Is Frequent Urination Normal Before Periods?

All I know about menopause is that it happens after your periods stop and you're no longer fertile so why is that so bad? I must be missing something.

Not exactly. Everyone is different and experience it differently BUT menopause starts long before your last period. It is a process that can take years, not just a single event. Though it's common to think no longer having periods, means your done

Average age of onset is around 40-ish, that your periods start changing. Sometimes heavier, sometimes lighter, sometimes longer or shorter duration and also between each cycle. Sometimes you don't have one for a month or more, then it's like it doesn't stop.

And that's only the physical changes.....well, some of them and I won't mention others publicly. There is also hot flashes.......like sticking your head in a 1000 degree oven or sometimes cold flashes that you swear your hypothermic with chills

Mental/emotional changes like forgetfulness, irritability, crying for no reason, etc......basically like having PMS times 1000 all day every day in cycles that last longer than a month at a time. Then it all levels out.......for awhile.

And alot of those symptoms can last years beyond your last period.

FYI.....It's been almost 20 years since my last cycle and I still have the hot & cold flashes that change intensity, still go thru the irritable BITCH mode. BUT the best part of it all besides no monthly mess is that I care even less of what others think or do or don't and am more apt to tell them so too.....IOW being even more outspoken than I was before.

Should this post go here? Or should it go into a separate thread in some other forum?

Topic: peeing blood.

Note: this needs to be distinguished from have some blood in the urine.
Similar concepts. But not the same.

Asking for a urologist.

Forum List

Back