Is Daylight Savings Time Really Necessary?

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Reaction score
Is America the only nation on earth idiotic enough to enact stupid time regulations like Daylight Savings Time? What the hell is the purpose of it and is it really worth the hassle?

If the initial intent was to be a more productive nation then it's time to cease and desist this stupid legislation since most of America's industry has moved to India or China. Let India and China be plagued with changing their entire household of clocks twice a year and let Americans return to some semblance of sanity.

Porker

Barack Obama Village Idiot b.1961 Kenya
Reaction score
Is America the only nation on earth idiotic enough to enact stupid time regulations like Daylight Savings Time? What the hell is the purpose of it and is it really worth the hassle?

If the initial intent was to be a more productive nation then it's time to cease and desist this stupid legislation since most of America's industry has moved to India or China. Let India and China be plagued with changing their entire household of clocks twice a year and let Americans return to some semblance of sanity.

As I remember, it was enacted to allow more daylight in the summer months after work and school hours and turning back to standard time in the fall allows for more daylight in the winter mornings when the kids have to leave for school ergo...less daylight when the kids are already home from school.

featherlite

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I dont see any really good reason for it. Be nice if they would just do away with it once and for all.

OP
DriftingSand

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Reaction score

As I remember, it was enacted to allow more daylight in the summer months after work and school hours and turning back to standard time in the fall allows for more daylight in the winter mornings when the kids have to leave for school ergo...less daylight when the kids are already home from school.
You may be right but if you are then they simply need to adjust the time when school starts and stops instead of disrupting the lives of an entire nation. It really screws with my sleep schedule and I remember having plenty of play time as a kid before DST was enacted.

OP
DriftingSand

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Reaction score
The real question is whether we must have this discussion twice a year EVERY year......
Yes we do ... until there's no reason to have the discussion. Stop the insanity and we can all move on to more important things.

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Reaction score

Daylight saving time - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Everything you could ever possibly wanna know about it. :)

Roadrunner

Roadrunner
Reaction score

Roadrunner

Roadrunner
Reaction score

Thanks.

See why I tell people that creepy though you are, you are an asset to the board!!!!

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

See why I tell people that creepy though you are, you are an asset to the board!!!!
Interesting choice of words. I pride myself on always trying to be an asset instead of a liability. :)

Roadrunner

Roadrunner
Reaction score

Thanks.

Interesting choice of words. I pride myself on always trying to be an asset instead of a liability. :)

I appreciate your intelligence and your ability to write.

Your sexuality baffles me, but, you don't hit on ME, so it is no concern of mine.

You make this a much more interesting place, members can't ask for more than that from anyone.

Silent Warrior

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think that originally someone in government decided that if you cut a foot off one end of a rope and sewed it on the other you would have a longer rope. Sounds no dopier that many other government ideas.

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
If the changing of our time was to be done away with, my question would be where would we leave our clocks, the way that they are now or would we back them up one last time and then just leave them like that?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

OP
DriftingSand

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Reaction score
If the changing of our time was to be done away with, my question would be where would we leave our clocks, the way that they are now or would we back them up one last time and then just leave them like that?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
I'd say: "Just do away with our clocks and sleep in every day."

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List