CDZ Is anything being done to improve race relations?

As someone who sees PLENTY of room for improvement on BOTH ends of this issue, I'm finding myself getting more and more frustrated (and, full disclosure, confused) about it.

With regards to "race relations" and/or "a national conversation on race", I'm seeing neither. What I am seeing is precisely the same kinds of behaviors on both ends of the issue: Continued airing/droning of grievances and efforts to gain any advantage over the other side, from voting laws to statue removal (?).

I'm starting this thread in the CDZ because I'd really like to see if we can have a (relatively) civil and (far more importantly) interesting conversation here.

So: Is anything being done to actually improve race relations? If so, how's that working out?
It all depends on what you do for yourself and the relations around you.
Nobody can address racial issues "for other people."
That isn't where change takes place.

The level where changes do occur is personal and only that person can choose to forgive and include instead of reject and project blame or responsibility on others. So by the time changes happen, this is only something you can do or decide for yourself.

The best outreach and process of dialogue to help people come to terms with changing their own perspective, instead of worrying about everyone else, is the nonprofit CHR Center for the Healing of Racism. By changing yourself and how you interact, this influences change naturally around you.

Www.centerforhealingracism.org
Www.isocracytx.net/hp-org/CHRguide.html

As someone who sees PLENTY of room for improvement on BOTH ends of this issue, I'm finding myself getting more and more frustrated (and, full disclosure, confused) about it.

With regards to "race relations" and/or "a national conversation on race", I'm seeing neither. What I am seeing is precisely the same kinds of behaviors on both ends of the issue: Continued airing/droning of grievances and efforts to gain any advantage over the other side, from voting laws to statue removal (?).

I'm starting this thread in the CDZ because I'd really like to see if we can have a (relatively) civil and (far more importantly) interesting conversation here.

So: Is anything being done to actually improve race relations? If so, how's that working out?

The level where changes do occur is personal and only that person can choose to forgive and include instead of reject and project blame or responsibility on others. So by the time changes happen, this is only something you can do or decide for yourself.

The best outreach and process of dialogue to help people come to terms with changing their own perspective, instead of worrying about everyone else, is the nonprofit CHR Center for the Healing of Racism. By changing yourself and how you interact, this influences change naturally around you.

This kind of thing doesn't take place in a vacuum. It's not only inside the individual. It's tribal.

Whether it's a right winger dismissing/downplaying (and therefore enabling) racism, or a left winger dismissing/downplaying (and therefore enabling) the PC/Identity Politics crap that only makes things worse, this is cultural as much as political.

Let's take this board, for example. There are people who tell me I'm lying when I say that real racism still exists. And there are people who tell me I'm lying when I say that PC/Identity Politics exists. And it's always, always in defense of their tribe.

I'll say it again: We don't fix this in the short term until and unless we all hold our "sides" accountable, and stop enabling them. Longer term? Well, maybe my daughters (who know not to give a crap about race) and their friends will make things better.

Last edited:

This kind of thing doesn't take place in a vacuum. It's not only inside the individual. It's tribal.

Whether it's a right winger dismissing/downplaying (and therefore enabling) racism, or a left winger dismissing/downplaying (and therefore enabling) the PC/Identity Politics crap that only makes things worse, this is cultural as much as political.

Let's take this board, for example. There are people who tell me I'm lying when I say that real racism still exists. And there are people who tell me I'm lying when I say that PC/Identity Politics exists. And it's always, always in defense of their tribe.

I'll say it again: We don't fix this in the short term until and unless we all hold our "sides" accountable, and stop enabling them. Longer term? Well, maybe my daughters (who know not to give a crap about race) and their friends will make things better.
Mac, many of us do not experience racism and simply do not understand. I know I do not understand. I'm not trying to enable it, and I'll admit that I get confused about what is really happening and what the PC people are saying is happening. From what I see in my little part of Indiana, races are mixing well, and individuals are being judged as such. And as has been said, the kids everywhere just don't care about race. What does the right need to do to not enable real racism? I take care of my family and try not to hurt anyone. I never thought I was enabling the problem, but like I said, I don't truly understand the problem. Is people living their own lives not enough? What has to happen?

Mac, many of us do not experience racism and simply do not understand. I know I do not understand. I'm not trying to enable it, and I'll admit that I get confused about what is really happening and what the PC people are saying is happening. From what I see in my little part of Indiana, races are mixing well, and individuals are being judged as such. And as has been said, the kids everywhere just don't care about race. What does the right need to do to not enable real racism? I take care of my family and try not to hurt anyone. I never thought I was enabling the problem, but like I said, I don't truly understand the problem. Is people living their own lives not enough? What has to happen?

mac wants us to join in, in dogpiling our own, when liberals accuse them.

The problem is, he makes no distinction between real and false accusations. And the VAST majority of the accusations are false.

The problem is, he makes no distinction between real and false accusations. And the VAST majority of the accusations are false.
So you think I'm lying. Just as I said in the post you quoted.

I appreciate the way you jump in to perfectly illustrate my point for me.

And, once again, this is why I no longer bother with asymmetrical conversations here.

And, once again, this is why I no longer bother with asymmetrical conversations here.

Lying? I just summarized your position. I note that you don't have anything to say about whether or not the majority of accusations of wacism are true or false.

Or, whether or not you care.

Lying? I just summarized your position. I note that you don't have anything to say about whether or not the majority of accusations of wacism are true or false.

I've gone over it a thousand times. The fact that I'm against weaponized PC/Identity Politics should be your first clue.

Please stop trying to derail my thread. Start another thread on YOUR topic if you want. Thank you.

I've gone over it a thousand times. The fact that I'm against weaponized PC/Identity Politics should be your first clue.

Please stop trying to derail my thread. Start another thread on YOUR topic if you want. Thank you.

I'm not trying to derail it. I'm trying to move it along to the crux of the issue.

Mac1958 claims he wants a discussion about race relations

But obviously he does not because he continues to pretend that white trump voters are an equal the source of the problem

He thinks pc is wrong but has no passion for speaking about it in detail if it makes libs look bad

Last edited:

The race wedge is how democrats win elections. There is no way democrats are going to stop doing that.

I think it is just a simple matter of people not understanding. It is curious you find people who stay out of the race debate just as culpable as those who stir it up. How are republicans enabling racism by staying away from the topic? What are they supposed to do? What are the real race problems, and what do you want the right side of the political spectrum to do about them? If you do not tell us, I'm afraid you will never be able to have a real conversation about it. I am sincere about wanting to know your point of view.

The race wedge is how democrats win elections. There is no way democrats are going to stop doing that.
I know. It's all their fault.

Why not tell us how not engaging is just as culpable? How is it enabling to not stir things up? Our kids are turning out ok, so how are we enabling? Without your point of view, there is no conversation.

Why not tell us how not engaging is just as culpable? How is it enabling to not stir things up? Our kids are turning out ok, so how are we enabling? Without your point of view, there is no conversation.
I make the assumption that posters here have at least a rudimentary knowledge and understanding of the perspectives, experiences and opinions of others. It's not my responsibility to educate you on the fundamentals. That's boring.

If you either don't know what I'm talking about or disagree with what I've said, if you don't see anything wrong on your end of this, if you think the Right is blameless on the race issue, fine. Maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

I make the assumption that posters here have at least a rudimentary knowledge and understanding of the perspectives, experiences and opinions of others. It's not my responsibility to educate you on the fundamentals. That's boring.

If you either don't know what I'm talking about or disagree with what I've said, if you don't see anything wrong on your end of this, if you think the Right is blameless on the race issue, fine. Maybe I'm wrong.
I honestly think those on the right do not know what it is you think we are doing wrong. I know I don't. You can call me an idiot and say you don't want to talk to me, great, but it is a huge mistake to assume everybody knows what you are thinking and talking about. I do not think we are talking fundamentals and a basic education, because I'm guessing more people don't know what you are talking about than the other way around. It is a bit of a punk move to condemn people, but not tell them what you are condemning them of. All you say is that republicans are enabling racism. I do not think it is obvious or elementary how this is happening. You want a discussion but you won't talk to half of the people about the problem because it bores you. What is being enabled, and how?

Your question is interesting because you didn't ask about what can be done to reduce racism but, instead, what can be done to improve race relations. The two sound related but, in reality, are only tangentially related.

The best way, but isn't being done on the left, to improve race relations is to focus on the good and the improvements in reducing racism rather than, as the left is doing, digging back hundreds of years to focus on past sins that have been long-since remedied or at least stopped.

The left is trying to start a race war - actually being a bit successful. In another recent thread there was a discussion about a marine arrested for trying to start a race war and it mentioned Timothy McVeigh, who also wanted to start a race war. Unfortunately, there are haters in the world. Some associate themselves with the Democratic Party, others associate themselves with the Republican Party. We need to stop the violence from both sides and stop promoting the hate.

The problem with race relations has always existed and likely always will but if we just got back to where we were 4 years ago, before the left started trying so hard to divide the races.

What's not often said, but I believe is absolutely true, is that George Floyd was just useful timing. The hard-core socialists have been waiting for a long time for the right circumstance to start the revolution. They don't give a shit about George Floyd but his death was a useful tool and the deep Trump Derangement Syndrome pandemic on the left allowed them to get worked up to violence in response. The racial and political divisiveness is all part of a hundred-year-old effort to eventually collapse our nation and rebuild in communism.

Your question is interesting because you didn't ask about what can be done to reduce racism but, instead, what can be done to improve race relations. The two sound related but, in reality, are only tangentially related.

The best way, but isn't being done on the left, to improve race relations is to focus on the good and the improvements in reducing racism rather than, as the left is doing, digging back hundreds of years to focus on past sins that have been long-since remedied or at least stopped.

The left is trying to start a race war - actually being a bit successful. In another recent thread there was a discussion about a marine arrested for trying to start a race war and it mentioned Timothy McVeigh, who also wanted to start a race war. Unfortunately, there are haters in the world. Some associate themselves with the Democratic Party, others associate themselves with the Republican Party. We need to stop the violence from both sides and stop promoting the hate.

The problem with race relations has always existed and likely always will but if we just got back to where we were 4 years ago, before the left started trying so hard to divide the races.

What's not often said, but I believe is absolutely true, is that George Floyd was just useful timing. The hard-core socialists have been waiting for a long time for the right circumstance to start the revolution. They don't give a shit about George Floyd but his death was a useful tool and the deep Trump Derangement Syndrome pandemic on the left allowed them to get worked up to violence in response. The racial and political divisiveness is all part of a hundred-year-old effort to eventually collapse our nation and rebuild in communism.
I think that some of the actions on the Left are based on the fact that their impulse is to see the world through an "Oppressed/Oppressor" paradigm (whereas the Right's paradigm is more "Good vs. Evil").

That's some of it. I do think that the other primary element is far more cynical and an expression of political opportunism.

I don't see any criticism of the Right in your post. Do you have any?

I think that some of the actions on the Left are based on the fact that their impulse is to see the world through an "Oppressed/Oppressor" paradigm (whereas the Right's paradigm is more "Good vs. Evil").

That's some of it. I do think that the other primary element is far more cynical and an expression of political opportunism.

I don't see any criticism of the Right in your post. Do you have any?
What kind of criticism are you looking for?

From what I see, we are leaning towards a new form of segregation. For example:

• AAVE - African American Vernacular English - This is slang supposedly created by AAs and are becoming upset by Caucasians that might use the language in a social media platform. This came to light after Michael Che of SNL wrote a skit about slang that was criticized by AAs even thought Michael Che is black himself.
  • Justin Beiber was accused of racial appropriation after sporting new dreads and the cut them off.
  • Use of the N-word in written and published songs can only be sung by AAs even though the songs have been published and profits are being made. But if you are white you can't sing, whisper, or even mutter the word even though you may have legal ownership or use rights of the song. We saw this recently when a recent Bachelorette contestant was recorded singing a song, and when the N word came up in the lyrics she hesitantly whispered the word. However backlash ensued and she had to make a public apology for singing the word. I understand the historical context of the N-word. But there is a cultural hypocrisy that exists that is creating a neo form of segregation.
  • Recently an Ikea in the south (Atlanta I believe) hosted a free luncheon for the employees. The menu consisted of fried chicken, collard greens and watermelon. However this was racially insensitive and the Ikea's management had to issue an apology even though this food is staple of southern food regardless of race. So are employers, white people, no longer allowed to serve or offer AAs this type of food?
Instead of finding ways in which all races can find commonalities and also embrace cultural differences, we are finding that who can embrace what is being defined by everyone else but white people. If a white person wants to use AAVE, why are black people offended by it?
The line of what is "racist" or cultural appropriation is continually being moved. No ground can ever be made if we take two steps forward but the line moves 6 steps in the opposite direction.

Forum List

Back