Is Covid Endemic?

Is Covid Endemic?

• Total voters

(of a disease) persisting in a population or region, generally having settled to a relatively constant rate of occurrence:The coronavirus that causes COVID-19 may never disappear, but could become endemic like HIV.

I thought about it and hesitantly voted yes ---- but I'm not sure it is yet. Still, 2 years is a very long time for an epidemic. They usually go past before that: look at the bubonic plague. It moved north and took two years to totally be gone (for 20 years or so ---- it kept coming back into the 17th century) but only lasted less than a year at any given place. Of course, it killed so many that this was an issue for contagion.

(of a disease) persisting in a population or region, generally having settled to a relatively constant rate of occurrence:The coronavirus that causes COVID-19 may never disappear, but could become endemic like HIV.
Influenza would be a better descriptor than HIV. HIV has a very specific infection vector that was not common in the population, though the infection of heterosexual people makes it a serious threat.

Good point ---- HIV is endemic. An mRNA virus that they haven't made a vaccine for in 40 years ---- silly us to believe the ones they made up for Covid would work. :(

I think I may have to Cancel covid ----- I'm getting demoralized. With the new black bandit gangs attacking stores all over, it's all become too many catastrophes for me. I need to cancel at least one of them.

Good point ---- HIV is endemic. An mRNA virus that they haven't made a vaccine for in 40 years ---- silly us to believe the ones they made up for Covid would work. :(

I think I may have to Cancel covid ----- I'm getting demoralized. With the new black bandit gangs attacking stores all over, it's all become too many catastrophes for me. I need to cancel at least one of them.
Yes it sucks. Hope we are wrong, but I see this as never going away.

Better poll question would have been when are these assclowns ever gonna STFU
Right on eagle! I think they might shut up when the virus catches up to the unvaccinated. There's still 40% of americans on horse deworming meds.

Right on eagle! I think they might shut up when the virus catches up to the unvaccinated. There's still 40% of americans on horse deworming meds.
You mean that drug used by India that saved lives. Cool story. But Hey......let's listen to the ones who Have the WORST STATS ON PLANET EARTH.

:no_text11:

Influenza would be a better descriptor than HIV. HIV has a very specific infection vector that was not common in the population, though the infection of heterosexual people makes it a serious threat.
Not common in what population? SARS-CoV-1 is endemic in civet cats. How’s that SARS-CoV-2-infected ferret doing reported at Kissimee? Did anyone think to give it ivermectin with hydroxychloroquine? Or even try Covaxin, something American citizens have no access to? What’s disturbing are all those mink endemic to the Everglades.

Probably. The new Nu variant is apparently super nasty, but fortunately is relatively contained. It has like a dozen new adaptations that will cut through all the vaccines.
There’s a price the virus pays: what it gains in virulence it may lose in transmissibility, and only just so many amino acid moves on its chessboard. How can it justifiably be called a new variant, when the similar mutations to other variants that it shares with them, either benefit or counteract the new mutations? What are the precise mutations comprising the variant that should be listed here, when anyone is speaking of the Nu variant? Some may wish to know just what mutations make it nastier.

There’s a price the virus pays: what it gains in virulence it may lose in transmissibility, and only just so many amino acid moves on its chessboard. How can it justifiably be called a new variant, when the similar mutations to other variants that it shares with them, either benefit or counteract the new mutations? What are the precise mutations comprising the variant that should be listed here, when anyone is speaking of the Nu variant? Some may wish to know just what mutations make it nastier.
Are the nastier mutations because of gene altering from Leaky vaccines?

Where is the citation that reports a dozen new mutations that can cut through the vaccines? What happens when they “cut through”?
Are the nastier mutations because of gene altering from Leaky vaccines?
Hell, how can anyone tell? We’ve yet to find where the Nazi media has listed the mutations that comprise the Nu variant, B.1.1529.

Something’s funky. We plugged in Botswana Nu variant at Pubmed and retrieved nothing.

Forum List

Back