Indoor lemon tree

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011

I really want to get one for indoors. Have any of you grown one inside?

I managed to keep a couple of plants alive for a year and now I consider myself to be a suitable indoor plant parent.:auiqs.jpg:

I kinda cheated by sprouting a couple of seeds from store bought lemons. They are just a few months old and maybe 6 inches high.......so far, so good.

I haven't even started trying to grow anything from seeds yet. I am just trying to keep stuff alive. If I can manage that, then I can graduate to seeds.

I kinda cheated by sprouting a couple of seeds from store bought lemons. They are just a few months old and maybe 6 inches high.......so far, so good.

It may be several years before it will produce, we did the same thing and it took ours years to produce. We bite the bullet and buy trees ready to produce. Very expensive though.

It may be several years before it will produce, we did the same thing and it took ours years to produce. We bite the bullet and buy trees ready to produce. Very expensive though.
Having moved to a new home this summer, I have a pretty massive yard to fill with fruit trees, and I am going for those expensive mature trees all the way. In my last home, I planted $50 bare root semi-dwarf trees of about six varieties and after five years, got one good crop of honeycrisp apples. Not worth nurturing trees for five years. Now I'm just looking hard for a nursery locally that sells mature trees.

Having moved to a new home this summer, I have a pretty massive yard to fill with fruit trees, and I am going for those expensive mature trees all the way. In my last home, I planted $50 bare root semi-dwarf trees of about six varieties and after five years, got one good crop of honeycrisp apples. Not worth nurturing trees for five years. Now I'm just looking hard for a nursery locally that sells mature trees.

Nursery's are good you can also find good ones at some Loews,Home Depot,etc.

Maybe this will help.

Nursery's are good you can also find good ones at some Loews,Home Depot,etc.

Maybe this will help.

Oh, thanks! I did just speak to a nursery that will be able to give me about half of the 4-inch/5-inch trees I want, and they referred me to another nursery that will probably be able to help me with the rest. I've always wanted an 8-10 tree orchard and a large chunk of my quarter acre property really needs trees.

whoisit , I just watched that video and learned a ton! Thanks!

Last edited:
Oh, thanks! I did just speak to a nursery that will be able to give me about half of the 4-inch/5-inch trees I want, and they referred me to another nursery that will probably be able to help me with the rest. I've always wanted an 8-10 tree orchard and a large chunk of my quarter acre property really needs trees.

Your welcome and hope you find a good one.

I dunno about growing them indoors, but not much beats real homemade lemonade in the summer.

I like it with the pulp and the seeds and that gritty sugar.

Forum List

Back