Inaugural benediction: Pray that “white will embrace what is right”

A little rhetorical flourish folks, no big deal. If one ever wonders why men still kill each other over meaningless words...

"What exactly is a benediction? It is pronouncement of divine blessing given in the Bible. It represents a joyful, unifying call to faith, patience, and practice for the faithful,based on the Certainty, divine Principle, God."

List of benedictions given in the Bible.

Yep, he and you are racist, by your own words. You mean to be 'caring', instead you are divisive.

I'm not calling YOU racist, am I? YOU are the one who is being divisive in your posts. I should be so lucky to stand beside that preacher, and be considered on equal footing with him.

I respect Reverend's contrubution to the civil rights movement.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little rhetorical flourish folks, no big deal. If one ever wonders why men still kill each other over meaningless words...

"What exactly is a benediction? It is pronouncement of divine blessing given in the Bible. It represents a joyful, unifying call to faith, patience, and practice for the faithful,based on the Certainty, divine Principle, God."

List of benedictions given in the Bible.

A racial rhetorical flourish---but the bigger question is can we get ALL get passed the racial BS or is this entire presidency going to be painted with it.

Why would a unifying bendiction hope for DIFFERENT things for DIFFERENT races ? Poor choice of a poem----hopefully not a sign of more to come.

This is a historic moment. Yesterday was MLK birthday. MLK had a dream and spoke of it in 1963. The dream is fulfilled with the Obama presidency in 2009.

Obama is elected and sworn in, as POTUS, inspite of just happening to be bi-racial.

Last edited by a moderator:
White is the color of the majority.

When white embraces what is right is when white people accept that racism is wrong.

History is what he is speaking of, you can pretend it was not part of the American experience but you would be dead wrong.

Oh fuck THAT.... there's no more RACIST people on EARTH than BLACK PEOPLE! Tell me I'm wrong, so I can post the next six pages full of how WHITE people are being BRUTALIZED, RAPED and MURDERED by blacks over black by whites by about TEN TIMES OVER.

Then I'll also remind you hussein wouldn't be President right now without the WHITE VOTE, and that didn't happen because whites are RACIST!

Last edited:
I agree with SD that the election of a 'black man' is a proud moment in our history. The world, not to mention Americans, especially minority Americans. should recognize he was elected because so many Caucasian Americans thought he was the right man at this time. I don't think it was because of his race for most, nor in spite of it. Without those votes, he would not be dancing tonight, at least not as President.

I'm not arguing that our country is free from prejudice, hell the poet proved that wrong. But I do think we've gotten far enough down the road to accuse minority races, religions, 'special groups' of having their own prejudices and often using them to get what they want.

I agree with SD that the election of a 'black man' is a proud moment in our history. The world, not to mention Americans, especially minority Americans. should recognize he was elected because so many Caucasian Americans thought he was the right man at this time. I don't think it was because of his race for most, nor in spite of it. Without those votes, he would not be dancing tonight, at least not as President.

I'm not arguing that our country is free from prejudice, hell the poet proved that wrong. But I do think we've gotten far enough down the road to accuse minority races, religions, 'special groups' of having their own prejudices and often using them to get what they want.

That is exactly what I have been trying to say.

Here's what's funny:

The "proof" that MLK's "dream" has come true, and race doesn't matter, is blacks in power.

They'd never say any white person, no matter who they were, was "proof" of that.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I think some people view it as racist.

My understanding is he said:

There seems to be an assumption that white has not embraced what is right. If that's what he's saying it would seem to be a racist statement because of how it paints all whites as not embracing what is right.

What is your take?

It appears to be a racist comment, suggesting whites are "wrong". Did he get this line from Jeremiah Wright?

One could even take it a litte further. Since whites elected Barack Obama to POTUS are they still "wrong"?

At any rate, this has got to stop. Ironic, but most of the racist comments we have seen during this election cycle has come from black preachers.

It appears to be a racist comment, suggesting whites are "wrong". Did he get this line from Jeremiah Wright?

One could even take it a litte further. Since whites elected Barack Obama to POTUS are they still "wrong"?

At any rate, this has got to stop. Ironic, but most of the racist comments we have seen during this election cycle has come from black preachers.

agreed----this dude KNEW what he was saying was iffy !

It HAS TO STOP.

Whites, so long as they exist as people, are "wrong", in the eyes of the Obamanation. The goal is to get rid of them.

I hope you are realizing few agree with you. Indeed the majority condemn the minorities that like you, sow hatred. I think you act out of fear, they out of anger and you're all wrong.

I hope you are realizing few agree with you. Indeed the majority condemn the minorities that like you, sow hatred. I think you act out of fear, they out of anger and you're all wrong.

So are you saying there are no black racist? If so you are very wrong. We have had this mentality in this country of accepting black racism and making excuses for it like "They are angry". White people are changing their thinking and ways. If they had not then Obama wouldn't be President. It is time for black people to change their way of thinking.

Don't you guys remember Ray Naguin of New Orleans proclaiming it was a "Chocolate City"? If a white politician had said something like that their career would be over.

Attachments

• $TheNewSuperdome.jpg
    $TheNewSuperdome.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 65
So are you saying there are no black racist? If so you are very wrong. We have had this mentality in this country of accepting black racism and making excuses for it like "They are angry". White people are changing their thinking and ways. If they had not then Obama wouldn't be President. It is time for black people to change their way of thinking.

Don't you guys remember Ray Naguin of New Orleans proclaiming it was a "Chocolate City"? If a white politician had said something like that their career would be over.

yes----EVERYONE needs to stop it and quit playing stupid. If Obama plans on supporting this bullypulpit " teach the whites to act right " shit, he's going down in flames.

yes----EVERYONE needs to stop it and quit playing stupid. If Obama plans on supporting this bullypulpit " teach the whites to act right " shit, he's going down in flames.

i don't think he is.
i think the old dude giving the benediction just fucked up/miscalculated/whatever.
shit happens, but it is kinda funny watching the aftermath.

Forum List

Back