CDZ Is anything being done to improve race relations?

correct, the ones who think they own full cities and the streets.
Yes the 'entitled' ones. They're the same ones who refuse to obey law enforcement when stopped, they're the same ones who burn cities because they don't like it when a thug becomes room temperature after taking drugs, disobeying law enforcement and generally being a complete idiot.

I think that's true in some ways. Our daughters (23 and 26) pretty much don't give two shits about race or sexual orientation, and neither do their friends. They have found themselves in a few social situations, though, where it got ugly. They were pretty shocked to see it, though, which at least tells me that they don't see that much of it.

Our kids have a bit of an advantage, though, being mixed race like my wife and I. All four of us have people tell us "I've always WONDERED what you were!" when they find out our ethnicity. :laugh:

However, there have been SEVERAL times when my wife and I were in situations where the bigots REALLY cut loose because they didn't realize we're half brown. So when these folks here claim it doesn't exist, all I can do at this point is roll my eyes and move on.

We have a ways to go. But yeah, I think the light is at the end of the tunnel. This may just be the final, primal scream of those who can't handle it. Maybe this will just fade with time.
I'm 'white' and used to live in a predominately black area. The folks who lived there were good people however, you did not want to be white and walk downtown at night.
shhh, no one wants anyone to know that blacks hate whites. all of them.
Unkotare, would you walk down a street on the south side of chicago after 10:00pm?

honestly think those on the right do not know what it is you think we are doing wrong. I know I don't. You can call me an idiot and say you don't want to talk to me, great, but it is a huge mistake to assume everybody knows what you are thinking and talking about. I do not think we are talking fundamentals and a basic education, because I'm guessing more people don't know what you are talking about than the other way around. It is a bit of a punk move to condemn people, but not tell them what you are condemning them of. All you say is that republicans are enabling racism. I do not think it is obvious or elementary how this is happening. You want a discussion but you won't talk to half of the people about the problem because it bores you. What is being enabled, and how?
What happened to Mac1958?

This is his thread that DustyInfiniy enged with civilly and the op master has didappeared

Obama set the clock back decades, promoting the fear of racism as justification for his political existence and failed 8 years in office. He accomplished absolutely nothing to improve race relations or economic well being of minorities. The media now carries the banner forward and moron in chief’s handlers are capitalizing on the crusade and false narrative. I imagine MLK is rolling in his grave.

Raciest is a word like commie, yes of course we have some, but now those words are just used to bash each other for political gain. Discrimination is a better word & covers more ground. And all people discriminate. Picking your friends usually involves mutual interest. All our big messes now seem to be created & not naturally occurring. created for the benefit of the few. Have some groups been treated badly by most ALL of us yes. that is a fact. fighting over when in history each political did a better or worse job is not productive, We are here now & most of us know how we should treat our fellow humans.
From my perspective, I see the two sides of this issue (and I don't know what percentage of the population that means for sure) being more than willing to feed into the other's grievances.

The Right is correct that the Left (read: White Liberals) have polluted the issue by (a) screaming RACISM at every last goddamn thing that moves, and (b) enabling the worst impulses of American Blacks by coddling them and refusing to hold them accountable for their actions. And they refuse to see how important a role those tactics played in getting Trump elected.

The Left is correct that the Right enables its blatantly obvious elements by refusing to speak out and hold them accountable for their actions, refusing to even see the racial bigotry that still exists. "Huh? What? I don't see a thing", or "oh, there's barely any of it", as if they would know. They just don't see a goddamn thing, and they will continue to say that.

This is an incredible (maybe "ridiculous" is a better term) negative-symbiotic relationship. The two sides just love to feed directly into the arguments of the other. And more interestingly, they need each other.

Last edited:
From my perspective, I see the two sides of this issue (and I don't know what percentage of the population that means for sure) being more than willing to feed into the other's grievances.

The Right is correct that the Left (read: White Liberals) have polluted the issue by (a) screaming RACISM at every last goddamn thing that moves, and (b) enabling the worst impulses of American Blacks by coddling them and refusing to hold them accountable for their actions. And they refuse to see how important a role those tactics played in getting Trump elected.

The Left is correct that the Right enables its blatantly obvious elements by refusing to speak out and hold them accountable for their actions, refusing to even see the racial bigotry that still exists. "Huh? What? I don't see a thing", or "oh, there's barely any of it", as if they would know. They just don't see a goddamn thing, and they will continue to say that.

This is an incredible (maybe "ridiculous" is a better term) negative-symbiotic relationship. The two sides just love to feed directly into the arguments of the other. And more interestingly, they need each other.
Name any Republican representative that is bigoted. The Democrats have a Black Caucus, for instance, and there is no White Caucus. Democrats constantly harp on so-called 'white privilege' yet not one of them can point to an example. Democrats were slaveholders, Republicans were for emancipation (if you want to go back that far). When are moderate Democrats going to hold their bigots accountable? CRT is a Democrat supported racist program. BLM is a racist organization supported by Democrats. I see no such racist programs or organizations supported by the so-called 'right.' In fact, I venture to say that the 'far right' (as Democrats and the media like to say) is actually the moderate political faction in America today.

Name any Republican representative that is bigoted. The Democrats have a Black Caucus, for instance, and there is no White Caucus. Democrats constantly harp on so-called 'white privilege' yet not one of them can point to an example. Democrats were slaveholders, Republicans were for emancipation (if you want to go back that far). When are moderate Democrats going to hold THEM accountable? CRT is a Democrat supported racist program. BLM is a racist organization supported by Democrats. I see no such racist programs or organizations supported by the so-called 'right.' In fact, I venture to say that the 'far right' (as Democrats and the media like to say) is actually the moderate political faction in America today.
And there ya go.

And there ya go.
WTF is that supposed to mean? Can you name even 1 Republican bigot? Can you define 'white privilege?' Why do Democrats support racist programs and organizations like CRT and BLM? OR can you explain why a program that teaches white children they are prejudiced is NOT racist? OR why an organization would only care about the lives of those with a certain skin color? Come on now, stop trolling.

WTF is that supposed to mean? Can you name even 1 Republican bigot? Can you define 'white privilege?' Why do Democrats support racist programs and organizations like CRT and BLM? OR can you explain why a program that teaches white children they are prejudiced is NOT racist? OR why an organization would only care about the lives of those with a certain skin color? Come on now, stop trolling.
I could provide many examples. And we both know you'll dismiss all of them.

You don't see a thing. EXACTLY as I described. That's what I meant by "and there ya go".

I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

I could provide many examples. And we both know you'll dismiss all of them.

You don't see a thing. EXACTLY as I described. That's what I meant by "and there ya go".

I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

Let me get this straight. So, IF you were to provide examples of today's Republican bigots and I honestly and logically refuted them you would say I am dismissing your rebuttal out of hand? What kind of crazy setup is that? I never said you were trying to convince me of anything. I see plenty, I see you have failed to post one example to support your opinion. Besides you don't have any examples to offer anyway.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. So, IF you were to provide examples of today's Republican bigots and I honestly and logically refuted them you would say I am dismissing your rebuttal out of hand? What kind of crazy setup is that? I never said you were trying to convince me of anything. I see plenty, I see you have failed to post one example to support your opinion. Besides you don't have any examples to offer anyway.
And you illustrate my point again. You don't see a thing.

Just as I said.

And you illustrate my point again. You don't see a thing.

Just as I said.
OK, apparently you need an example, this is what YOU wrote:

"the Right enables its blatantly obvious elements by refusing to speak out and hold them accountable for their actions, refusing to even see the racial bigotry that still exists."

Where is the 'racial bigotry' that exists today on the Right or in the Republican party? I will give you that there are some skin heads, etc. but they do not represent the political 'right' or the Republican party in any way shape or form.

I don't think race relations are as bad as they are made out to be. Yes racism exist and there are racist there probably always will be to some degree but I believe they are a small percentage but there voice and impact are amplified by the race baiters and politicans who need us to believe things are no better now than they were 200 years ago to keep themselves relevant. The first step to ending the racial divisions we still have is tuning these type of people out.

I don't think race relations are as bad as they are made out to be. Yes racism exist and there are racist there probably always will be to some degree but I believe they are a small percentage but there voice and impact are amplified by the race baiters and politicans who need us to believe things are no better now than they were 200 years ago to keep themselves relevant. The first step to ending the racial divisions we still have is tuning these type of people out.
It’s to tell the blacks they have the power. Only them! Demofks still think blacks are inferior

Race relations are worse today than probably any time in the past 50 years, perhaps even 100 years. They shouldn't be. Six years ago, they weren't. Six years ago, race relations were likely better than at any time in our nation's history and then we elected Trump. That scared the radical left more than anything in our history; there was a chance that their planned revolution was going to fail before it started. So much winning that they were tired of winning.

That's when they started looking for the opportunity to drive a wedge and, lo-and-behold, they got George Floyd.

Race relations are worse today than probably any time in the past 50 years, perhaps even 100 years. They shouldn't be. Six years ago, they weren't. Six years ago, race relations were likely better than at any time in our nation's history and then we elected Trump. That scared the radical left more than anything in our history; there was a chance that their planned revolution was going to fail before it started. So much winning that they were tired of winning.

That's when they started looking for the opportunity to drive a wedge and, lo-and-behold, they got George Floyd.
Correct, demofks couldn’t have that!!

As my teachers were ALWAYS fond of pointing out to students that loved to complain about problems at home and with society.......

* Fixing any problem, no matter what the problem is, starts with YOU!

*If you are not part of the SOLUTION, then you are part of the PROBLEM.

Forum List

Back