Zone1 Is CNN right? Or dead wrong? That Baby Boomers broke the American Dream for Millennials??

Phactotum

Gold Member
Jan 18, 2024

I know CNN and Democrats are mainly focused on getting the support of young voters but... I think this is so, so sad and forlorn of them, to pitch a story like this --and on the Homepage too, as #1 story of the day.

I think it is irresponsible of CNN to alienate older humans this way. They don't say it in the title, but if you click the link... its clear.

I know CNN and Democrats are mainly focused on getting the support of young voters but... I think this is so, so sad and forlorn of them, to pitch a story like this --and on the Homepage too, as #1 story of the day.

I think it is irresponsible of CNN to alienate older humans this way. They don't say it in the title, but if you click the link... its clear.
Baby Boomers are a big part. However, the massive spending to deep pocket donors, be it in the form of IRA or Paris Accord has done worse harm. Western nations who spend state resources on boondoggles harm future generations.

I have heard this claim that the Baby Boomers have destroyed the lives of the Millennials many times.
However, they have never adequately explained how the Baby Boomers destroyed the American Dream.
It is an illogical and irrational claim.
The Baby Boomers significantly improved America.
The Millennials haven't done anything.

CNN is right but only in the sense that most boomers are republicans.

I have heard this claim that the Baby Boomers have destroyed the lives of the Millennials many times.
However, they have never adequately explained how the Baby Boomers destroyed the American Dream.
We Baby Boomers have destroyed the American Dream for Millennials and beyond by being raised in a privileged bubble after WW2, becoming smug know-it-all liberals in the 1960s and1970s, being lousy parents in the 1980s and 1990s, and then being self-centered bastards who have saddled our grandchildren with unsustainable obligations and debts to sustain our leisure lifestyle.

Other than that, we are a great generation.

Remember this, every time on CNN and MSNBC when a leader SPENDS hundreds of billions, or even TRILLIONS of dollars from future generations or borrowing from China, they call it "a win".

It doesn't matter what it is applied to, how it will be paid back, the long term consequences to the country, the lemmings at CNN et al, nod their heads all call it a "win for the administration".

How about a win for the American People and future generations? It is criminal.

The people that started the filthy ass welfare state that is killing us now were the Greatest Generation. The only Boomer Presidents were Bush, Clinton and Trump. Bush was a RINO, Clinton was a scumbag and Trump was the best President of modern times.

The destruction of the US that we see now is not a generational thing. It is the product of stupidity by all the generations.

They need to look on the bright side.....For the most part few of them ever had to deal with the dirty air and water that the boomers had to and insisted be cleaned-up.

You can thank us any time.

Remember this, every time on CNN and MSNBC when a leader SPENDS hundreds of billions, or even TRILLIONS of dollars from future generations or borrowing from China, they call it "a win".

It doesn't matter what it is applied to, how it will be paid back, the long term consequences to the country, the lemmings at CNN et al, nod their heads all call it a "win for the administration".

How about a win for the American People and future generations? It is criminal.
I don't get it.
What is "privileged bubble after WW2"
Millennials have a much higher lifestyle than the Baby Boomers had.

As always, my generation, Gen X, is left out.

They need to look on the bright side.....For the most part few of them ever had to deal with the dirty air and water that the boomers had to and insisted be cleaned-up.

You can thank us any time.
How about all of the "existential" threats we are allegedly now facing?

P.S. Dirty air and water didn't reduce Baby Boomers' life expectancy - another problem for Millennials?

I don't get it.
What is "privileged bubble after WW2"
Millennials have a much higher lifestyle than the Baby Boomers had.
That's a misnomer and I have always felt this way.

Yes, purchasing "junk" is cheaper. Unecessary "stuff" that is manufactured overseas.

The cost of housing, gas etc. The vital pursuits and necessities of life are far more expensive.

My grandfather raised 7 kids and purchased a home AND a cottage on one salary in a factory.

Do you think that is possible ANYWHERE today let alone Toronto?

"You will own nothing and be happy" is the mantra being promoted. I believe in the free market but also patriotism for long term prosperity of a nation. Similar to Henry Ford. This isn't shared by enough today.

I think it is irresponsible of CNN to alienate older humans this way. They don't say it in the title, but if you click the link... it’s clear.
99% of millennials can’t buy a home nor set aside retirement savings.

They’re screwed.

F*k em for voting Democrat

It is an illogical and irrational claim.
The Baby Boomers significantly improved America.
The Millennials haven't done anything.
Baby Boomers are locusts, period. How have they improved America? Hell, I thought we needed to make America great again. Who fawked it up? BOOMERS.

The last gift the Greatest Generation gave the Boomers was Medicare and Medicaid. The Boomers were the first generation in American history that did not have the responsibility of taking care of their parent's medical needs. Medicare takes care of the hospital and routine doctor visits, then, after the Boomer sucks all the wealth from their parents, they shuck them in a nursing home and Medicaid pays.

And maybe that wouldn't be so bad, but the damn parasites think they are entitled to it. They have no sense of appreciation. For instance, when the Boomers were kids, well the government spent over twice the portion of federal spending on them, as kids. Hell now, it ain't even close to half, guess you can figure out where the bulk of government spending goes, ON BOOMERS.

When the Boomers went to college, well damn, a Pell Grant covered almost eighty percent of the cost. Today, you lucky if it covers a fifth. No damn wonder there is so much student debt.

It's ridiculous to blame an entire generation for anything. We Boomers are the products of our time, just like the generations before and after. Did the greatest generation create WWII? Did the Boomers create the Post war boom economy? No, we were the beneficiaries of it.

What I will agree with is Boomers by and large made things too easy on their kids myself included. The entire concept of "work ethic" is gone. Millennials are struggling mainly with sky high costs for college and housing. Boomers didn't cause that, government subsidies did.

Blame the Left.

schumerisalyingcrookhgfhfhf.jpg

boomers = the internet, digital music, better cars, cellphones, home computers, digital cameras, calculators, civil rights, good music

It's ridiculous to blame an entire generation for anything. We Boomers are the products of our time, just like the generations before and after. Did the greatest generation create WWII? Did the Boomers create the Post war boom economy? No, we were the beneficiaries of it.

What I will agree with is Boomers by and large made things too easy on their kids myself included. The entire concept of "work ethic" is gone. Millennials are struggling mainly with sky high costs for college and housing. Boomers didn't cause that, government subsidies did.
Boomers made things too easy on their kids? LMAO, it is the Boomers that were spoiled ass rotten. I mean can you say "Woodstock"? Want to compare a school lunch that a Boomer ate with the ones our kids eat today? Boomers got real hamburgers. And the ketchup, it didn't count as a vegetable.

But that "work ethic" comment just really nails your distorted reality down. I was a retirement consultant for years. I still do a little bit of it, strictly referral only, and I am damn picky about the clients I choose to work with. It is a side gig now. The reason, flippin Boomers.

I really enjoyed working with the greatest generation. They were respectful, curious, and most of all, they didn't think that they knew everything nor that the world owed them a damn living. They were humble, and they were grateful.

So, when the Boomers started retiring it was like flippin a damn switch. I have a referral appointment in the South Mountains. People out there are not the most welcoming to outsiders, but I was always considered one of them due to my parents and I had built a pretty strong reputation in the area.

So, as I am getting to know this couple they are ranting and raving about the "younger generation". How they have no work ethic, how they spend everything they make, how they have no discipline. How they worked hard for everything they had, sacrificed and saved to prepare for their retirement. I just listen, and nod. Then we get down to the brass tacks.

First, evaluate the home as an asset. I ask them if they have a mortgage. Nope, house is paid for. I told them that was good. From my experience, working with everyone from furniture factory laborers to engineers and doctors, the biggest determinate of one's wealth was when the house was paid off. The earlier, the better. So, I asked them, when did you pay off the house? Oh, we didn't, it was a wedding present from our parents.

I give them a strange look, toss it off, and move on to the retirement account. I see you got half a million dollars in your retirement accounts, guess not having a house payment for all those years allowed you to save money. Oh no, they said, we inherited those accounts.

I start gathering my things. They were like, what are you doing, where are you going. I literally snarled at them, "You spent the better part of half an hour bitching about the younger generation, how they had no work ethic, how they didn't save, and yet here you are, 65 years old, never had a house payment, and spent every damn dime that ran through your fingers. Show me, show me one damn thing that you have that YOU paid for. I couldn't possibly work with you."

That is a boomer. No appreciation, delusional, thinking they made their own way when everything was handed to them. Rather it is Uncle Sam, with Medicare and Medicaid, or their parents, with wedding gifts the size of a house and palatial inheritances because their parents had discipline. They really believe they "earned" it. Flippin sick.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back