voice - yes.

Let me know how it works out for YOU! :)
I can already tell you it works great for me. I don't need anything from anonymous internet stuffed shirts.

Local elections only

states do not have the authority to let non citizens vote in federal elections

Correct. This entire thread is about legal resident non-citizens being allowed to vote in local elections.

Correct. This entire thread is about legal resident non-citizens being allowed to vote in local elections.
its wrong at any level

But if libs want non citizens to vote in local elections we know they are open to the idea in federal elections also

its wrong at any level

But if libs want non citizens to vote in local elections we know they are open to the idea in federal elections also

That might be the most twisted logic I have seen from you yet, and that is a very high bar

That might be the most twisted logic I have seen from you yet, and that is a very high bar
Not at all

explain why you think non citizens should not be allowed to vote in federal elections

beyond the fact that the Constitution forbids it

Not at all

explain why you think non citizens should not be allowed to vote in federal elections

beyond the fact that the Constitution forbids it

The fact that the Constitution forbids it has always been good enough for me.

But aside from that voting in a local election allows them to vote in things that have a direct impact on their lives without giving them any influence on the nation as a whole.

Nothing that happens in NY City has any impact on my life whatsoever. If the people of NY City are ok with giving legal resident aliens the right to vote, then I think that is their right to do.

I guess we will have to wait for the courts to make the final call. If the courts rules against this, it is no skin off my nose and will again have no impact on my life

thats what NYC is doing when it comes to local elections ! to hear the left and the msm explain it the left is allowing non citizens to vote in local elections ,but the truth is the people they are talking about are not non citizens ! the people they are talking about actually are citizens ! they are citizens of foreign countries ! so is it a good idea to allow citizens of South American,Asian ,and European countries to vote in the US ? New York City Mayor Eric Adams allows noncitizen voting bill to become law
it depends. I have no problem with legal aliens partaking in things like school board elections in districts where their children go to school for example

But aside from that voting in a local election allows them to vote in things that have a direct impact on their lives without giving them any influence on the nation as a whole.
Local elections impact the lives of citizens who should have priority because they are better able to decide whats best

Forum List

Back