Injuries Torpedo the Browns: Watson out for the season

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
A promising team that appears to be SOL. Watson has a broken shoulder and his season is done. Chubb is out for the year. 2 starting offensive linemen are out. We have an elite D, but even elite defenses can be gashed if they are on the field for much of the game. I’m an optimist, and you take it a game at a time, but it seems like we just can’t catch a “break”

A promising team that appears to be SOL. Watson has a broken shoulder and his season is done. Chubb is out for the year. 2 starting offensive linemen are out. We have an elite D, but even elite defenses can be gashed if they are on the field for much of the game. I’m an optimist, and you take it a game at a time, but it seems like we just can’t catch a “break”

Brown is as Brown does. This is great news for the stumbling Steelers who play Cleveland this Sunday then the AFC North Bengals the Sunday after! The Bengals have all but eliminated themselves from the playoff picture but a Steeler win against the Browns or both these next two weeks would put the Black and Gold on a great track to win the division as they've already beaten the Ravens once!

Brown is as Brown does. This is great news for the stumbling Steelers who play Cleveland this Sunday then the AFC North Bengals the Sunday after! The Bengals have all but eliminated themselves from the playoff picture but a Steeler win against the Browns or both these next two weeks would put the Black and Gold on a great track to win the division as they've already beaten the Ravens once!
Our Backup Walker has played okay.. but in the NFL if you want to be elite you need a QB who has the ability to take on and win a game. Even if Walker game-manages with an elite D, the list of Super Bowl winners to do that is basically early Tom Brady, Brad Johnson, and Trent Dilfer.

Our Backup Walker has played okay.. but in the NFL if you want to be elite you need a QB who has the ability to take on and win a game. Even if Walker game-manages with an elite D, the list of Super Bowl winners to do that is basically early Tom Brady, Brad Johnson, and Trent Dilfer.

I'm not familiar with PJ but he is the 36th QB the Browns have hired in the past 24 years.

With the Steeler's luck, he will turn out to be gangbusters.

Pittsburgh's QB Pickett isn't exactly anything to write home about neither.

Oh, the ecstasy of being a Browns fan. Life time of that sort of thing. Have not heard Watson is out for season. Would not surprise me though. Seems about par for the course.. Rough year here on the lake. Worst walleye catch in years. Record number of charter cancelations this year due to wave size. Duck hunting sucks so far this year. Had a good couple of weeks of goose season to start. Then no bird's. Have not taken a deer yet. I was kinda hoping ye old Browns would soften the blows that seem to keep coming. Oh well.

The Texans sure came out smelling like a rose in the deal.
And the Factory of sadness lives on......

The Houston Texans drafted a quality QB in CJ Stroud.
Yeah they did.
Never in a million years would I have thought the Texans would win this big in the draft!!
Thank God for Demeco Ryans,the players have totally bought in on his plan for the team and it shows.
Wouldnt surprise me in the least if Demeco gets coach of the year.

The Houston Texans drafted a quality QB in CJ Stroud.
Very easy to say who anyone should have drafted after they fail/succeed in the NFL.

The Browns took Baker Mayfield 1st overall years ago, the next 2 QB’s taken were Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen.. then 4th was Josh Allen and the 5th QB Lamar Jackson.

You never know how it will play out, and you’ll likely get it wrong

Very easy to say who anyone should have drafted after they fail/succeed in the NFL.

The Browns took Baker Mayfield 1st overall years ago, the next 2 QB’s taken were Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen.. then 4th was Josh Allen and the 5th QB Lamar Jackson.

You never know how it will play out, and you’ll likely get it wrong
I rated Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen as the two best QBs in that draft.

? He has 1 TD, 5 picks and 3 lost fumbles. The defense has been amazing Which ans covered that up

The biggest kick in the teeth for Cleveland is Watson‘s 230 million dollar fully guaranteed contract paid little money his first year and was restructured this year to reduce the cap hit so they could go all in to try and win a SB. That ends next year when his cap hit is 64 million for the next 3 years…..

Which means they will have more than 1/4 of their cap tied up in one guy….

The biggest kick in the teeth for Cleveland is Watson‘s 230 million dollar fully guaranteed contract paid little money his first year and was restructured this year to reduce the cap hit so they could go all in to try and win a SB. That ends next year when his cap hit is 64 million for the next 3 years…..

Which means they will have more than 1/4 of their cap tied up in one guy….
Watson will be healthy next year. He may have to change how he plays as to reduce injuries. Cleveland will most likely restructure his contract if they can. Frankly, the last three years including this one is enough. It is time for him to earn it.

Watson will be healthy next year. He may have to change how he plays as to reduce injuries. Cleveland will most likely restructure his contract if they can. Frankly, the last three years including this one is enough. It is time for him to earn it.
They just restructured it this year. At some point you have to take your medicine and payout the 230 million. They’ve already kicked the can down the road to the point where his cap hit is untenable as it is, restructuring it again would only make that worse. And why do you assume he will be healthy next year? Because he will be a year older? He hasn’t played a full season of football since 2020 and he hasn’t played winning football since 2019. He likely will never be as good as he was in 19 and 20. So the Browns will be paying the biggest cap hit in league history to a player no where near worth that kind of cash. Not to mention the draft capital they gave up for the privilege of doing so. 3 1sts a 3rd and a 4th. The Browns have to give their 1st and 4th to the Texans in the upcoming draft.

Forum List

Back