• Yes

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Yes, but it should be limited/taxed

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In a merit-based society, is their any justification for wealth being passed down generationally. And, if so, is there any limit to such justification?

Just askin'

Are you for fucking Real? You have to ask this question? What am I working for hard for if not to leave something for my kids and grand kids.

You fucking people disgust me.

I don't know where Pelosi got her wealth. Do tell

I wasn't asking about Pelosi's own wealth. I was asking if Pelosi deserves the Kennedy wealth more than Caroline Kennedy does. So, does she?

Immie

you are talking nonsense. :cuckoo:

Oh?

Are you saying you just want to give all that wealth back to the government? So that they can give it to people who haven't earned it?

Immie

In a merit-based society, is their any justification for wealth being passed down generationally. And, if so, is there any limit to such justification?

Just askin'

AAAAWWWWW jelious much? Pissed that its not you? Someone getting something you're not? That Robbin Hood feeling welling up inside you?

In a merit based society there should be NO government hand outs of ANY kind. Earn what you get by working HARD for itand give it to who you want. That is a merit based society.

I wasn't asking about Pelosi's own wealth. I was asking if Pelosi deserves the Kennedy wealth more than Caroline Kennedy does. So, does she?

Immie

Oh?

Are you saying you just want to give all that wealth back to the government? So that they can give it to people who haven't earned it?

Immie

ORRRR, they can put it toward the debt, so I can reclaim the FICA taxes i've paid out :p

Immie

Oh?

Immie

Maybe they will just “hold it” until they decide if one merit’s such or "award" it as they see fit. /sarcasm

Just askin'

AAAAWWWWW jelious much? Pissed that its not you? Someone getting something you're not? That Robbin Hood feeling welling up inside you?

In a merit based society there should be NO government hand outs of ANY kind. Earn what you get by working HARD for itand give it to who you want. That is a merit based society.

I don't expect to get anything that I haven't worked for. Is this really what the rest of the middle class does? Just hang around until their parents die off so they can pay off the Hummer and mcmansion? o_0

Just askin'

I don't expect to get anything that I haven't worked for. Is this really what the rest of the middle class does? Just hang around until their parents die off so they can pay off the Hummer and mcmansion? o_0

What makes you think, the middle class thinks they will get anything from their parents? The way things are going now there wont be much left if they live a good long life. No one i know is waiting for their parents to die so that they can get ahead in life. We all work very hard to life a middle class life. We don't put our hands out for a free check from the government for being a lazy ass.

Oh?

Immie

ORRRR, they can put it toward the debt, so I can reclaim the FICA taxes i've paid out :p

Well, first off, I disagree with your premise that our society is based upon merit, but that is besides the point and I suspect we are just going to have to realize neither one of us will see the others side of this issue.

Now about using those funds to pay down the debt... Have you been paying attention? I ask that in jest, because I know you have. Is it not evident to you that the federal government has absolutely no intention of paying down the debt?

Neither party is interested in this. They will simply throw that money into the pot and dole it out to the "friends" of which ever party is currently in control.

Immie

When confronted by irredeemably stupid threads of this nature, you can save yourself a lot of bother in deciding whether or not the OP's author is genuine by asking yourself how the OP would react if they inherited a vast sum of money and a smiling bureacrat interupted the celebration by telling the recipient that X% of the inheritance belongs to the federal government, to do with as they see fit.

My guess is that this thread is just another example of a liberal antagonist that's resorted to questioning the validity of what is a human instinct - righteous indignation at being told that their kin will be penalised on anything they hand down to them.

In any case, this thread only serves to expose the lies liberals live by, in that anyone, regardless of their political allegiance, would fight tooth and nail over any attempt at an unwarranted grab at wealth that had already been taxed for the good of the people. Blood would probably be spilled over it, too.

Wow, so the gov't can do ANYTHING it wants with any US ctizen's property? Where the hell does it say THAT in the Constitution? Sounds like total communism to me. No individual property rights at all, the day we get to that point is the day liberty and freedom die.
Where in the Constitution does it say the IRS can hand you a bill that you'd better pay, or else?

It doesn't say that in so many words. But exactly that intention is derived from interpretation of such components as the General Welfare clause, which is saying whatever is best for the majority and the general health of the Nation is what we're gonna do! So if you manage to accumulate enough wealth to qualify you as a de facto aristocrat I remind you that Americans in the essential meaning of the designation are innately hostile to aristocracy and all it stands for.

Aristocracy? Are you for real? I do want to thank you however for the iluminating viewpoint of somebody who is from the left. Way left. As in Lenin/Stalin left.

Wow, so the gov't can do ANYTHING it wants with any US ctizen's property? Where the hell does it say THAT in the Constitution? Sounds like total communism to me. No individual property rights at all, the day we get to that point is the day liberty and freedom die.
Where in the Constitution does it say the IRS can hand you a bill that you'd better pay, or else?

It doesn't say that in so many words. But exactly that intention is derived from interpretation of such components as the General Welfare clause, which is saying whatever is best for the majority and the general health of the Nation is what we're gonna do! So if you manage to accumulate enough wealth to qualify you as a de facto aristocrat I remind you that Americans in the essential meaning of the designation are innately hostile to aristocracy and all it stands for.

Aristocracy? Are you for real? I do want to thank you however for the iluminating viewpoint of somebody who is from the left. Way left. As in Lenin/Stalin left.

so modern "conservatives" think that Lenin founded America?

"There is... also an artificial aristocracy founded on wealth and birth, without either virtue or talents; for with these it would belong to the first class. The natural aristocracy I consider as the most precious gift of nature for the instruction, the trusts, and government of society. And indeed it would have been inconsistent in creation to have formed man for the social state, and not to have provided virtue and wisdom enough to manage the concerns of the society. May we not even say that that form of government is the best which provides the most effectually for a pure selection of these natural aristoi into the offices of government? The artificial aristocracy is a mischievous ingredient in government, and provision should be made to prevent it's ascendancy."

-- Thomas Jefferson; letter to John Adams (Oct. 28, 1813)

Is that an oblique reference to "the first liberals", i.e., the founding fathers...and the silly internet fad that has people saying (falsely) that today's liberals and yesterday's founding fathers are ideologically the same thing?

Or are you just tooting the crazy horn?

What the hell is the merit Based society BS anyways. Millions in the country live on government hand outs, not their own merits. Yet you want to tell hard working Americans, that they can not pass down the money they earned and paid taxes on. To their descendants. What has to be wrong with ones mind to think the Government even as the right to consider something like this, let alone do it.

CaféAuLait;3542199 said:
Oh?

Immie

Which would end up benefiting you and you have already said you have not earned such.

I didn't say that. i said "whether or not." Certainly half of that which has been paid into "my account" came out of the fruits of my own labor. Whether the other half has served to adjust my wages downward because my employer has had to compensate for paying them or not is debatable. In any case, I don't understand why Pinochetists believe that I should forfeit them so that the uber-wealthy can perpetuate idleness. Really Un-American!

I don't see the argument for giving anything back to the government when taxes have already been paid.

Ever witnessed Caroline Kennedy?

CarolineKennedy.jpg

Can you honestly tell me she merits the wealth she has?

She has every right to her share of the kennedy wealth. She didn't have the right to get into politics based solely on the Kennedy name.

Forum List

Back