Is Christmas a Christian (or Catholic) Holiday?

We do as the Romans do.
You mean you nail prophets to the cross and blame it on the Jews? Is that an annual event or only periodic whenever you get the urge?

No the Jews did according to the scriptures......
The Jews did what?
Read the scriptures.
If you want to try defending your undefendable conviction against me then you'll have to tell me what is the Jews did that you think is so relevant to this dialogue. I will MOST DEFINITELY not "read the scriptures" to find some obscure, hocus-pocus, superstitious, most likely misunderstood passage. If you have something to say then say it otherwise forfeit whatever point you think you are going to make.
Read the gospels, it'll mean more to you if you actually read them.

I read them all------if it REALLY any of those "books" really, credibly, claimed that JOOOOS DONE IT----
you could cite the actual passages for LOGICAL AND CREDIBLE DISCUSSION------or is the book still on the
INDEX?
Well the jews wrote every darn book in the OT and NT. They wanted for gentiles to worship and Jew and most of them do. Read the gospels.

oh-----so you have nothing-----other than the manipulations of the catechism whores who call that
darn book "holy" You should read the KORAN---it was dictated to the illiterate rapist by an "angel"---specifically GABRIEL ---aka Jibril ...in a bat cave

The word “Catholic” means “worldly” or “all-encompassing.” Nothing at all to do with Christ or Christianity.
The Catholics are the real Christians.
Who says?

used to be---THE POPE SAID IT------now he says that it is the homosexuals
The pope is a dope.

the pope is like Sanders. He seeks UNIVERSAL
(catholic) acceptance-------so did Constantine

The word “Catholic” means “worldly” or “all-encompassing.” Nothing at all to do with Christ or Christianity.
Who says?

Many a jew is homosexual and incest was great in the OT.
Who says?
I do. You wouldn't have Christianity with the Roman Catholic Church.
Explain why.
No, read history. You wouldn't have Christianity with the Roman Catholic Church.

Who says?

the world would not have had the Spanish Inquisition without the Roman Catholic Church. ----just think---
no DON QUIXOTE-----the nuremburg laws designed
to legalize genocide----ALSO--ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. I have relatives thru marriage who speak
spanish ----having never lived in the Iberian Penninsula---for about 500 years thanks to the Spanish CATHOLIC QUEEN----bitch isabella-----and then there was poor innocent MONTEZUMA

Who says?

Who says?
Explain why.
No, read history. You wouldn't have Christianity with the Roman Catholic Church.
You're not making sense, but that's pretty normal for you.

many a priest is a homosexual----Homosexuality was
"great" in the OT??? as in what-----INTENSE ORGASM?

Your church history isn’t the truth when you don’t have Jesus.
the world would not have had the Spanish Inquisition without the Roman Catholic Church. ----just think---
Roman Catholic priests are sadistic and they have a sexual fetish for torturing people in secret catacombs.

Your church history isn’t the truth when you don’t have Jesus.
Roman Catholic priests are sadistic and they have a sexual fetish for torturing people in secret catacombs.

oh----gee---I thought that was the nuns----those kids that went to catholic school------misinformed me

ANY holiday can take on any meaning. It depends on the heart of the individual. For me Christmas is a celebration of the Messiah's birth. I can accept the fact that Jesus was likely born in March --- the history fits. But December could be the time the Magi showed up 1 to 2 years later and brought their presents. I see it as a new dawning as the days begin to get longer and longer. And this is what Christ did. He brought me out of deep darkness into more and more light.

ANY holiday can take on any meaning. It depends on the heart of the individual. For me Christmas is a celebration of the Messiah's birth. I can accept the fact that Jesus was likely born in March --- the history fits. But December could be the time the Magi showed up 1 to 2 years later and brought their presents. I see it as a new dawning as the days begin to get longer and longer. And this is what Christ did. He brought me out of deep darkness into more and more light.

after 1 to 2 years LATER ---He was still in the stable on a pile of Hay? Sheeeesh-----mary and joseph had RELATIVES-----just over the hill???

We do as the Romans do.
You mean you nail prophets to the cross and blame it on the Jews? Is that an annual event or only periodic whenever you get the urge?

The Jews did what?
Read the scriptures.
If you want to try defending your undefendable conviction against me then you'll have to tell me what is the Jews did that you think is so relevant to this dialogue. I will MOST DEFINITELY not "read the scriptures" to find some obscure, hocus-pocus, superstitious, most likely misunderstood passage. If you have something to say then say it otherwise forfeit whatever point you think you are going to make.
My Latin is rusty. Why don't you just tell me what you are trying to say and I'll fix it for you.

We do as the Romans do.

The Jews did what?
Read the scriptures.

I read them all------if it REALLY any of those "books" really, credibly, claimed that JOOOOS DONE IT----
you could cite the actual passages for LOGICAL AND CREDIBLE DISCUSSION------or is the book still on the
INDEX?
I do believe the lady has come to realize that she is standing between truth/logic and some biblically-oriented passage that she doesn't really understand herself but is going with the flow of anti-Judaic rhetoric of the pseudo-messianic sect called Christianity. Better, she thinks, to step out of the line of fire and for us to be awe-struck by some gobblygook written by superstitious, mentally deficient, rock-dwellers. Penelope has been thoroughly misled .... but she is not an idiot.

I find this piece interesting and tellworthy, because nowadays many denie the christian roots of Christmas they just equal it with ancient pagan roots, and consumerism. They want to erase the Christ out of Christmas. Many just say "But Christmas is pagan not Christian."

Read Catholic Roots of Christmas

Catholic Roots of Christmas
December 19, 2020
Christmas honors the pivotal day which altered all of history. Christians around the world celebrate Christmas as the birthday of Christ Jesus. On this day, God Incarnate departed the hidden tabernacle of Mary’s womb into the blissful embrace of His mother’s arms. And she, in turn, presented this unblemished child, this Divine Gift, to all the world that we might adore Him as “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

catholicrootsofchristmas.jpg

As with any child’s arrival, there are many preparations to be made before welcoming the new family member; an expecting family gathers bathing items, blankets, and a collection of cozy outfits. Faithful members of the Catholic Christian family prepare for Christ’s coming by observing the season of Advent.

Advent is a time of joyful anticipation in which the faithful prepare their hearts for the most special arrival of the Divine Infant. Formally introduced by the Council of Tours in 567 AD, the Advent season begins four Sundays prior to Christmas Day. This period provides a precursor to the special holy day when the Light of the World shines amidst the darkness, the Sign of Hope dispels all despair.

One Catholic tradition orienting believers toward Christ’s coming is the Nativity Scene. This practice harkens back to Medieval times when in 1223, St. Francis of Assisi directed a live nativity scene as a form of public remembrance honoring Christ’s birth. St. Francis wanted to bring the Gospels to life, assigning parts for Mary, Joseph, the shepherds, and others so that in witnessing this reenactment, all people would learn the extraordinary story of God’s love for mankind. Often the nativity creche remains empty until Christmas Eve as a reminder that the faithful eagerly await the Christ child. And when the Divine Infant arrives, how much greater is the joy during the Christmas vigil when Baby Jesus joins the Holy Family and all humanity!

When the faithful prepare their hearts properly, the blessings of Christmas may be appreciated in full. “We Christians are called to safeguard and spread the joy of waiting,” Pope Francis declared in a Vatican address. Additionally, much as the faithful await Christ’s birth in remembrance of the first Christmas, the Catholic liturgical readings point the faithful toward awaiting Christ’s ultimate return upon Judgement Day.

According to Catholic tradition, the rejoicing of Christ’s coming lasts considerably longer than one great day. Rather, it stretches from the Christmas vigil Mass until the Feast of the Epiphany, sometimes called Three Kings’ Day.

Why did the Church choose to celebrate Christ’s birth on December 25? The most direct answer is that according to the Roman calendar, this day marked the winter solstice. Saint Augustine explained the significance of this day in remembering Christ’s coming, writing, “on the day which is the shortest in our earthly reckoning and from which subsequent days begin to increase in length. He, therefore, who bent low and lifted us up chose the shortest day, yet the one whence light begins to increase.”

The most excellent Catholic tradition of celebrating Christmas as a family is attending Holy Mass together. Even young adults who may have strayed from observing other tenets of their Catholic faith will often return to Mass with their families in order to observe the sacred Feast of the Nativity.

Christmas is a rare time when the Mass readings differ according to the order in which the Mass is offered. There are four distinct Christmas Masses. The Vigil Mass is offered at the start of Christmas Eve. The Mass of the angels is a popular celebration, offered at midnight. The Dawn Mass is called the Mass of the Shepherds; it is offered early morning. Finally, on Christmas Day, the priest offers the Mass of the Divine Word.

The Christmas octave is punctuated with a feast that originally honored Christ’s circumcision. In present times, the Catholic Church commemorates the first day of the year as the Feast of Mary, Mother of God. This holy day respects Mary’s unique human privilege of forming Christ physically and spiritually before releasing Him into the world to fulfill His divine salvific work.

The end of the Christmas season points toward this extraordinary mission for which God entered the world. According to Catholic tradition, the Magi, called the Three Kings, spent 12 days following a star. The brilliant star led them to Bethlehem, where Jesus had just been born. The Wise Men—Melchior, Caspar, and Balthazar—presented three symbolic gifts to the Holy Family for their newborn son. The kings presented to the Divine Child gold to honor His kingship, frankincense to honor His priesthood, and myrrh to honor His humanity.

Many families around the world present gifts to one another either in celebration of Christmas Day or in commemoration of the Three Kings. The faithful fulfill the Christmas spirit when offering their own hearts to the Divine Messiah who humbled Himself to enter the world as a small child.

Article written by Myriah C. Boudreaux for Christian Catholic Media

Myriah C. Boudreaux graduated from Franciscan University of Steubenville with a BA in Psychology. Soon after, she left her native Southern California home to marry a FUS alumnus, start a family, settle in Bayou Country with her Cajun husband, and begin a career homeschooling their ever-growing family. With seven children ranging from ages 21 – 2, her practical understanding of Heavenly Father's patience, love, and mercy is continually expanding.
The Day of the First fruit is Jesus birthday and His rebirthday. He was born on that day and was resurrected 35 years later on the very same day.
But the Hellenistic Jews most likely chosen Jesus' birthday during the winter. That the winter solstice was considered as a sacred holy day to them.
But as long as it is done in Jesus name, it have been cleansed. Like when He told Peter to eat unclean creatures that the Greeks ate, that was forbidden by the Jews to eat. And Jesus told Peter, "whatever He cleansed, you eat".
And so as long as Christmas is done in His name, that it is okay to celebrate it. And as it says. do not go around judging others, trying to make them do what we cannot do.
And God said only worship or adorned Him. He didn't said how to adorned Him.
Some worships their children and praises their report card on the internet. But I don't think that there is a rule book for how to worship members in your family.

Acts 15:8
God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

I find this piece interesting and tellworthy, because nowadays many denie the christian roots of Christmas they just equal it with ancient pagan roots, and consumerism. They want to erase the Christ out of Christmas. Many just say "But Christmas is pagan not Christian."

Read Catholic Roots of Christmas

Catholic Roots of Christmas
December 19, 2020
Christmas honors the pivotal day which altered all of history. Christians around the world celebrate Christmas as the birthday of Christ Jesus. On this day, God Incarnate departed the hidden tabernacle of Mary’s womb into the blissful embrace of His mother’s arms. And she, in turn, presented this unblemished child, this Divine Gift, to all the world that we might adore Him as “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

catholicrootsofchristmas.jpg

As with any child’s arrival, there are many preparations to be made before welcoming the new family member; an expecting family gathers bathing items, blankets, and a collection of cozy outfits. Faithful members of the Catholic Christian family prepare for Christ’s coming by observing the season of Advent.

Advent is a time of joyful anticipation in which the faithful prepare their hearts for the most special arrival of the Divine Infant. Formally introduced by the Council of Tours in 567 AD, the Advent season begins four Sundays prior to Christmas Day. This period provides a precursor to the special holy day when the Light of the World shines amidst the darkness, the Sign of Hope dispels all despair.

One Catholic tradition orienting believers toward Christ’s coming is the Nativity Scene. This practice harkens back to Medieval times when in 1223, St. Francis of Assisi directed a live nativity scene as a form of public remembrance honoring Christ’s birth. St. Francis wanted to bring the Gospels to life, assigning parts for Mary, Joseph, the shepherds, and others so that in witnessing this reenactment, all people would learn the extraordinary story of God’s love for mankind. Often the nativity creche remains empty until Christmas Eve as a reminder that the faithful eagerly await the Christ child. And when the Divine Infant arrives, how much greater is the joy during the Christmas vigil when Baby Jesus joins the Holy Family and all humanity!

When the faithful prepare their hearts properly, the blessings of Christmas may be appreciated in full. “We Christians are called to safeguard and spread the joy of waiting,” Pope Francis declared in a Vatican address. Additionally, much as the faithful await Christ’s birth in remembrance of the first Christmas, the Catholic liturgical readings point the faithful toward awaiting Christ’s ultimate return upon Judgement Day.

According to Catholic tradition, the rejoicing of Christ’s coming lasts considerably longer than one great day. Rather, it stretches from the Christmas vigil Mass until the Feast of the Epiphany, sometimes called Three Kings’ Day.

Why did the Church choose to celebrate Christ’s birth on December 25? The most direct answer is that according to the Roman calendar, this day marked the winter solstice. Saint Augustine explained the significance of this day in remembering Christ’s coming, writing, “on the day which is the shortest in our earthly reckoning and from which subsequent days begin to increase in length. He, therefore, who bent low and lifted us up chose the shortest day, yet the one whence light begins to increase.”

The most excellent Catholic tradition of celebrating Christmas as a family is attending Holy Mass together. Even young adults who may have strayed from observing other tenets of their Catholic faith will often return to Mass with their families in order to observe the sacred Feast of the Nativity.

Christmas is a rare time when the Mass readings differ according to the order in which the Mass is offered. There are four distinct Christmas Masses. The Vigil Mass is offered at the start of Christmas Eve. The Mass of the angels is a popular celebration, offered at midnight. The Dawn Mass is called the Mass of the Shepherds; it is offered early morning. Finally, on Christmas Day, the priest offers the Mass of the Divine Word.

The Christmas octave is punctuated with a feast that originally honored Christ’s circumcision. In present times, the Catholic Church commemorates the first day of the year as the Feast of Mary, Mother of God. This holy day respects Mary’s unique human privilege of forming Christ physically and spiritually before releasing Him into the world to fulfill His divine salvific work.

The end of the Christmas season points toward this extraordinary mission for which God entered the world. According to Catholic tradition, the Magi, called the Three Kings, spent 12 days following a star. The brilliant star led them to Bethlehem, where Jesus had just been born. The Wise Men—Melchior, Caspar, and Balthazar—presented three symbolic gifts to the Holy Family for their newborn son. The kings presented to the Divine Child gold to honor His kingship, frankincense to honor His priesthood, and myrrh to honor His humanity.

Many families around the world present gifts to one another either in celebration of Christmas Day or in commemoration of the Three Kings. The faithful fulfill the Christmas spirit when offering their own hearts to the Divine Messiah who humbled Himself to enter the world as a small child.

Article written by Myriah C. Boudreaux for Christian Catholic Media

Myriah C. Boudreaux graduated from Franciscan University of Steubenville with a BA in Psychology. Soon after, she left her native Southern California home to marry a FUS alumnus, start a family, settle in Bayou Country with her Cajun husband, and begin a career homeschooling their ever-growing family. With seven children ranging from ages 21 – 2, her practical understanding of Heavenly Father's patience, love, and mercy is continually expanding.
The Day of the First fruit is Jesus birthday and His rebirthday. He was born on that day and was resurrected 35 years later on the very same day.
But the Hellenistic Jews most likely chosen Jesus' birthday during the winter. That the winter solstice was considered as a sacred holy day to them.
But as long as it is done in Jesus name, it have been cleansed. Like when He told Peter to eat unclean creatures that the Greeks ate, that was forbidden by the Jews to eat. And Jesus told Peter, "whatever He cleansed, you eat".
And so as long as Christmas is done in His name, that it is okay to celebrate it. And as it says. do not go around judging others, trying to make them do what we cannot do.
And God said only worship or adorned Him. He didn't said how to adorned Him.
Some worships their children and praises their report card on the internet. But I don't think that there is a rule book for how to worship members in your family.

Acts 15:8
God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

I had a friend way back in high school named Althea. ---she came up with silly stuff like this ^^^^^ too.
She attended a special educational program which
provided sophist literature crediting the Greek scholars of old with just about every philosophical and scientific
accomplishment known to mankind and even posthumously decided that they were believers in the
articles of the Greek Orthodox Church----longtime BC. all rejected the concept of polytheism---but
HELLENISTIC JEWS who considered the winter solstice
to be 'holy' is a new one on me. Let's ask Philo

Forum List

Back