Zone1 Is CNN right? Or dead wrong? That Baby Boomers broke the American Dream for Millennials??

I know CNN and Democrats are mainly focused on getting the support of young voters but... I think this is so, so sad and forlorn of them, to pitch a story like this --and on the Homepage too, as #1 story of the day.

I think it is irresponsible of CNN to alienate older humans this way. They don't say it in the title, but if you click the link... its clear.
Yes. The Boomers fucked over every generation that followed them. Nearly every program, and policy they made; they made at the expense of the generations to follow, in order to ensure a comfortable golden year's for themselves...

boomers = the internet, digital music, better cars, cellphones, home computers, digital cameras, calculators, civil rights, good music
Sorry, the internet was invented by Bob Kahnung, born 1938, and Vint Cerf, born 1943. Digital music sucks, obviously you have never owned a classic car, Martin Cooper invented the first cell phone, born 1928, Mary Allen Wilkes is generally considered the inventor of the home computer, born 1937. Digital camara, I will give you that one, big whoop. Pascal created the first calculator, he was born in, now wait for it, 1623. Civil rights--get real dude, Martin Luther King Jr. was born in 1929. Damn, the civil rights movement was going on while the Boomers were toking on weed and attending Woodstock. You are absolutely delusional. And music, for the love of God, give me a break. The best music was in the 60's and 70's, Jaggar was born in 1943, not exactly a Boomer. Harrison was the youngest Beatle, born in, oh shit, 1943.

I know CNN and Democrats are mainly focused on getting the support of young voters but... I think this is so, so sad and forlorn of them, to pitch a story like this --and on the Homepage too, as #1 story of the day.

I think it is irresponsible of CNN to alienate older humans this way. They don't say it in the title, but if you click the link... its clear.
They are 100% correct.

Classic Lifeboat syndrome.

"I got mine, fk the rest of ya"

Uh.... it was the Democrats and President Clinton that pushed everyone to go to college.
And then it was the Democrats that pushed affirmative action based college admissions that produced colleges in this country that have OVER 70% failure rates!! And keep pushing it anyway.
Then it was Democrats that kept loaning out more and more money to students that drove up tuitions to the stratosphere and still rising.

IT WAS THE DEMOCRATS!!

So, as I am getting to know this couple they are ranting and raving about the "younger generation". How they have no work ethic, how they spend everything they make, how they have no discipline. How they worked hard for everything they had, sacrificed and saved to prepare for their retirement. I just listen, and nod. Then we get down to the brass tacks.
Wow, generalize much? You meet ONE entitled boomer couple and smear all 70 Million of us with the same brush? WTF man! I like many boomers got ZERO INHERITANCE from my parents. I started working when I was 10 shoveling driveways for a quarter. Then a paper route at 12, summer construction jobs at 15, math tutor at 18. You snotty Liberal Democrats are so quick to stereotype people you hate based on a sample of ONE.

Oh that is rich.

How did you come to that 'rich' premise, on this one?

If we can go check history, we can find as early as 1780 and Transylvania Univ was attracting mainly "young men" at that time. Just like most of the colleges and universities across the Northeast back then.

College in the USA started in the 1630's and it stands to reason that the idea was always structured around people being highly educated at younger ages. The object of the game has always been to get highly educated as quickly as possible.

Wow, generalize much? You meet ONE entitled boomer couple and smear all 70 Million of us with the same brush? WTF man! I like many boomers got ZERO INHERITANCE from my parents. I started working when I was 10 shoveling driveways for a quarter. Then a paper route at 12, summer construction jobs at 15, math tutor at 18. You snotty Liberal Democrats are so quick to stereotype people you hate based on a sawmple of ONE.
How is that Medicare working out for you. And please, tell me about your parents.

The Millenials and Zoomers are way to the left of their grandparents. We GenXers are stuck somewhere in the middle between Boomers and Zoomers, politically, as a generation. These younger Millenials and Zoomers are way to the left. The baby boomers have ensured that the future of American politics is far-left and liberal. What we're witnessing now are the final death throes of the right, before it disappears into oblivion.

Yes. The Boomers fucked over every generation that followed them. Nearly every program, and policy they made; they made at the expense of the generations to follow, in order to ensure a comfortable golden year's for themselves...
what are those programs?

Social security, medicare...

I could never understand it, how humans cannot agree that it was Boomers' right, Boomers' privilege, Boomers' liberty to use their collective incomes for funding those programs.

The New Deal made them imagine a frontier, of resting, with an income after retiring from decades in the American workforce. So, they paid into such a program.

Social security, medicare... Off the cuff...
Here's the problem.
Social Security was started in 1935, and everyone gets it,....gen x, gen z, millennials, baby boomers
So, it's not just for the Baby Boomers.
Medicare was started in 1965.
In 1965 the oldest Baby Boomers would have been 20 years old.
They were not running the government, and also, it's not just for the Baby Boomers.

Here's the problem.
Social Security was started in 1935, and everyone gets it,....gen x, gen z, millennials, baby boomers
So, it's not just for the Baby Boomers.
Medicare was started in 1965.
In 1965 the oldest Baby Boomers would have been 20 years old.
They were not running the government, and also, it's not just for the Baby Boomers.
Talk about missing point. Not even in the same universe.

I could never understand it, how humans cannot agree that it was Boomers' right, Boomers' privilege, Boomers' liberty to use their collective incomes for funding those programs.

The New Deal made them imagine a frontier, of resting, with an income after retiring from decades in the American workforce. So, they paid into such a program.
So did countless others who fund thier dream, which is we'll never see a dime. Welcome to the only governmental sanctioned ponzi scheme. But we'll pretend not to notice...

Forum List

Back