In the dead of night the Senate passes $1.2 trillion government funding bill, sending it to Biden

If you mean the near entirety of the GOP, yes.
There's zero evidence to support that claim....In fact there's scads of evidence to the contrary, in the years 2000-06.
There you have it.
1. Every politician is owned by their major donors
2. I'm talking 2022-2024. No clue what 2000-2006 has to do with anything.

To put a moratorium on elective wars you first have to get control back of Congress. To do that you have to wrestle back control of the security state and the DOD. To facilitate that possibility the media has to be reformed. There, I did the planning, now go get it done.

The moderates who voted for the bill give MTG, Roy, Gaetz and their ilk the cover to bluster on the steps of the Capitol. The moderates take the bullet so the fringe can complain and move for the Speaker's removal.

On taxes, a lot of your list here, I agree with.
For SS, remove the caps for both contribution and income level but leave the age alone (you should be able to retire if you've paid into the system and want to).
I'm pretty sure Medicaid money is already sent to states that vote for it and want it. There are a lot of red states that just won't do it.
You tired old commee scum on your last dying legs should be ashamed for yourselves not trying to save this Country for the innocent children who have no say. You and all your tired old babbling 65-100 yr old Blue Union welfare phony SSDI scum longing for the 60s’ need to be tied up and slowly skinned.

The moderates who voted for the bill give MTG, Roy, Gaetz and their ilk the cover to bluster on the steps of the Capitol. The moderates take the bullet so the fringe can complain and move for the Speaker's removal.

On taxes, a lot of your list here, I agree with.
For SS, remove the caps for both contribution and income level but leave the age alone (you should be able to retire if you've paid into the system and want to).
I'm pretty sure Medicaid money is already sent to states that vote for it and want it. There are a lot of red states that just won't do it.
1. OK, the "fiscal hawks" always bluster about spending, until there is republican control, then they spend just like democrats, "deficits don't matter"

2. I don't think Medicaid is the same as Obamacare?? Medicaid is charity, Obamacare is healthcare insurance, I may be wrong.

To put a moratorium on elective wars you first have to get control back of Congress. To do that you have to wrestle back control of the security state and the DOD. To facilitate that possibility the media has to be reformed. There, I did the planning, now go get it done.
More talk. We end up with Bobert on coke fidgety in a movie playing with some DEM wackjobs dic. Or speaker Mac holed up with a DEM operative in an apartment building.

I realize this is “the system“ as it spirals out of control. The only hope is complete collapse, massive bloodshed and a rebuild, apparently. What gives anyone any reason to think otherwise?

Last edited:
End the drug war also
Yes. Just legalize them all and put your money into reducing demand. Treatments, therapy, prevention PSA's and other programs.
Until you do something about reducing the demand, the supply will always be there to make it to this country.

What disappointment would that be? I know what you think. A Trump victory and an all Republican Congress. :)
Ain't gonna happen, kiddo. Even if by some miracle Trump pulls out a win, you'll have a divided Congress.

More of the same.
I don’t think so…America is pissed at dems…

WASHINGTON — The Senate voted 74-24 early Saturday morning to pass a sweeping $1.2 trillion government funding bill after heated last-minute negotiations caused senators to breach the midnight deadline to avert a shutdown.

But the funding lapse was brief and technical, having no meaningful impact as the White House said it has "ceased shutdown preparations" due to a Senate agreement, which came after Republicans demanded votes on a series of amendments.

The legislation, which passed the House on Friday morning by a vote of 268-134, now goes to President Joe Biden, who has said he'll sign it into law. It completes a turbulent government funding process during the divided government, featuring a year of haggling, six months of stopgap bills and intense partisan clashes over money and policy along the way.

Once Biden signs the package into law, the full government will be funded through the end of September, after Congress passed a previous $459 billion tranche of money earlier this month. The total spending level for the fiscal year is $1.659 trillion.

Passed in the dead of night as usual....The Firm wins again....America loses.

I can't find a for or against list yet but you can bet it's the usual gop pukes that voted for it.

reps party of losers.jpg

I realize this is “the system“ as it spirals out of control. The only hope is complete collapse, massive bloodshed and a rebuild, apparently. What gives anyone any reason to think otherwise?
We are already in total denial, with a sprinkling of false hope. The truth when you really face it is too horrible to admit. We have one part of the government starting fires all around the world, another part "responding" to it with force, and borrowing money from future generations in order to facilitate this foolishness. We can blame each other for it if it helps, but there is no way to turn this ship around because you are confined to the passenger quarters, and there's no windows down here.

We are already in total denial, with a sprinkling of false hope. The truth when you really face it is too horrible to admit. We have one part of the government starting fires all around the world, another part "responding" to it with force, and borrowing money from future generations in order to facilitate this foolishness. We can blame each other for it if it helps, but there is no way to turn this ship around because you are confined to the passenger quarters, and there's no windows down here.
And now they may go full authoritarian. You can argue they already have. I believe they already have with what they’ve done, breaking two and a half centuries of precedent with everything they’ve done with the Justice Department, the bankrupting folks, going after everyone around the populist universe, including yourself.

copied off GP.

WASHINGTON — The Senate voted 74-24 early Saturday morning to pass a sweeping $1.2 trillion government funding bill after heated last-minute negotiations caused senators to breach the midnight deadline to avert a shutdown.

But the funding lapse was brief and technical, having no meaningful impact as the White House said it has "ceased shutdown preparations" due to a Senate agreement, which came after Republicans demanded votes on a series of amendments.

The legislation, which passed the House on Friday morning by a vote of 268-134, now goes to President Joe Biden, who has said he'll sign it into law. It completes a turbulent government funding process during the divided government, featuring a year of haggling, six months of stopgap bills and intense partisan clashes over money and policy along the way.

Once Biden signs the package into law, the full government will be funded through the end of September, after Congress passed a previous $459 billion tranche of money earlier this month. The total spending level for the fiscal year is $1.659 trillion.

Passed in the dead of night as usual....The Firm wins again....America loses.

I can't find a for or against list yet but you can bet it's the usual gop pukes that voted for it.

There's no chance of ever paying off all the debt we have. The government might as well divvy up everything they own and give it to us.

I'll take my share in M4 carbines. And a tank. And an F-16, that would be cool.

There's no chance of ever paying off all the debt we have. The government might as well divvy up everything they own and give it to us.

I'll take my share in M4 carbines. And a tank. And an F-16, that would be cool.
I'll take mine in 5.56, 7.62 Nato, and any M1 Carbine ammo they might have laying around.

You never used to play stupid like this.
There was no choice, but to pass it, at this point in the game....

The only thing that can be done, is to not do this shit, again!

Right now, the President's budget is going to Congress for next year's budget, beginning October 1st for 2025.

They need to start RIGHT NOW, 6 months before the 2025 budget has to pass, and work out in their committees, a Budget Bill to cover 2025....

Waiting till the last minute, will always bring us to last minute, must be passed, budgets like this one just passed...

The only solution, is to start now for next year's fiscal budget...imo.

Right now, the Presidents budget is going to Congress for next get a budget, beginning October 1st for 2025.

They need to start RIGHT NOW, 6 months before the 2025 budget has to pass, and work out in their committees, a Budget Bill to cover 2025....

Waiting till the last minute, will always bring us to last minute, must be passed, budgets like this one just passed...

Hogwash....If the Bush junta had done this, you and your shitlib fellow travelers would have screeched so loud that it would have burst eardrums in China....And you wouldn't have been wrong.

Quit playing stupid...It's a bad look for you.

Right now, the President's budget is going to Congress for next year's budget, beginning October 1st for 2025.

Sure, they pinky promise not to do it again, which is the same pinky promise they made last time, and the time before, and the time before, and the time before.

We the people loose in all of this.
Every single government worker I know, and I know many, works from home 4 days a week, and half of them exploit it and goof off - and while complaining they’re underpaid.

There is nobody more entitled that a federal government employee.

Hogwash....If the Bush junta had done this, you and your shitlib fellow travelers would have screeched so loud that it would have burst eardrums in China....And you wouldn't have been wrong.

Quit playing stupid...It's a bad look for you.
It isn't right.

But, there was no choice at this point. We as a Nation, would be hurt more, without it passing....

who is really playing stupid? Not me! I understand the full picture...

I know when to stop bitching at past mistakes, and when to get the ball rolling to prevent repeating the same mistake!

The time is NOW for the 2025 budget, and you should be supporting my stance of taking up the 2025 budget now!

....or simply live in this ground hog day nightmare, forever!

Forum List

Back