Iowa Passes Six Weeks Abortion Ban

Agreed, zero abortion laws. We live in a free nation after all, not a repressive, regressive dictatorship.
We live in a humane nation where laws protect the innocent.

And do you live in Iowa? If not, let the Iowans vote for what they want. If they don’t like the new law, they can vote out the officials who passed it.

Agreed, zero abortion laws. We live in a free nation after all, not a repressive, regressive dictatorship.
Lol, no silly, abortion bans from conception, total abolition of this horrible human rights abuse that only subhuman trash like yourself support.

If we're going to arbitrarily limit personhood, I choose you to lose it over innocent unborn kids; please report to the abortion truck.

We live in a humane nation where laws protect the innocent.

And do you live in Iowa? If not, let the Iowans vote for what they want. If they don’t like the new law, they can vote out the officials who passed it.
I live across the river in Nebraska, we are having the same problems dealing with activist republicans wanted to create hell on earth. We've already got an amendment going to stop them once and for all. America, above all nations, needs to remain free.

Lol, no silly, abortion bans from conception, total abolition of this horrible human rights abuse that only subhuman trash like yourself support.

If we're going to arbitrarily limit personhood, I choose you to lose it over innocent unborn kids; please report to the abortion truck.
No child was ever aborted. Wake up already.

How is it “forcing a woman to give birth” when the SCOTUS did not prohibit abortions and around half the states have pretty lenient abortion laws?
They are terribly worried that losing any leftist liberal allowance, will then spiral into a slippery slope that attack's everything else they've been up too over the years. This is why they are so bad at this argument, because they don't know shite about it really. It's all political with these hack's, so take it with a grain of salt.

Iowa Republicans pass a new 6-week abortion ban. Exemptions for rape, life of the mother, and fetal abnormalities. However the rape must have been reported to police within 45 days.​

I disagree. From what I've heard, six weeks is rather tight timing and many women don't even know they might be pregnant until most of that is already used up! Think about it, your first indication is probably being late for your period and that is already four weeks--- or more if you think you are just running late. That leaves almost no time to get the abortion. I would have been happier with something in the 10-16 week time frame. And that leaves time to get a little counseling to maybe be convinced to keep the child.

Likewise with the rape. Great that they have the necessary exemptions, but if rape et al is an exception, why impose the stupid 45 day time limit? These are very troubling times for a woman, she has been profoundly violated, and it may take longer than that for her to even come around to even being willing to report it. All this does is make it even harder for a person who is literally suffering shock, horror and shame.

I disagree. From what I've heard, six weeks is rather tight timing and many women don't even know they might be pregnant until most of that is already used up! Think about it, your first indication is probably being late for your period and that is already four weeks--- or more if you think you are just running late. That leaves almost no time to get the abortion. I would have been happier with something in the 10-16 week time frame. And that leaves time to get a little counseling to maybe be convinced to keep the child.

Likewise with the rape. Great that they have the necessary exemptions, but if rape et al is an exception, why impose the stupid 45 day time limit? These are very troubling times for a woman, she has been profoundly violated, and it may take longer than that for her to even come around to even being willing to report it. All this does is make it even harder for a person who is literally suffering shock, horror and shame.
When you miss your period, you are 2 weeks pregnant - not 4. Ovulation is at mid-cycle.

Granted, it’s tight, but from the missed period, you still have four weeks. Let’s say three weeks to allow an entire week late. It’s still doable, but if not, she can go to another state for the procedure. Plenty of people go to other states for all sorts of medical stuff.

I'm not the one supporting hate laws
You’re a man. I guess you like the idea that you can talk your woman into killing her unborn baby so you won’t get stuck with 18 years of child support.

If you're using birth control appropriately the chances of you being pregnant are very very small. The pill is 99.7% effective. Add in a condom and not having sex when you know you're actually able to get pregnant (please dont tell me women dont know these things, if they dont it's because they are trying to not know) and that chance drops to the point where it's essentially a miracle if you get pregnant. Now if you decide to have unprotected sex, take a fucking pregnancy test. If you take it 10 days after you've had unprotected sex and you're pregnant it will be positive. That gives you 30+ days to decide whether or not to kill your unborn child.

But I know that's probably asking too much.

When you miss your period, you are 2 weeks pregnant - not 4. Ovulation is at mid-cycle.

Granted, it’s tight, but from the missed period, you still have four weeks. Let’s say three weeks to allow an entire week late. It’s still doable, but if not, she can go to another state for the procedure. Plenty of people go to other states for all sorts of medical stuff.
No big deal unless you're alone and poor. Some of these women are very much so in that boat.

If you're using birth control appropriately the chances of you being pregnant are very very small. The pill is 99.7% effective. Add in a condom and not having sex when you know you're actually able to get pregnant (please dont tell me women dont know these things, if they dont it's because they are trying to not know) and that chance drops to the point where it's essentially a miracle if you get pregnant. Now if you decide to have unprotected sex, take a fucking pregnancy test. If you take it 10 days after you've had unprotected sex and you're pregnant it will be positive. That gives you 30+ days to decide whether or not to kill your unborn child.

But I know that's probably asking too much.
Yes, that law asks too much. In the first place abortion laws are punitive and regressive. If they really wanted to help, the state would set up crisis centers where women could be tested immediately and given the abortion pills to keep in compliance.

Last edited:
Yes, that law asks too much. In the first place abortion laws are punitive and regressive. If they really wanted to help, the state would set up crisis centers where women could be tested immediately and given the abortion pills to keep in compliance.

LOL. A pregnancy test costs 4 bucks at Walmart

If you can't scrounge up 4 bucks for a pregnancy test maybe you shouldn't be having unprotected sex. Most people have 4 dollars in change in the cup holder of their car or in their couch. Go work one day at Taco Bell (they pay the same day you work now)

The state, using our taxpayer dollars, to just murder kids? Helpful? You call that helping?

Fuck you to death, buddy.

LOL. A pregnancy test costs 4 bucks at Walmart

If you can't scrounge up 4 bucks for a pregnancy test maybe you shouldn't be having unprotected sex. Most people have 4 dollars in change in the cup holder of their car or in their couch. Go work one day at Taco Bell (they pay the same day you work now)
You are the type of people who create problems for the rest of us. Thanks for nothing.

You are the type of people who create problems for the rest of us. Thanks for nothing.
How am I creating a problem? The only woman I’ve ever gotten pregnant is my wife. I have supported and raised both my children. My oldest was the valedictorian of his class. He just graduated college with zero debt, and is working for the business I own. My youngest has a 4.0 as a rising senior is a 3 year varsity starter in 2 sports.

We have also supported and raised 4 foster children. We are currently supporting and helping raise our niece who was born to my wife’s 16 year old niece,

I don’t cause problems. I solve them.

Forum List

Back