Inaugural benediction: Pray that “white will embrace what is right”

[YOUTUBE]zChn5JxdncU[/YOUTUBE]

My impression is that he made an inspirational benediction and in the final 40 second verse of his 5 minute prayer, he misspoke.

Instead of beginning with "we ask that God help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back"...... etc

Maybe he should have said something like "we thank God for this day when black is no longer asked to get back" ....... etc

It's not just that he spoke about race, it's mostly from that one verse where some people felt offended.

"Let's pray for that day..... when whites embrace what's right" :confused:

My opinion is, he misspoke.

Leading up to that part, you might remember he was yammering on about unity and solidarity, sacrifice and respect, turning to each other instead of on each other, :eusa_whistle: , tolerance and intolerance, inclusion and exclusion, fellowship and family, yada yada yada.

Bottom line-- I really don't feel offended by the benediction at all.

Last edited:
Oh fuck THAT.... there's no more RACIST people on EARTH than BLACK PEOPLE! Tell me I'm wrong, so I can post the next six pages full of how WHITE people are being BRUTALIZED, RAPED and MURDERED by blacks over black by whites by about TEN TIMES OVER.

You cannot be fooking serious? Just because a black person brutalizes (is this really a crime), rapes, or murders a white person doesn't make them racist. A racist doesn't need to commit an offense to be a racist. Not all slave owners were racists either. Blacks and white alike need to wake the fook up and let go of this BS. Some people post messages all day on the Internet and don't realize that you can actually Google (in another tab or window) the very information that you're posting about.

I'm getting a headache just reading the bullshit here.

Stop embarrassing the rest of us white people with this victim hood shit!

---

for christes sake, if any of you ever had to live one week as a mexican or a negro you'd be crying foul til you shit out your lungs!

---

for christes sake, if any of you ever had to live one week as a mexican or a negro you'd be crying foul til you shit out your lungs!

Hey, being a negro is not all that bad. Think of the savings on suntan lotion...unfortunately, I spend it all on menthol cigarettes!

---

When a supposed victim tells supposed oppressor that he needs to pull his shit together from a podium in DC where a minorty is to be sworn in to the highest job in the land, he's asking for trouble. IS there some particular need to rub it in someones face?

When a supposed victim tells supposed oppressor that he needs to pull his shit together from a podium in DC where a minorty is to be sworn in to the highest job in the land, he's asking for trouble. IS there some particular need to rub it in someones face?

there you go again...rubbing it in your face? oh, the white bully baby is sooooooooo sensitive all of a sudden? look at how tough you are. you hear a few words and automatically have a hissy fit and feel insulted.

stop embarrassing the rest of us normal white folk.

the Rev was not speaking as a victim, he was acknowledging a truth and appealing to the better nature of the white power structure

there you go again...rubbing it in your face? oh, the white bully baby is sooooooooo sensitive all of a sudden? look at how tough you are. you hear a few words and automatically have a hissy fit and feel insulted.

stop embarrassing the rest of us normal white folk.

the Rev was not speaking as a victim, he was acknowledging a truth and appealing to the better nature of the white power structure

ya right---the rev was speaking as a man in power admonishing his so- called oppressors--

---

Now that would be horrible. I see your point. I'll tell my Mexican and Negro friends that I'm glad I don't have to live like them. Thank goodness you didn't say Asian. Then I would've taken offense.

Just for the sake of discussion what the hell was he supposed to say in regards to whitey? The white race doesn't need to overcome much other than cultural guilt, they're not minority status.

He could've left out whites all together but then he'd be implying bad stuff about the white race which would also be racist.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I don't recall race ever being mentioned in any Inaugural benediction. He should have not mentioned it. Perhaps Obama should have asked his old Reverend to have given the benediction.:eek:

hells bells six months ago a white man was slapped down at a city council meeting for saying "black hole" give us white people a fucking break whdoncha? :lol::lol::lol:

I heard about that guy, you really think all blacks are that thin skinned?

And a black hole is one of the most powerful known forces in the universe, wouldn't one be thrilled to be named after it?

Last edited:
I am a white Southerner whose family lines in this country go back into the early 1600's.
What does that make me guilty of?
I have ancestors who were,with physical evidence, benevolent slave holders. What am I guilty of? My father was beaten with chains and
sticks during a school riot in the 60's because he was white and didn't run from a mob of black students. He, along with his sister and brother, were forced to stand on the school bus every day even thought the black students who made up the majority were seated one to a seat. He also was cut to the skull with a razor blade because he was trying to defend his sister from a black student on the bus who kept sticking his hand up his little sister's skirt.
On a more recent note, my wife was mugged on Mothers day on the DC Metro by a Black man who said he was going to send her to her mother in a box! Oh, there were plenty of bystanders that could have helped her but my wife was the wrong color so they just sat there and stared all the while calling her white b!$ch.
She tried reporting it to a Black police officer at the metro but was told that she couldn't file a report because it was an isolated incident!
I myself have been in many fights because I was a "white boy" that will not sit quietly while hippocracy strangled our school systems and our community. I have never lynched anyone, I have never made anyone sit at the back of a bus, I have never told anyone "Negroes can't eat here", I have never beat anyone because they were black, I try to live as Christ lived, I treat every man as being created equal in the sight of God, and judge a man only by his character. Is that not what Dr King wanted? What then, am I guilty of? What more can you ask of a man? Rev Lowry, Rev Jackson, Rev Sharpton, Rev Wright...You tell your people that the white man is tired of being pushed! You tell them that this generation is guilty of nothing! You wolves in sheeps clothing, tell your people that their days of implying guilt where there is none are OVER!

Now that would be horrible. I see your point. I'll tell my Mexican and Negro friends that I'm glad I don't have to live like them. Thank goodness you didn't say Asian. Then I would've taken offense.

the point is they all say they have it sooooo hard being white, I can't imagine what they would all be like after having to live a week as a minority person. it's all in the context of racism. after all isn't that what everyone is whining about? so don't play that fukin' card with me about looking down on people. I am not insinuating minorities have terrible lives because of the color of their skin, or because of anything else. but to deny that they have an added burden in certain situations because of their status is to deny reality you stupid little fuk.

do so and you will have earned my attentions for more time then you'd care to.

fuk off.

Last edited:
Just for the sake of discussion what the hell was he supposed to say in regards to whitey? The white race doesn't need to overcome much other than cultural guilt, they're not minority status.

He could've left out whites all together but then he'd be implying bad stuff about the white race which would also be racist.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

gee, maybe he could have picked a different benediction.

You know why I don't get all worked up over race? Because it has no impact on my life other than the occasional bigot. Your story sounds bad, in fact it sounds a little too bad. Get over it and move on. Or, go back to Idaho, whichever is applicable. Either way, just stop the race bullshit.

Forum List

Back