In this thread, all Hillary Clinton supporters will do one of three things. Guaranteed.

You need to re-read that article.

Clinton didn't receive speaking fees from the foundation, he donated his speaking fees to the foundation.

On Friday, a financial disclosure form filed by the Clinton campaign revealed that Mrs. Clinton and her husband had earned $25 million from making paid speeches since the beginning of 2014.

I'm not going to pay for the Wall Street Journal just to prove you wrong. That sentence doesn't say what you think it does.

They earned the money giving speeches, and then donated it to the Foundation.

theDoctorisIn even your source says the Clinton donated the money to the foundation. But why are we bickering whether he donated it to the foundation or the foundation received the loot as payment?

What are you talking about?
That is a different story completely, and a different $26,000,000.
That article is talking about just SOME of the unreported revenue given to the foundation, many foreign governments.

FROM THAT ARTICLE...at the bottom that you didn't read.

Thursday's news comes on the heels of the Clintons' disclosure last week that the couple made more than $30 million since January of 2014, much of that from paid speeches, which earned them $25.3 million during that period.

What are you talking about?
That is a different story completely, and a different $26,000,000.
That article is talking about just SOME of the unreported revenue given to the foundation, many foreign governments.

FROM THAT ARTICLE...at the bottom that you didn't read.

Thursday's news comes on the heels of the Clintons' disclosure last week that the couple made more than $30 million since January of 2014, much of that from paid speeches, which earned them $25.3 million during that period.

Yeah, that's what Bill Clinton does for a living now - he makes speeches. Companies and organizations around the world will pay a fuck-ton of money to have Bill come speak at their shareholders conference.

What's the scandal? That money didn't come from the Foundation.

theDoctorisIn even your source says the Clinton donated the money to the foundation. But why are we bickering whether he donated it to the foundation or the foundation received the loot as payment?

We're not.

iamwhatiseem seems to be under the impression that the Clintons received that money from the Foundation, rather than the other way around.

Ahhhh....I see what your saying...

Two separate events...
One...the Clinton Foundation conveniently did not report $26,000,000 in speech "revenues" paid to the foundation for Bill.
Two...the Clintons earned $30,000,000 just in 2014 for over 100 speeches.

But nevertheless...the charity has made over a quarter of a $Billion in "donation"s...but anywhere from 88% to 95% went to salaries/speeches/expenses and "other" costs.
That is a whole helluva lot of money that is not charity, but income.

We're not.

iamwhatiseem seems to be under the impression that the Clintons received that money from the Foundation, rather than the other way around.
I was under the impression that you were saying the clintons received the money and then donated it to the foundation... After all you did say that.

Two separate events...
One...the Clinton Foundation conveniently did not report $26,000,000 in speech "revenues" paid to the foundation for Bill.

But nevertheless...the charity has made over a quarter of a $Billion in "donation"s...but anywhere from 88% to 95% went to salaries/speeches/expenses and "other" costs.

They run their own programs with the money they don't give it to other charities.

Two separate events...

Tell me what the foundation 'does' and how much of that money went to those causes since you got all the statistics and shit

Two separate events...

That's a misreading of their financials. I don't have the time nor energy to go into it line by line, but a lot of it has to do with what the Clinton Foundation does. They function mainly to connect donors to projects, rather than fund projects directly themselves.

The CGI alone has generated commitments between sources of funding and projects valuing upwards of $45 Billion dollars.

As for the first part - in a sense, Bill Clinton has donated nearly half of his personal income to his charity this year.

We're not.

I was under the impression that you were saying the clintons received the money and then donated it to the foundation... After all you did say that.

The specifics of whether they got paid directly and donated their fees, or donated their time to the Foundation, which was then paid is irrelevant, in my opinion.

Well, my reaction is that I will take an active part in this election and see that someone sane is elected to the office of President. That pretty much excludes the GOP candidates.

This thread was off to a great start... Fucking doc ruined it with his shit

What do the #'s - $140,000,000 and 94% have to do with Hillary Clinton?

It's part of the fudged numbers you're using for the Clinton foundation.

I now predict you'll get all butthurt about that.

Not really.
Some report the % given to charity as 6%, some say 8%...and some even 10%.
I don't really think it matters. I mean...I forget..how many $millions was it they simply misplaced again?
The foundation IS the charity, stupid. They spend it on helping people themselves ...hater dupes.

Forum List

Back