In Response To Russian Hacking ThatTargeted US Energy & Food Supply, Biden Open To Handing Over US Citizens To Putin?!

'Biden Open to Cybercriminal Exchange with Russia Following Ransomware Attacks'

Concessions? Way to negotiate with the foreign leader you called a 'murderer', responsible for the recent 'crippling' cyber attacks on the US, over our national security, Joe.

You are against handing US citizens to foreign countries?

If two leaders mutually agree there is a problem with something like cybercrime at this level, the leadersh should agree to 1st deal with the problem internally. This is not a simple matter of 'cyber crime'. I posted several links to reorts detailing how many of these hackers operating in Russia are Ex-Russian military who have said no cyber attacks against another country happen without Putin's knowledge. These were not 'cyber CRIMES' - the Russian cyber attacks against the US were just that - ATTACKS. They were sanctioned 'test-runs' against the US.

When a nation like Russia is caught conducting such ATTACKS, they do not get to dictate / demand conditions regarding their punishment.

Biden should tell Putin to FO and reinstate sanctions...and possibly harsher punishments.
If two leaders mutually agree there is a problem with something like cybercrime at this level, the leadersh should agree to 1st deal with the problem internally.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Hunter Biden is a US citizen?
And Trump ASKED AS A FAVOR to investigate him?
Ooh, we know lefties hate investigating their criminals. But spent years investigating trump.
I have no problem investigating criminals or even suspected criminals. I have a problem when that investigation is done as a favor to someone instead of actual probable cause. I have a problem when that investigation is done without the accused having the opportunity to defend themselves. This is true for Trump and Biden.

In the case of Trump, there was probable cause. In the case of Biden none that anyone can discern. Hence no actual investigation by the DOJ in Biden's case.

You are in favor of turning them over to Russia?
I'm in favor of honoring international treaties that deal (among other things) with how people who commit crimes in each other's countries are punished or extradited.
Russians can't be extradited. It's against the Russian constitution.
If Putin has proven anything is that the Russian constitution is highly flexible in regards to Putin's wishes.

And apparently, according to the link, Putin stated this.

If we agree to extradite criminals, then of course Russia will do that, we will do that, but only if the other side, in this case the United States, agrees to the same and will extradite the criminals in question to the Russian Federation.

I'm in favor of honoring international treaties that deal (among other things) with how people who commit crimes in each other's countries are punished or extradited.
If Putin has proven anything is that the Russian constitution is highly flexible in regards to Putin's wishes.

If we agree to extradite criminals, then of course Russia will do that, we will do that, but only if the other side, in this case the United States, agrees to the same and will extradite the criminals in question to the Russian Federation.
Putin isn't going to extradite any Russians.

What most people fail to understand is that North Korea has a very poor infrastructure so it's cyber crime troops mostly operate from foreign countries, especially Russia.
Maybe not. But the premise of the post was that Biden is somehow doing something wrong because he's willing to exchange cybercriminals. Even if Putin's response is in bad faith. I fail to see the problem with suggesting it.
It is unconscionable to turn over Americans to Russia.

Biden will just do whatever Putin demands. That's how Russia got the Crimean peninsula and got sanctions lifted.
Again Trump literally asked Zelinsky to investigate a US citizen. Without I might add any Republican finding that problematic. And the fact of the matter is, is that the US has treaties with a number of countries in order to be able to extradite them. Not all of those countries are nice places, so what's the problem? List of United States extradition treaties - Wikipedia

As to what Biden will and won't do. Treaties by definition have rights AND obligations. As long as both countries abide by them there is no problem.

Seems there is a distinct lack of sanctions being lifted.
trump never asked for such a thing...just stop

stop repeating Adam Shifty’s parody

The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.

I don't need Adam Shiff's version of events. The only thing I need is 5th-grade reading comprehension skills and the transcript Trump himself released.

What most people fail to understand is that North Korea has a very poor infrastructure so it's cyber crime troops mostly operate from foreign countries, especially Russia.
Maybe not. But the premise of the post was that Biden is somehow doing something wrong because he's willing to exchange cybercriminals. Even if Putin's response is in bad faith. I fail to see the problem with suggesting it.

Biden will just do whatever Putin demands. That's how Russia got the Crimean peninsula and got sanctions lifted.
Again Trump literally asked Zelinsky to investigate a US citizen. Without I might add any Republican finding that problematic. And the fact of the matter is, is that the US has treaties with a number of countries in order to be able to extradite them. Not all of those countries are nice places, so what's the problem? List of United States extradition treaties - Wikipedia

As to what Biden will and won't do. Treaties by definition have rights AND obligations. As long as both countries abide by them there is no problem.

The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.

I don't need Adam Shiff's version of events. The only thing I need is 5th-grade reading comprehension skills and the transcript Trump himself released.
sounds like he is asking him to look into how the prosecutor was canned. Not into Biden

as far as Hunter, ukraine can investigate anyone doing business in their country and they were

sounds like he is asking him to look into how the prosecutor was canned. Not into Biden

as far as Hunter, ukraine can investigate anyone doing business in their country and they were
Ah, your one of those people who would claim Trump was simply minding his own business when somebody just stepped in front of the bullet if Trump would shoot someone?

Maybe you should run for congress. They simply claimed it was a totally above-board inquiry into possible corruption from Biden. You take it a step further and claim Trump didn't ask for Biden to be investigated.

I have to say the claim loses some of its (dubious) credibility when you claim he was being investigated in the next sentence.

It's always fun to see spin so convoluted that it can't keep its story straight over 2 consecutive sentences.

Ah, your one of those people who would claim Trump was simply minding his own business when somebody just stepped in front of the bullet if Trump would shoot someone?

Maybe you should run for congress. They simply claimed it was a totally above-board inquiry into possible corruption from Biden. You take it a step further and claim Trump didn't ask for Biden to be investigated.

I have to say the claim loses some of its (dubious) credibility when you claim he was being investigated in the next sentence.

It's always fun to see spin so convoluted that it can't keep its story straight over 2 consecutive sentences.
huh?

what claim? i am just going off the transcript not some parody

Concessions? Way to negotiate with the foreign leader you called a 'murderer', responsible for the recent 'crippling' cyber attacks on the US, over our national security, Joe.

Ya talking about the proposed prisoner exchange for that U.S Marine held captive in Russia??...sounds like your against it. Let that Marine rot in Russia if it means making Biden look good..got it.

huh?

Apparently you lack those skills. Any investigation would focus on the UKRAINIAN company that hired Cokehead Hunter and set aside money for Senile Joe. Funny you keep forgetting that Joey threatened/blackmailed Ukrainian officials to drop their investigation. Asking to resume an investigation shut down by Joe to protect himself and his druggie kid isn’t illegal.

Apparently you lack those skills. Any investigation would focus on the UKRAINIAN company that hired Cokehead Hunter and set aside money for Senile Joe. Funny you keep forgetting that Joey threatened/blackmailed Ukrainian officials to drop their investigation. Asking to resume an investigation shut down by Joe to protect himself and his druggie kid isn’t illegal.
I'm sorry but I can only handle one person spouting completely bad faith BS a day. I reached that quota. Try again another day, please.

huh?

yeah that’s what the transcript says

I'm sorry but I can only handle one person spouting completely bad faith BS a day. I reached that quota. Try again another day, please.
why do you think ukraine can’t investigate a ukraine company just because your Dear Leader’s son works there?

Your forfeit is recorded. Run along and add some dragons and wizards to your fairy tale and it might get better.

No its not "unconscionable".
Its called "extradition" and all the civilized countries are doing it.
You should try being civilized, you might like it?

huh?

yeah that’s what the transcript says
No, that's what YOU say. Hunter Biden was named, as in by name as the person to be investigated.

I'm bored now. Talking to the willfully ignorant gets tedious. So I suggest we stop talking.

If they committed crimes recognized by US law, then to not turn them over would be complicit and a crime itself.
Then you get into extradition laws/agreements and that’s a whole other issue. Sometimes it just isn’t that simple.

Extradition should not be simple, since the rights of the accused need to be protected.
For example, it was illegal for Bush to demand the Taliban hand over bin Laden.
That would not be according to international law on extradition, where almost every country in the world would have turned down the US demands, because their law does not allow for executions.
The Taliban had every legal right in the world to demand bin Laden only be handed over to an Islamic court.

If two leaders mutually agree there is a problem with something like cybercrime at this level, the leadersh should agree to 1st deal with the problem internally. This is not a simple matter of 'cyber crime'. I posted several links to reorts detailing how many of these hackers operating in Russia are Ex-Russian military who have said no cyber attacks against another country happen without Putin's knowledge. These were not 'cyber CRIMES' - the Russian cyber attacks against the US were just that - ATTACKS. They were sanctioned 'test-runs' against the US.

When a nation like Russia is caught conducting such ATTACKS, they do not get to dictate / demand conditions regarding their punishment.

Biden should tell Putin to FO and reinstate sanctions...and possibly harsher punishments.
If two leaders mutually agree there is a problem with something like cybercrime at this level, the leadersh should agree to 1st deal with the problem internally.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Hunter Biden is a US citizen?
And Trump ASKED AS A FAVOR to investigate him?
Ooh, we know lefties hate investigating their criminals. But spent years investigating trump.
I have no problem investigating criminals or even suspected criminals. I have a problem when that investigation is done as a favor to someone instead of actual probable cause. I have a problem when that investigation is done without the accused having the opportunity to defend themselves. This is true for Trump and Biden.

In the case of Trump, there was probable cause. In the case of Biden none that anyone can discern. Hence no actual investigation by the DOJ in Biden's case.

Nah, that is not valid.
Obviously Trump already had investigated Burisma Holdings, Hunter, and Joe Biden as far as he could.
From that point, only the Ukraine could continue the investigation, and it was perfectly legal for Trump to ask for that.
There most certainly was probable cause, since Biden had in public, demanded the firing of Shokin.
That appears to be a quid pro quo to hide wrong doing of Hunter.
And the accused normally do NOT get an opportunity to defend themselves during the investigation.
Only after, in court.
In contrast, Trump suggested absolutely nothing at all remotely illegal.
I do not like Trump, but it is clear to every one Biden is guilty.
Even Hunter admitted he did not earn the millions he was paid.

Obviously Trump already had investigated Burisma Holdings, Hunter, and Joe Biden as far as he could.
Nope, he didn't. There is zero evidence that the DOJ. Those that actually order the investigating started any investigation.
There most certainly was probable cause, since Biden had in public, demanded the firing of Shokin.
Yes, he did. So did the IMF, the British, and the French. All well documented as it happened and for good reason.
By the way, Joe Biden did not set foreign policy. https://fas.org/sgp/crs/row/RL33460.pdf
That appears to be a quid pro quo to hide wrong doing of Hunter.
Only problem. At the time of the "quid" there was no "pro quo" simply because Shokin had already suspended the investigation of Burisma.
And the accused normally do NOT get an opportunity to defend themselves during the investigation.
Only after, in court.
That is true. In the US. Since the US president however made it very clear that Biden shouldn't be prosecuted by the US I wonder how you get to make that claim.
In contrast, Trump suggested absolutely nothing at all remotely illegal.
Again you are right. Just highly unethical, probably in violation of his oath of office, and most certainly highly irregular. Not only do countries rarely if at all ask other countries to investigate one of their citizens unilaterally. But such a question is not done by a president but rather through the legal attache of the host countries embassy. In fact, such a breach of procedure in regards to extradition would more than likely destroy any chance of the government to enforce such extradition. The accused would avail themselves to the court and would probably be released.

Again Trump literally asked Zelinsky to investigate a US citizen. Without I might add any Republican finding that problematic.
Not investigating a clear case of corruption would be problematic.

The prosecutor general was investigating the corrupt benefactor of Biden's son. Millions in bribes were paid by Burisma to Hunter Biden and other Democrats. Biden demanded that Shokin be fired or he would block the third billion dollar tranche of a US treasury loan guarantee.

That's corrupt to the core. It's horrible!

Biden should be in fucking prison for that extortion/bribery scheme.

And from what we know now due to what was released of Hunter's laptop, it appears that Biden also had another prosecutor general fired before that, in order to protect Burisma.

Forum List

Back