CDZ Is anything being done to improve race relations?

So far, just about all we're seeing here is more grievance.

This is the rut we're stuck in.
Seeing what you want to see. In everyday life, people get along well. Co-workers, families, people in the grocery. Most Americans are ready to move on.

Mac, it might be helpful if you could shed some light on the what you believe the problem is. What racial issues are you looking to fix? Do you believe that all white people are racists, like CRT. Do you think minorities are incapable of succeeding due to their color, like democrats? If you are looking to fix a problem, you have to define it first.

Both sides of the isle are an embarrassment when it comes to the problems of minorities.
As I always say, nothing of lasting substance improves unless and until both ends of this start holding their own side accountable.

And, bring them that up to either end, and you'll get "Huh? My end? What are WE doin' wrong! I don't see nuthin'! We're fine! It's all THEIR fault, THOSE guys, over THERE!"

Either one end chooses to be the adult in the room, or we continue down this path to literal Balkanization (which appears to be the goal for some).

Last edited:
Mac, it might be helpful if you could shed some light on the what you believe the problem is. What racial issues are you looking to fix? Do you believe that all white people are racists, like CRT. Do you think minorities are incapable of succeeding due to their color, like democrats? If you are looking to fix a problem, you have to define it first.
it's not a discussion he's after, he wants to ignore the discussions that were directed at him. He's a lazy troll. Can't argue facts, since facts are inconvenient to the discussion. I asked, he never responded. shame. I'd throw the thread out.

And then there is you, standing in the middle waving your finger at both sides as if both were equally to blame

Which never exists in nature
he provides no value to a discussion because of that. He believes all are equal when facts don't line that up. And then, he has no desire to speak about the facts/ truths. He doesn't even believe the demofks are the kkk. when one can't agree on that, it loses all the umph he's looking for.

NO!

Everything in fact is being done to make certain folks angrier than ever.

NO!

A "national conversation" would make things only worse.

We should return to the days when most people ignored the issue as the American elephant in the room.

There is NO solution.

When certain folks were forced to come here to work unpaid, that sealed the fate of this nation.

It's true: A person (or nation) reaps what it sows.
There is always at least one solution to every problem, with most problems having multiple solutions.

As has already been mentioned by several wise posters, to choose to listen/read MSM’s doomsday self-fulfilling prophecy, forecasting mega racial divisions and predicting more chaos daily, the good things happening go unnoticed. Almost as if they aren’t even happening. The purpose to enhance racial divisions, enrage half the audience to increase the odds they tune in the next day, and to create new divisions if possible must be very profitable.

I think back to my childhood and had no idea at the time that the national media in 2021 would be more corrupt than ever before. My younger self wasn’t aware of the kind of political influence one can have by owning over 90% of the US media/telecommunications market. I was also naïve to think at that time that each decade would bring about more solutions/less unresolved problems. The United States could’ve been in that situation by now, less unsolvable problems, yet due to greed for power, money, and control we have a ways to go socially, politically, medically, and humanely. It can still happen when enough individuals throughout our country decide they’ve had enough. Like another poster mentioned, individual efforts matter greatly and don’t let the media fortune tellers tell you otherwise.

Last edited:
He believes all are equal when facts don't line that up.
I think Mac1958 knows that the party he voted for is to blame for the current racial division

But he cant say that due to his deep hatred for trump

And thats because trump spoke out against the ANTIFA/Black Lies Matter race riots

It seems that its the young are the ones who will make the changes, Even in very conservative areas they seem to be less concerned about race, or sexual preferences.
I think that's true in some ways. Our daughters (23 and 26) pretty much don't give two shits about race or sexual orientation, and neither do their friends. They have found themselves in a few social situations, though, where it got ugly. They were pretty shocked to see it, though, which at least tells me that they don't see that much of it.

Our kids have a bit of an advantage, though, being mixed race like my wife and I. All four of us have people tell us "I've always WONDERED what you were!" when they find out our ethnicity. :laugh:

However, there have been SEVERAL times when my wife and I were in situations where the bigots REALLY cut loose because they didn't realize we're half brown. So when these folks here claim it doesn't exist, all I can do at this point is roll my eyes and move on.

We have a ways to go. But yeah, I think the light is at the end of the tunnel. This may just be the final, primal scream of those who can't handle it. Maybe this will just fade with time.

I think that's true in some ways. Our daughters (23 and 26) pretty much don't give two shits about race or sexual orientation, and neither do their friends. They have found themselves in a few social situations, though, where it got ugly. They were pretty shocked to see it, though, which at least tells me that they don't see that much of it.

Our kids have a bit of an advantage, though, being mixed race like my wife and I. All four of us have people tell us "I've always WONDERED what you were!" when they find out our ethnicity. :laugh:

However, there have been SEVERAL times when my wife and I were in situations where the bigots REALLY cut loose because they didn't realize we're half brown. So when these folks here claim it doesn't exist, all I can do at this point is roll my eyes and move on.

We have a ways to go. But yeah, I think the light is at the end of the tunnel. This may just be the final, primal scream of those who can't handle it. Maybe this will just fade with time.
I'm 'white' and used to live in a predominately black area. The folks who lived there were good people however, you did not want to be white and walk downtown at night.

It seems that its the young are the ones who will make the changes, Even in very conservative areas they seem to be less concerned about race, or sexual preferences.

Young kids today are interesting, they can swear like sailors, but if you say anything about someone being gay, they will freak out like you are a monster. As far as race, they honestly don't care. That is why I find it unfortunate that things like CRT, and systemic racism are being thought up. We are finally getting to a point where it doesn't matter what you look like, and these morons are saying all people of a certain race are born bad and that having the wrong skin color means you aren't capable of doing anything. I know why these groups are doing it, but they are trying to snatch victory away. When you talk of a final, primal scream, it makes me wonder if you are mixing race and politics. Do you think finishing off racism and the belief in smaller government are the same thing? I get that impression by the way you constantly refer to millions of people as Trumpsters. I do not think wanting to live more independently from government is racist, or needs to be finished off in a primal scream.

Last edited:

Your kids have an advantage because of their mixed race? Interesting.

I'm sorry that people speak of you a certain way when they do not know your ethnicity. I know of many people who will speak crap about general groups, but they still judge people as individuals in the real world. They love their coworkers in these very same groups, because they get to know them. I know it is still a shitty thing. Discrimination is inevitable. I'm sure black people talk about white people in general, and so on. All we can hope for is individuals treating individuals well. Discrimination is going to happen, but that is not the same as prejudice. Is this a political problem with a political solution?

So when these folks here claim it doesn't exist, all I can do at this point is roll my eyes and move on.
Thats a touching story

But I suppose you designed it to be

The question before us here is does government write laws to make that black people cannot progress?

And the correct answer is no

What exactly happened? Where were you? What is 'half brown?' I'm supposedly 'white' but half my family is from an island in the Adriatic the other half is native american if we get a bit of sun we are very brown.

Forum List

Back