Instead of Demanding Student Loan Forgiveness, Why Don't Liberals Demand Price Controls on College Tuition?

No, I'm kind of experienced. I seen our customers pack up and leave the state or country because they couldn't compete having unions. Their choice was move or join their employees in the unemployment line.

Well, they leave your state because it's a fucking shithole. You really need to see what the rest of the country looks like.

In 1985 at the beginning of Reagan's second term, we imported 3 billion dollars of goods. In 2000, the US imported 81 billion in goods. The last year of Hussein, we were up to 539 billion. It dropped a little after that when Trump came to office and started to work on better trade agreements with our trading partners. Now mind you, this is just imports from China, not India, Vietnam, South Korea, none of them. Just China.

Um, that's not true, either.

As a percentage of GDP, imports were 10% of the economy in 1985, and it peaked at 17% in 2008. Despite a short dip in 2009, it was at 17.26 in 2011, but it has been declining ever since. Not much to do with Trump and his half-ass screwing with trade deals. It was down to 14.64% in 2016. Actually climbed in 2017 and 2018 to getting down to 14.58% in 2019.

2020 numbers should be interesting, It'll probably drop due to TRUMP PLAGUE, and he'll call that an accomplishment, and all you drooling MAGAts will call it an accomplishment.

Traffic signs are written in English. If a sign says enter I-271 south from middle lane, WTF kind of symbol do they put up? Don't be stupid. You need to be able to read ALL signs on the road to do it safely. Trust me, you're talking to an expert.

I'm sure you're brilliant at driving in a straight line. Today we have these things called "GPS", grandpa... Tells drivers exactly where they need to go.

The US had the least GDP damage of all G7 countries. Trump did the best job anybody could possibly do with our economy given the Chinese attack on the world.

The Chinese didn't attack anyone... and we had more DEATHS than any country in the world thanks to Trump's incompetence.

What the fuck is this Republican disease that you guys spend so much time fretting over rich people's issues.
"Well, Granny died, but Daddy Warbucks was still able to buy a new dressage horse this year!"

He's letting diseased and Covid immigrants into the country untested, and busing them from cost to coast all across our country. It's not like anybody is surprised. We've been telling you clowns he was going to do this for the past six months! Did you listen? No, because liberals always think they know better than everybody else.

I'm happy we are dealing with immigrants and refugees humanely... but that's because I actually have a heart.

As for the economic damage we did suffer, that was from commie cities and states that closed every damn thing down. Trump didn't do that, the commies did.

They had to, because TRUMP PLAGUE was so deadly and he didn't do what every other nation did, shut everything down for a couple weeks to contain it.

They had to, because TRUMP PLAGUE was so deadly and he didn't do what every other nation did, shut everything down for a couple weeks to contain it.

It seems rather divisive and racist to blame the Chinese Kung Flu on the millions of little Trumpsters, particularly considering the fact that Trumpsters are overwhelmingly of the Honky Persuasion, Judeo-Christian and of Normative Sexuality.

Its almost like you are a bigot or something.

BTW, even if you name something for someone, that doesn't mean they are guilty of it. Justinian wasn't at fault for the Plague of Justinian.

I'm happy we are dealing with immigrants and refugees humanely... but that's because I actually have a heart.

Yep, just like the tin man, you have a heart, but without the wizard providing you a brain to go along with it, your heart will continue to lead you down the impractical path toward a Utopia which doesn’t actually exist.

It seems rather divisive and racist to blame the Chinese Kung Flu on the millions of little Trumpsters, particularly considering the fact that Trumpsters are overwhelmingly of the Honky Persuasion, Judeo-Christian and of Normative Sexuality.

BTW, even if you name something for someone, that doesn't mean they are guilty of it. Justinian wasn't at fault for the Plague of Justinian.

Did Justinian have an understanding of how plagues worked, knew what the virus was and how to prevent it's spread, but didn't do any of those things, then yeah.

The problem was Trump Called it a hoax and made mask wearing a cultural issue, which it never should have been.

Yep, just like the tin man, you have a heart, but without the wizard providing you a brain to go along with it, your heart will continue to lead you down the impractical path toward a Utopia which doesn’t actually exist.

Um, I'd be happy to go back to a day when we welcomed immigrants and took care of working people. It wasn't utopia. It was America before Republicans fucked it up.

My dad was an immigrant. He came over here as a child at a time when immigrants from Germany weren't particularly popular. As an aside, my family has pronounced our family name to sound more American since we got here.

My Trumpster Brothers don't realize the irony of their immigrant hate.

Did Justinian have an understanding of how plagues worked, knew what the virus was and how to prevent it's spread, but didn't do any of those things, then yeah.

The problem was Trump Called it a hoax and made mask wearing a cultural issue, which it never should have been.

Liberal Political Hacks like Fredo Cuomo pushed the mandatory mask dictates hard in places like New York where the strategy FAILED. More people died of Corona in NYC than anywhere.

Um, I'd be happy to go back to a day when we welcomed immigrants and took care of working people. It wasn't utopia. It was America before Republicans fucked it up.

My dad was an immigrant. He came over here as a child at a time when immigrants from Germany weren't particularly popular. As an aside, my family has pronounced our family name to sound more American since we got here.

My Trumpster Brothers don't realize the irony of their immigrant hate.

I don’t hate immigrants. My wife and her family are immigrants. They did it the right way and funny, they are solidly Republican. The only ONE person in their entire extended family that is a Democrat was, just by chance of course, a member of the Communist Party in their country. He was in the ruling class, the others were not. He loves the Democrats, just by chance of course, because he has these unfounded dreams that he would be in that class when the Democrat’s plans come to full fruition. He isn’t the smartest one. He is the black sheep of sorts but very entertaining to have around when politics come up at family events. His arguments, like all Democrats, are born of of pure ignorance.

Liberal Political Hacks like Fredo Cuomo pushed the mandatory mask dictates hard in places like New York where the strategy FAILED. More people died of Corona in NYC than anywhere.

yes, that was the first place it hit... that's why people died there. I guess if you live in some isolated part of Jesus land, having slightly less deaths is something to be proud of?

I don’t hate immigrants. My wife and her family are immigrants. They did it the right way and funny, they are solidly Republican.

So what? Missed my point entirely.

So what? Missed my point entirely.

I didn’t miss your point. Did you dad sneak in to the country illegally? Did he work or wait on a government handout? Did he expect “free” healthcare when he got here or just the opportunity to succeed, which is CLEARLY still available for those willing to work for it.

Goddam right they are measured differently. What are the consequences if professor doesn’t hit or exceed the standard? If they are tenured, little or nothing happens. Bob is most likely looking for another job. Real world vs. the coddle culture in Big Academia.

Uh, guy, do you know how many marginal workers there are out there who still have jobs? Come on, get real.

To get to the point of being tenured, a professor has to be exemplary in his field, achieve a Ph.D. or some other doctoral level education, and be there for years.

For a job that pays an average of $63,000 a year.

Please provide the data that backs up your claim on “marginal workers that still have jobs”. Perhaps you are referring to government jobs where it takes an act of God to terminate someone for not meeting performance standards. Back to the topic of tenure in academia, I realize you don’t get that immediately but the fact that one can eventually get tenure vs. the rest of the real world proves my point that the American college student and families are being exploited to go into debt for bloat.

I didn’t miss your point. Did you dad sneak in to the country illegally? Did he work or wait on a government handout? Did he expect “free” healthcare when he got here or just the opportunity to succeed, which is CLEARLY still available for those willing to work for it.

Well, let's look at my Dad.

He came here during in 1925 when he was born, so we have to discuss my grandparents, Ludwig and Magdelena... Who started calling themselves Louis and Helen because they didn't want people to think they were German.

When the Great Depression broke out, they considered going back to Germany, but they were all losing their minds with their version of Trump. I think his name was Shitler, Titler, something like that. So he stayed in America, and yes, there were a bunch of government programs to help people get by into WWII broke out.

When Dad was 18, he was drafted. Went to Europe, from Normandy to VE Day. Came back. Took advantage of veteran's programs and joined a union! Wow. Which means because we HAD unions, he was able to raise a family with a middle class lifestyle. Even bought some vacation property in Wisconsin... because that's what you could do when you used to had a middle class. He got a lot of work on government projects, because back in those days, we actually invested in infrastructure.

All paid for because the rich weren't allowed to control all the wealth, and paid their fair share. Imagine that.

Here's the thing. People coming here are more than willing to work, and they are willing to do the shitty jobs Americans don't want to do.

The last thing the One Percenters want is for these people to leave. They don't want to pay Cleetus the Redneck three times as much to do half as good of a job. They just want to keep people angry at them to keep them voting for more of the same.

Please provide the data that backs up your claim on “marginal workers that still have jobs”. Perhaps you are referring to government jobs where it takes an act of God to terminate someone for not meeting performance standards.

Nope, I'm referring to just about any job I've worked, where you had that underperformer who wasn't enough of a fuckup to get fired, but not lighting the world on fire, either.

Back to the topic of tenure in academia, I realize you don’t get that immediately but the fact that one can eventually get tenure vs. the rest of the real world proves my point that the American college student and families are being exploited to go into debt for bloat.

Tenure has nothing to do with why college costs so much.

It's simple SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

There aren't enough professors, classrooms, dorms to hold handle them all. So they have to raise prices to build, build, build. And people happily pay it, because you can't get a decent job without a college degree.

Please provide the data that backs up your claim on “marginal workers that still have jobs”. Perhaps you are referring to government jobs where it takes an act of God to terminate someone for not meeting performance standards.

Nope, I'm referring to just about any job I've worked, where you had that underperformer who wasn't enough of a fuckup to get fired, but not lighting the world on fire, either.

Back to the topic of tenure in academia, I realize you don’t get that immediately but the fact that one can eventually get tenure vs. the rest of the real world proves my point that the American college student and families are being exploited to go into debt for bloat.

Tenure has nothing to do with why college costs so much.

It's simple SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

There aren't enough professors, classrooms, dorms to hold handle them all. So they have to raise prices to build, build, build. And people happily pay it, because you can't get a decent job without a college degree.

All the more reason not to take on egregious debt to attend a private college in another time zone concentrating in a Major that won’t yield salary to pay off such a large debt. Concentrate in a field of study that pays well and keep debt low by attending state and local colleges.... Harvard be damned.

Correct. But as we all know, Democrats are born liars. They are the blame America first crowd.

The Chinese virus that sent the world economy down the tubes was not China's fault, it was Trump's fault that America got hit as well. Never blame the Communists. Those are the good people. Americans are the bad people.

All the more reason not to take on egregious debt to attend a private college in another time zone concentrating in a Major that won’t yield salary to pay off such a large debt. Concentrate in a field of study that pays well and keep debt low by attending state and local colleges.... Harvard be damned.

uh, yeah, you realize that having a Harvard degree opens up all sorts of doors to the big time salaries, right?

How many Harvard grads in Congress.

Eight presidents graduated from Harvard.

Totally worth it if you can get it.

Correct. But as we all know, Democrats are born liars. They are the blame America first crowd.

The Chinese virus that sent the world economy down the tubes was not China's fault, it was Trump's fault that America got hit as well. Never blame the Communists. Those are the good people. Americans are the bad people.

The only thing the Chinese did wrong is they didn't tell the world they had a problem earlier...

Trump, on the other hand, called it a hoax, held super-spreader events, undermined Dr. Fauci and Dr. Brix at every turn, told people to drink bleach, ridiculed people who wore masks, didn't have a vaccine distribution program, well, the list can do on and on.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA

uh, yeah, you realize that having a Harvard degree opens up all sorts of doors to the big time salaries, right?

How many Harvard grads in Congress.

Eight presidents graduated from Harvard.

Totally worth it if you can get it.

My shot at Harvard was more of the mentality and not necessarily the institution. Case in point: 18 year old middle class living in Southern California. Family has saved a little but not enough and will rely on loans. How much sense does it make for the student to assume debt to attend a small private college in New England and concentrate in a field of study for which there is little or no job market? Then, you are going to ask a Taxpayer who has never gone to college or - a Taxpayer that kept debt low by attending local colleges - to pick up tab on this entitled brat from SoCal who racked up debt to attend a private college in New England?

Good luck selling that to the US Taxpayer.

Well, they leave your state because it's a fucking shithole. You really need to see what the rest of the country looks like.

It's been going on for decades all over the country. Where have you been hiding? People and businesses are staying in our state. They are leaving real shitholes like CA and NY in droves because the commies have such high taxation thus making the cost of living so high. The ONLY reason companies left our state in the past was because of these criminal unions--not our state or leadership.

Um, that's not true, either.

It's true, and if you had the guts to look at the unbiased link I posted, you'd see that.

As a percentage of GDP, imports were 10% of the economy in 1985, and it peaked at 17% in 2008. Despite a short dip in 2009, it was at 17.26 in 2011, but it has been declining ever since. Not much to do with Trump and his half-ass screwing with trade deals. It was down to 14.64% in 2016. Actually climbed in 2017 and 2018 to getting down to 14.58% in 2019.

2020 numbers should be interesting, It'll probably drop due to TRUMP PLAGUE, and he'll call that an accomplishment, and all you drooling MAGAts will call it an accomplishment

GDP has nothing to do with the rapid increase of cheap foreign made products that Americans buy. It's been steadily increasing the past few decades right up to the point Trump took over and demanded better trade policies. Now that the Communists are in charge, all that will be out the window and it's going to go on the upswing once again.

I'm sure you're brilliant at driving in a straight line. Today we have these things called "GPS", grandpa... Tells drivers exactly where they need to go.

When they work. Trust me, I've used those before. At times they don't tell you what lane to shift in until the last couple hundred feet, which is almost impossible to do pulling a 53' trailer unless there is no traffic around, which is why those stupid foreigners make dangerous lane changes last minute almost killing people. Any professional will tell you never to fully trust those things because they are faulty. A help? Yes, but not fully reliable. Again, you need to read our English signs to make sure you know what lane to be in.

The Chinese didn't attack anyone... and we had more DEATHS than any country in the world thanks to Trump's incompetence.

What the fuck is this Republican disease that you guys spend so much time fretting over rich people's issues.
"Well, Granny died, but Daddy Warbucks was still able to buy a new dressage horse this year!"

We only had the most deaths because we are a country of 340 million people, and if you die from anything like a serious car accident, they mark it as a Covid death. Per capita, we rank 9th in Covid deaths, and again, our stats are as phony as a three dollar bill. Trust me, I seen it happen in my very own family.

Yeah, your heart is fine seeing people come here making our people ill or sending them to their graves. That's not having a heart, that's being a traitor, also lending credence to my signature.

They estimate that 80% of the female children and adults are raped along the way thanks to Biden giving them the green light to come here. Under Trump, they stopped making the trip because they knew they would never get into our country with phony asylum claims.

Now that they are coming, the adults will be taking jobs away from Americans, and suppressing the wages of Americans who are working.

So much for your big heart.

BS. Cities and states ran by real Americans didn't need to do any of that. A US President has no authority to shut anything down.

My shot at Harvard was more of the mentality and not necessarily the institution. Case in point: 18 year old middle class living in Southern California. Family has saved a little but not enough and will rely on loans. How much sense does it make for the student to assume debt to attend a small private college in New England and concentrate in a field of study for which there is little or no job market? Then, you are going to ask a Taxpayer who has never gone to college or - a Taxpayer that kept debt low by attending local colleges - to pick up tab on this entitled brat from SoCal who racked up debt to attend a private college in New England?

Good luck selling that to the US Taxpayer.

The US Taxpayer would be fine with it.

Here's the ugly truth... people love government programs, they just don't like paying for them.

How about stopping all this foreign shit from coming here to go to college and running up the cost of education?

Forum List

Back