Interracial relationships

Interracial relationships

• Total voters

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
So....are you one of those folks that think race should stick to race or is it ok (in your opinion) for mixing of the races?

Thought I'd ask cuz I was chatting with my friend and she said she gets more flack from blacks than she does whites when they are out to dinner or going to a movie (she is white..he is black). Personally, I think it's pretty sad that folks see skin color instead of two people who love each other. And....mixed babies are gorgeous!

This question pertains to black with white, asian with black or white, hispanic with black or white or asian and all vice versa.

Your opinions are...........?

My friend said the women are the worse. Black women. She said they roll their eyes a lot, or flat out are rude and ask him in front of her why he doesn't want chocolate instead of a pasty snail. (She is blonde and scandanavian...so very pale).

My friend said the women are the worse. Black women. She said they roll their eyes a lot, or flat out are rude and ask him in front of her why he doesn't want chocolate instead of a pasty snail. (She is blonde and scandanavian...so very pale).

I've heard that before. I don't see why it should matter at all. If you are like and are attracted to a person, that's all that should count IMO, barring other important factors of course, skin color not being one of them.

I dated hispanics, blacks, native americans when I was younger. And then eventually did marry a native american. Never got to date an asian guy though. They usually stick to their own race anyway. At least, the ones I knew. I had asian friends, yes. But dating? None ever showed an interest in asking me, sad to say.

So....are you one of those folks that think race should stick to race or is it ok (in your opinion) for mixing of the races?

Thought I'd ask cuz I was chatting with my friend and she said she gets more flack from blacks than she does whites when they are out to dinner or going to a movie (she is white..he is black). Personally, I think it's pretty sad that folks see skin color instead of two people who love each other. And....mixed babies are gorgeous!

This question pertains to black with white, asian with black or white, hispanic with black or white or asian and all vice versa.

I've been in two long term relationships with black men and one long term relationship with an Asian man. Rarely if ever had any problems with anyone, especially not in more recent times. In the early 70s I was living with a black man in a medium size town in Oregon. A co-worker was giving me a ride to work. When she found out I lived with a black man, she said she couldn't do it anymore because her husband didn't approve. Another time, with same guy and same town, we called about a house to rent. When we went to look at it, the owner saw we were a mixed race couple and immediately told us the house had been rented though we'd only spoken to her on the phone an hour earlier. But that was over 40 years ago. In my experience, since then, I have gotten no bad reactions from anyone. I've dated Asians, blacks, Native Americans, Hispanics and guys of European extraction. Has never been a problem. Anyone who even suggests they have an issue, I just ignore anyway. Idiots.

Last edited:
I dated hispanics, blacks, native americans when I was younger. And then eventually did marry a native american. Never got to date an asian guy though. They usually stick to their own race anyway. At least, the ones I knew. I had asian friends, yes. But dating? None ever showed an interest in asking me, sad to say.

I grew up in a pretty small town without a lot of minorities, and I've never dated outside of my own race, but if I met a guy I was attracted to and liked, I would date him no matter what his race was. You know, I've always thought Denzel Washington was kind of cute. :lol:

I have another friend that used to be a tenant many years ago in Oxnard when I had property there. He was married, and so was I, but I was attracted to him BIG time. I told him often that he looked like Eddie Murphy..and he always quipped that no...Eddie looked like HIM. :lol:

He moved to Cleveland many years ago after they got a divorce and I lost track of him but a few years ago, he began the hunt and found me. I was stoked. I think he knew I was attracted to him but with us both being married...well....just not cool. But when we talked on the phone for the first time in many years, I told him I thought eventually we would be two old coots and maybe get together, lol. He said that would be fine with him ;). However, Hubby and I remarried and my old friend met up with a nice gal and they got hitched. So...we are back to where we were when we first met. :)

As long as its not for the wrong reasons I dont care.

Not sure what the 'wrong' reason would be.

For me it's simple: I am attracted to men with olive or darker skin tone, brown eyes, etc. I think Asian men are often very attractive and have been in two relationships with Chinese men. All men who are dark complexioned and have dark eyes are more attractive to me. But I've also been involved with 'white' guys too. It's the man more than anything else.

I think Denzel Washington is very attractive, but one of the most attractive things about him is that he has been married to the same woman for about 30 years. I think he is a quality man. It’s character that tops the list of what is attractive to me.

I grew up in a pretty small town without a lot of minorities, and I've never dated outside of my own race, but if I met a guy I was attracted to and liked, I would date him no matter what his race was. You know, I've always thought Denzel Washington was kind of cute. :lol:

Denzel is awesome. He could park his shoes under my bed any time. Oh. Wait. I ain't young any more so..never mind. I just consider him eye candy now. :lol:

olive or darker skin tone, brown eyes

Ha Ha!!! This reminds me of when R came to live with us when he got out of prison and after marrying J. I hadn't met him yet but knew much about him via her talking about him. So when he was finally released, she went and got him in hubbys truck and brough him home. When he got here, she whispered to me "you know how they work out in prison. Wait til you see him with his shirt off. CHOCOLATE smooth candy!". So being me...soon as he got in and settled, I went and told him I wanted to see his abs...and he pulled his shirt up. Wowza. Smooth, soft, velvety brown skin and abs galore. I was almost jealous of her, lol.

As long as its not for the wrong reasons I dont care.

Not sure what the 'wrong' reason would be.

For me it's simple: I am attracted to men with olive or darker skin tone, brown eyes, etc. I think Asian men are often very attractive and have been in two relationships with Chinese men. All men who are dark complexioned and have dark eyes are more attractive to me. But I've also been involved with 'white' guys too. It's the man more than anything else.

I think Denzel Washington is very attractive, but one of the most attractive things about him is that he has been married to the same woman for about 30 years. I think he is a quality man. It’s character that tops the list of what is attractive to me.

My eldest daughters mother told me that she wanted a mixed baby after she got pregnant a month after I met her. I was too dumb at the time to wear protection and believed her about being on birth control so my fault. I think thats a terrible excuse to get into a relationship. We broke up 2 years later.

I also worked with a Black guy that would only date white women because he didnt want his child to come out too black. :lol: He got married to a white woman that cheated on him with the neighbor and told him the child was his.

I've had sex with girls from a lot of countries, on two continents.
Chinese, English, German, French, one American, a few from Hong Kong, Malaysian, Indonesian, Pakistani, a couple of African countries I don't recall, and I really tried (but epically failed) with a few Israeli girls. That's just a selection.
Skin colour, race, religion - who gives a shit?
You'd have to be daft to care.

Many seem to care, unfortunately. I remember when I was younger....one of the couples that lived in an apartment next to mine was interracial. She was white..he black. They got a lot of grief from both blacks and whites. This was back in the early 80's.

Last week I was out for a stroll, having a smoke and watching the world go by. The usual things catch my eye when I'm out and about. How clean is the neighborhood, the colors in the shop windows, kids playing, flowers, trees...That day what really wowed me, actually made me stop and gawk (in secret of course) was a couple (he was white, she had that Middle Eastern beauty that Iranian women sometimes sparkle with). What struck me though was how genuinely happy they seemed. Hand in hand, laughing out loud at each others jokes, almost a dance to their step. The sight of it reminded me of what it was like to be young and in love. I was thankful for the memory and jealous at the same time I guess.

Loads of my mates are in mixed relationships.
Out here, it's mostly European/British/American/Australians with Indonesians, but in the UK, it was black or Indian/Pakistani or Chinese with white.
One Malaysian (Chinese family) girl ended up married to a Turkish bloke - they have two kids now.
I spoke to her a few months ago, they seem very happy.

In reality, mixed marriages are no problem at all, except when interfered in by racist morons.

What struck me though was how genuinely happy they seemed. Hand in hand, laughing out loud at each others jokes, almost a dance to their step.

How do you strike a balance between happiness in the moment and heartache from divorce and family destruction in the future?

Couples who marry with a partner outside of religion, outside of culture and outside of race tend to have higher divorce risk.

No one gets married believing that they're going to get a divorce and yet it happens.

How much should that higher risk factor into decisions in the present.

Most people can drive safely without using a seatbelt but we know that seatbelts prevent serious injury and death in the unlikely event of a car accident. People whether by choice or law, modify their behavior in the present to minimize risk in the future.

What's different with relationships? Is it because reason and romance cannot coexist? Is it because the heart overrules the brain?

Forum List

Back