Is big government, aka the FDA, killing people?

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Of course they are, but that won't change the minds of its defenders.

Stem-cell treatment.
In light of all these difficulties, it is absolutely critical that the FDA should not be allowed to extend its power over new drugs and devices to regulate the practice of medicine, where it is singularly ill-equipped to intervene. Unfortunately, the FDA has sought with some success to insert itself into the regulation of medical practice in the highly promising area of stem-cell technology.
In the 2012 watershed decision Regenerative Sciences LLC v. United States, Judge Rosemary Collyer sustained the FDA’s asserted control of this entire area. Now that her decision is on appeal, I have attacked her opinion at length in my essay for the Manhattan Institute, “The FDA’s Misguided Regulation of Stem-Cell Procedures: How Administrative Overreach Blocks Medical Innovation
It is widely recognized that stem-cell therapies hold the key to the next generation of medical advances in connection with such devastating conditions such as leukemia and Parkinson’s diseases. It is also common ground in the medical profession that so-called “allogenic” treatments, whereby stem-cells from one person are ultimately transferred into the body of another, run the risk of immunological rejection by the recipient. The preferred road to medical advance lies therefore through “autologous” transfers that remove your own cells, which are then manipulated under laboratory conditions to grow new tissue forms that can then be reinjected into your body to restore its lost function.

Government Overreach Threatens Lives | Hoover Institution

So would you want no food standards??? Is this what you're saying????

China, Mexico and other third world shit holes don't have a FDA and clean food standards either.

I see. Without the FDA, there'd be no food standards.

Yeah, that's it. The only possible way we can have food standards is an overblown bureaucracy in the pocket of the pharmaceutical companies.

Without the FDA, we'd degenerate into a third world hovel.

Can't argue with that.

China, Mexico and other third world shit holes don't have a FDA and clean food standards either.

LOL. You think the crap you're eating is food?

I see. Without the FDA, there'd be no food standards.

Yeah, that's it. The only possible way we can have food standards is an overblown bureaucracy in the pocket of the pharmaceutical companies.

Without the FDA, we'd degenerate into a third world hovel.

Can't argue with that.

Neither can the people that had bad foodstuffs before the FDA.

Of course they are, but that won't change the minds of its defenders.

Stem-cell treatment.
In light of all these difficulties, it is absolutely critical that the FDA should not be allowed to extend its power over new drugs and devices to regulate the practice of medicine, where it is singularly ill-equipped to intervene. Unfortunately, the FDA has sought with some success to insert itself into the regulation of medical practice in the highly promising area of stem-cell technology.
In the 2012 watershed decision Regenerative Sciences LLC v. United States, Judge Rosemary Collyer sustained the FDA’s asserted control of this entire area. Now that her decision is on appeal, I have attacked her opinion at length in my essay for the Manhattan Institute, “The FDA’s Misguided Regulation of Stem-Cell Procedures: How Administrative Overreach Blocks Medical Innovation
It is widely recognized that stem-cell therapies hold the key to the next generation of medical advances in connection with such devastating conditions such as leukemia and Parkinson’s diseases. It is also common ground in the medical profession that so-called “allogenic” treatments, whereby stem-cells from one person are ultimately transferred into the body of another, run the risk of immunological rejection by the recipient. The preferred road to medical advance lies therefore through “autologous” transfers that remove your own cells, which are then manipulated under laboratory conditions to grow new tissue forms that can then be reinjected into your body to restore its lost function.

Government Overreach Threatens Lives | Hoover Institution

No they aren't ........... I know, because I tried to sell some MAD COW infected beef to homeless shelters and they wouldn't allow it.
Also tried to start a program to harvest stem cells from low income women, they wouldn't allow it.

The FDA regulates no one. They are protecting the companies they are supposed to be regulating. I had a problem with a medical device I had out in 2005. I saw a notice on the internet it was defective in 2009.; I had a bypass in 2015 because of this device. I have tried to contact the FDA and Cordis who made it. I got a form from the FDA, but since then have been ignored. I have tried to contact my Republican representative, but I already know that was a waste of time.

Forum List

Back