IRS ADMITTED to Targeting Tea Party Groups...& now Releases Identities of targeted Groups

Wait a minute . Suddenly conservatives are AGAINST law enforcement profiling groups???

Lol, oh the irony !

This was not profiling.

This was not because the IRS thought that these groups were more likely to be criminals.

This was because the IRS did not like these groups.

Sure it's profiling. They are the tax guys targeting groups called "taxed enough already ". Aka anti tax groups .

You really want to use this argument?

Yes . It's Classic profiling . They took superficial facts like "using liberty in the group name " and targeted them , thinking they were up to no good .

What a load of horse shit Timmy.
If they did nothing wrong why did the IRS apologize?
They didn't. And admitted nothing. Change the gd channel.

Wait a minute . Suddenly conservatives are AGAINST law enforcement profiling groups???

Lol, oh the irony !

This was not profiling.

This was not because the IRS thought that these groups were more likely to be criminals.

Sure it's profiling. They are the tax guys targeting groups called "taxed enough already ". Aka anti tax groups .

Yes . It's Classic profiling . They took superficial facts like "using liberty in the group name " and targeted them , thinking they were up to no good .
Do you realize just how damning it is for an American government body to suspect a group of criminal activity because it has the word "liberty" in its name? Liberty, the central idea on which this country was founded? That's just how far we have fallen, and you seem to think it is a defense. Odd.

the TP wanted to stir up the crap pile, so hows does the revolution smell?

This was not profiling.

IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups

IRS admits targeting conservatives for tax scrutiny in 2012 election

Tea Party Rejects IRS Apology, Republicans Vow Investigation

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/11/u...servative-groups-over-application-audits.html

Need I continue short bus?

This was not profiling.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, go back to your homes, nothing to see here, move along, move along. No pictures or recordings, please. Remember, you saw nothing, you heard nothing, you know nothing.

Nobody turned down. Numbers explained by huge numbers of TP groups as TP just started. IRS non-partisan since Nixon's bs...
They did worse than turning deserving groups down. They kept them in limbo for years with ridiculous request after request.

IRS reveals list of tea party groups targeted for extra scrutiny

"More than three years after it admitted to targeting tea party groups for intrusive scrutiny, the IRS has finally released a near-complete list of the organizations it snagged in a political dragnet.

The tax agency filed the list last month as part of a court case after a series of federal judges, fed up with what they said was the agency’s stonewalling, ordered it to get a move on. The case is a class-action lawsuit, so the list of names is critical to knowing the scope of those who would have a claim against the IRS.

The government released names of 426 organizations. Another 40 were not released as part of the list because they had already opted out of being part of the class-action suit.

That total is much higher than the 298 groups the IRS‘ inspector general identified back in May 2013, when investigators first revealed the agency had been subjecting applications to long — potentially illegal — delays, and forcing them to answer intrusive questions about their activities."

"A series of investigations found the IRS did ask intrusive questions and did delay applications for years, in violation of policy."

"The IRS declined to comment, saying its filing spoke for itself."

And THIS SOB should have been fired long ago...

Means nothing. Just ask a Democrat.

However...if an R POTUS did this to left wing groups, Ds and their media would be demanding impeachment and removal.

Hypocrites.
The POTUS had no connection, that's the only reason he's not being nailed for it.

Repubs had one dog and pony show after another investigating....researched from here to high heaven and could not find even a trace of evidence that what the irs chose to use as their parameters came from the Whitehouse or was directed by the president.
We may never know for sure that the president has no connection to it. The message from the president could have been sent to the appropriate person(s) with a wink and a nod. In otherwords, no trail. That being said, we can hold the president accountable for all the stonewalling going on with the investigation. The constant stonewalling of the investignition by the administration is one thing that makes me think that at minimum the president was happy with the IRS targeting conservitave groups but disappointed that they got caught.
Agreed. He also did nothing to stop the corruption. Did he fire anyone? Did his justice department prosecute anyone? No and no. Proof enough for me.

Lol, oh the irony !

This was not profiling.

Lol! I say "profiling " , that's not a good thing !!!

Apparently you righties like profiling so much that u are bending youselves into pretzel to avoid calling the IRS profilers , while still bashing them for it .

I get it . Profiling by the gov is cool so long as it targets brown faces . But if it targets conservative white folk.....GREATEST INJUSTICE EVER !!

This was not profiling.

Apparently you righties like profiling so much that u are bending youselves into pretzel to avoid calling the IRS profilers , while still bashing them for it .

I get it . Profiling by the gov is cool so long as it targets brown faces . But if it targets conservative white folk.....GREATEST INJUSTICE EVER !!

Why do you keep trying to dodge the real issue?

What issue are you talking about ?

Jesus Timmy....

Jesus Timmy....

You know you can just Answer the question. I thought we were talking about the issues .

Jesus Timmy....

You know you can just Answer the question. I thought we were talking about the issues .

Yeah...and the issue is Barry's government used the IRS to target conservatives that were a threat to his reelection.

Jesus Timmy....

Yeah...and the issue is Barry's government used the IRS to target conservatives that were a threat to his reelection.

Let's take that silly statement as true . How do figure since no tea party groups were also targeted ? Why would he stifle tea party groups who end up splitting GOP votes ?

Jesus Timmy....

Let's take that silly statement as true . How do figure since no tea party groups were also targeted ? Why would he stifle tea party groups who end up splitting GOP votes ?

Why did the IRS apologize if they did nothing wrong?

Lol, oh the irony !

This was not profiling.

Do you realize just how damning it is for an American government body to suspect a group of criminal activity because it has the word "liberty" in its name? Liberty, the central idea on which this country was founded? That's just how far we have fallen, and you seem to think it is a defense. Odd.
Wasn't the issue on approval due to the fact that these groups were filing for the 501c PAC status for a CHARITY, which meant more than the majority of their money collected was to be used for Charity and not for political purposes?

by filing for their political PAC being a charity, then the wealthiest and establishment politico that donated to them, could then in turn also take a tax deduction for their full amount donated? and if these PACS were to file under the 501c PAC status for simply political PACS then the donations of the big donors would not be a tax deduction?

This was not profiling.

Wasn't the issue on approval due to the fact that these groups were filing for the 501c PAC status for a CHARITY, which meant more than the majority of their money collected was to be used for Charity and not for political purposes?

by filing for their political PAC being a charity, then the wealthiest and establishment politico that donated to them, could then in turn also take a tax deduction for their full amount donated? and if these PACS were to file under the 501c PAC status for simply political PACS then the donations of the big donors would not be a tax deduction?
Irrelevant when the IRS lied about doing it. If there really were only innocent actions, there would be no attempt to cover anything up. That's always the rule in politics, the cover up causes more trouble than the illicit behavior does in the first place.

Nobody turned down. Numbers explained by huge numbers of TP groups as TP just started. IRS non-partisan since Nixon's bs...
They did worse than turning deserving groups down. They kept them in limbo for years with ridiculous request after request.
If months are years. How bout taxing the rich their fair share so the IRS can do its job, dupe?

Jesus Timmy....

Why did the IRS apologize if they did nothing wrong?

According to a stupid headline in a controversy mad USA Today article? ANOTHER phony scandal just a reaction to a tidal wave of bs from the RW propaganda machine...

Forum List

Back