Deshaun Watson 2 game update from a Browns Fan

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
Watson has been so-so thus far after 2 games as a Cleveland Brown, which isn't surprising. You can watch film, practice for weeks, and try to simulate a game as much as you want, you need real in-game experience to get back your game.

In his return against the Texans when the Browns won 27-14, he had 2-3 underthrown balls filled with rust. In both games he threw an interception when attempting to go for too much or launching a second late. He's missed open receivers for big plays here and there, especially a few in the Browns 10-23 loss to the Bengals.

However, he's thrown 5-7 rockets that pass the eyeball test as semi-elite to elite. He's displayed clearly better pocket presence and mobility to avoid sacks than Brissett or Mayfield previous to him.

I think working out the kinks and getting his in-game reps this year could give the opportunity to return to his top 5 status in the ranks of NFL QB's. Let's hope he keeps developing after so much time off, as the Browns have mortgaged away their future to win a Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years.

Watson has been so-so thus far after 2 games as a Cleveland Brown, which isn't surprising. You can watch film, practice for weeks, and try to simulate a game as much as you want, you need real in-game experience to get back your game.

In his return against the Texans when the Browns won 27-14, he had 2-3 underthrown balls filled with rust. In both games he threw an interception when attempting to go for too much or launching a second late. He's missed open receivers for big plays here and there, especially a few in the Browns 10-23 loss to the Bengals.

However, he's thrown 5-7 rockets that pass the eyeball test as semi-elite to elite. He's displayed clearly better pocket presence and mobility to avoid sacks than Brissett or Mayfield previous to him.

I think working out the kinks and getting his in-game reps this year could give the opportunity to return to his top 5 status in the ranks of NFL QB's. Let's hope he keeps developing after so much time off, as the Browns have mortgaged away their future to win a Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years.

Watson might prove me wrong but I dont think you have the pieces in place to win a Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years and his contract likely won't allow you to go get them. Had they been able to do this 2 years ago and Watson wasnt a serial sexual assaulter this trade might have resulted in the Browns getting their first ring.

It isn't that the browns have not tried to get a star quarterback. The NFL today is if you win one Superbowl you can accept some down years. They could get good fast.

Watson might prove me wrong but I dont think you have the pieces in place to win a Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years and his contract likely won't allow you to go get them. Had they been able to do this 2 years ago and Watson wasnt a serial sexual assaulter this trade might have resulted in the Browns getting their first ring.
If Watson can provide an elite air attack to complement an already elite running game.. the Browns could be a top 3 offense next year.

If Watson can provide an elite air attack to complement an already elite running game.. the Browns could be a top 3 offense next year.
Maybe. I just dont see it. Especially with the other teams in the AFC they would have to beat to do it. The Chiefs, Chargers, Bills. Even the Ravens and Bengals. When Im looking at the rosters top to bottom those teams just look better than the Browns.

Maybe. I just dont see it. Especially with the other teams in the AFC they would have to beat to do it. The Chiefs, Chargers, Bills. Even the Ravens and Bengals. When Im looking at the rosters top to bottom those teams just look better than the Browns.
Chances are you’re right of course. I think the Browns should expect to get into the playoffs.. and then anything can happen. We need better defense though, I hope we draft defense

Chances are you’re right of course. I think the Browns should expect to get into the playoffs.. and then anything can happen. We need better defense though, I hope we draft defense
I would expect them to make the playoffs at least once or twice over the next 2-3 years. Though the AFC North will be a tough division over that span. Sadly, my Steelers will likely be in the basement for the foreseeable future.

Good win for you guys today. Way to beat the rats.
Eh we beat a backup QB but I’ll take what I can get. Our defense may have only allowed 3 points but it’s not a good D.. Baltimores offense just didn’t play well

Eh we beat a backup QB but I’ll take what I can get. Our defense may have only allowed 3 points but it’s not a good D.. Baltimores offense just didn’t play well
You make your opportunities. Baltimore didn't play well but part of that is the opposing Defense making them not play well. Might as well win as many games as you can and keep the Texans from getting a better draft pick haha

Forum List

Back