Zone1 Is Fear A Sin?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I don't think it is. Just like anger I think it all just depends on how you use it. For example, if somebody doesn't trust God and lets their fear control them, or it gets in the way of what has to be done or what's right then it's a sin. However, being afraid to go into a dark alley at midnight or falling off a cliff can save your life. I think Jesus got scared sometimes just like He got angry, He just knew how to control His emotions and they were justifiable.

Giving in to fear and allowing it to rule you is a spiritual weakness. Making other people afraid to rule them is absolutely wrong unless you are a preacher, somehow.

I don't think it is. Just like anger I think it all just depends on how you use it. For example, if somebody doesn't trust God and lets their fear control them, or it gets in the way of what has to be done or what's right then it's a sin. However, being afraid to go into a dark alley at midnight or falling off a cliff can save your life. I think Jesus got scared sometimes just like He got angry, He just knew how to control His emotions and they were justifiable.
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." -- Prov. 9:10

Fear has nothing to do with courage...........courage comes from being afraid while maintaining a capacity to act in spite of fear. Fear is an innate emotion that is exampled in all humanity, unless one is unbalanced menatlly, and it can be overcome when one can control their emotions and act in a logical and reasonable manner which can come from training. Military training is a perfect example......you are conditioned to act and or react based upon the conditions that surround you.

Ask any combat medic..........what is the first thing you must do when you come upon an area where there are obvious causalities? First you must "secure" the AO (area of observation), a dead medic is no good to anyone. Only fools rush in where angels fear to tread........a good axiom. On the flip side there is no need to call in more troops by declaring "TIC" and place the lives of others at risk........before you have assessed the situation.

Last edited:

100%

Why would it be?

Why would it be?

Because I've got mixed messages when I've Googled it before. I believe that Jesus might have been afraid to die, in fact I know He was. If it weren't for His love for us and the only way for us to reconcile with us then He wouldn't have done it.

Fear of hell is the beginning of the journey to God. Later, as the song Amazing Grace explains, you become closer to God, and your fears are relieved.

Fear of hell is the beginning of the journey to God.

Everybody always says that but I'm not so sure about it myself and that's for two reasons. First of all a relationship based upon fear seems like an abusive relationship to me and second of all, how do atheists go from "fear of Hell is like fear of the boogeyman" to "I'm scared of Hell so I think I should become a Christian."

Everybody always says that but I'm not so sure about it myself and that's for two reasons. First of all a relationship based upon fear seems like an abusive relationship to me and second of all, how do atheists go from "fear of Hell is like fear of the boogeyman" to "I'm scared of Hell so I think I should become a Christian."
Fear of hell is the BEGINNING of the journey. You don't STAY THERE unless you're unwilling to progress further.

Forum List

Back