Iran Test Fires Nuclear Capable Missiles in Violation of UN Resolution

Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Thanks, Obama.
Sternly worded letter will be mailed next week.

By launching nuclear-capable missiles Iran has defied a United Nations Security Council resolution that endorsed last year’s historic nuclear deal, the United States and its European allies said in a joint letter seen by Reuters on Tuesday.

Iran’s recent ballistic tests involved missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons and were “inconsistent with” and “in defiance of” council resolution 2231, adopted last July, said the joint U.S., British, French, German letter to Spain’s U.N. Ambassador Roman Oyarzun Marchesi and U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon.

The letter said the missiles used in the recent launches were “inherently capable of delivering nuclear weapons.” It also asked that the Security Council discuss “appropriate responses” to Tehran’s failure to comply with its obligations and urged Ban to report back on Iranian missile work inconsistent with 2231.

Keep reading…

Thanks, Obama.

By launching nuclear-capable missiles Iran has defied a United Nations Security Council resolution that endorsed last year’s historic nuclear deal, the United States and its European allies said in a joint letter seen by Reuters on Tuesday.

Iran’s recent ballistic tests involved missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons and were “inconsistent with” and “in defiance of” council resolution 2231, adopted last July, said the joint U.S., British, French, German letter to Spain’s U.N. Ambassador Roman Oyarzun Marchesi and U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon.

The letter said the missiles used in the recent launches were “inherently capable of delivering nuclear weapons.” It also asked that the Security Council discuss “appropriate responses” to Tehran’s failure to comply with its obligations and urged Ban to report back on Iranian missile work inconsistent with 2231.

Keep reading…

They launched one in October

Thanks, Obama.

Keep reading…

They launched one in October
Who woulda thunk Iran had no intention of living to its agreements and Obama no intention of enforcing them?

Op either doesn't read his/her own links or is mendacious.

The four powers' carefully worded letter stopped short of calling the Iranian launches a "violation" of the resolution, which "calls upon" Iran to refrain for up to eight years from activity, including launches, related to ballistic missiles designed with the capability of delivering nuclear weapons.

Diplomats say key powers agree that request is not legally binding and cannot be enforced under Chapter 7 of the U.N. Charter, which deals with sanctions and authorization of military force. But Western nations, which view the language as a ban, say there is a political obligation on Iran to comply.
http://www.reuters.com

Doesn't much matter , with or without an agreement. They also do not have nuclear warheads that we know of, but if they are smart they would, Israel is so after them. When I listen to the GOP's debate as well, Cruz would rip the agreement up. Really aren't they foolish to trust in the US or Israel, they seen what happened to Iraq and Syria. Just saying. I really have doubts if Iran would use a nuclear weapon, but I do not doubt Israel would.

Doesn't much matter , with or without an agreement. They also do not have nuclear warheads that we know of, but if they are smart they would, Israel is so after them. When I listen to the GOP's debate as well, Cruz would rip the agreement up. Really aren't they foolish to trust in the US or Israel, they seen what happened to Iraq and Syria. Just saying. I really have doubts if Iran would use a nuclear weapon, but I do not doubt Israel would.
Good to hear the view from the Islamoapologist bigot.

Op either doesn't read his/her own links or is mendacious.

The four powers' carefully worded letter stopped short of calling the Iranian launches a "violation" of the resolution, which "calls upon" Iran to refrain for up to eight years from activity, including launches, related to ballistic missiles designed with the capability of delivering nuclear weapons.

Diplomats say key powers agree that request is not legally binding and cannot be enforced under Chapter 7 of the U.N. Charter, which deals with sanctions and authorization of military force. But Western nations, which view the language as a ban, say there is a political obligation on Iran to comply.
http://www.reuters.com
Please refrain from repeating UN gibberish.

I do not doubt that you would slit the throat of any four year old child in your neighborhood if you thought you could blame the murder on a jew.

what does "ISRAEL IS SO AFTER THEM ...." mean-----when was the last time Israel attacked Iran? To your delight-----Iranian shills---HEZBOLLAJ----- like to engage in OBSCENE TORTURE MURDER----of random jews as well as lots of other people---
like Bahais and even ethnic arabs in Iran-------no wonder Iranians so EXCITE YOU

when was the last time Israel attacked Iran?
It's too chicken, it would rather persuade the US to do its dirty work.

US military chief cautions against Israeli attack on Iran

20 February 2012

http://www.theguardian.com

Diplomatic traffic between Washington and Jerusalem has increased over recent weeks as Israel has agitated for tougher action against Iran, and the US has intensified efforts to persuade Israel against a military strike.

Last edited:
Thanks, Obama.

Keep reading…

Noooooo...say it aint so........they lied?.......nooooooooo!!!!!:crybaby:

Twit...Israel has "had them" for decades........Iran has stated their reason for getting nuclear weapons is to use them against Israel...and the United States.......

What is it with you lefty twits that when a vile, totalitarian regime says they are going to murder millions of people...you guys say...yeah...they don't mean it........until they start filling the mass graves...then you do your best to ignore those too.....

Israel will defend itself from the satan worshipers. Iran would be good to wipe off the face of the earth. Go Israel.

"Nuclear capable" in the sense it is being used, would preclude Iran from having any missile capable of launching communication, weather, surveillance or any peaceful space program.
Is this the true meaning of treaty?

Forum List

Back