In Politics and Society: Is it Intolerant to be Intolerant of Intolerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the right in this country to vote, literally and figuratively. We can vote at the ballot box, with our wallets, with emails, with calls, with letters, we can vote by supporting interest groups that advocate for causes we support.

We can vote with the remote, with the dial on the radio. We can vote by making 'demands'. We can vote by making 'threats', provided they are within the law.

Start taking away people's right to vote, and where does it go? Where could it go?

Maybe some of you noticed the story I posted about the Israeli parliament trying to make boycotts, or even calling for boycotts,

illegal. That's where it can go.

Yes, you have the right to threaten people. It's a right, and you choose to run with it.

You can also pretend that it's your only option, even though we all know it isn't.

Now that the pushback to this behavior has begun in earnest, I'm very pleased to say:

Keep it up!

I listed a dozen options and you accuse of believing there's only one option. Are you illiterate?

Clearly I'm not illiterate. So much for that attempt at a standard diversionary personal insult. You people literally can't help yourselves, can you?

The more likely answer is that I don't pay terribly close attention to your posts.

And back to the point: The fact remains that you choose to threaten, to intimidate, to attempt to control the conversation by putting your targets on the defensive. It's your choice to behave that way. And now, after a long period in which that behavior proved to be very, very helpful for you, the effectiveness of that tactic is waning.

When you choose to behave that way, you make it clear that fixing problems and healing wounds are clearly not a priority for you. Your call. They are for me, so we just disagree there.

Yes, you have the right to threaten people. It's a right, and you choose to run with it.

You can also pretend that it's your only option, even though we all know it isn't.

Now that the pushback to this behavior has begun in earnest, I'm very pleased to say:

Keep it up!

I listed a dozen options and you accuse of believing there's only one option. Are you illiterate?

Clearly I'm not illiterate. So much for that attempt at a standard diversionary personal insult. You people literally can't help yourselves, can you?

The more likely answer is that I don't pay terribly close attention to your posts.

And back to the point: The fact remains that you choose to threaten, to intimidate, to attempt to control the conversation by putting your targets on the defensive. It's your choice to behave that way. And now, after a long period in which that behavior proved to be very, very helpful for you, the effectiveness of that tactic is waning.

When you choose to behave that way, you make it clear that fixing problems and healing wounds are clearly not a priority for you. Your call. They are for me, so we just disagree there.

Hey, Mac. How about we have one of the types of discussions that you say you want. Pick a topic.....open the discussion. See if you can do it without predicting that your concept will be too difficult for others to grasp. Try to do it without telling us how the partisian ideologues won't be honest. Do it without claiming that you really don't expect a direct reply from anyone here or that you really don't pay attention to what others are saying.

Come on........lets start fixing problems.

The really fucked up thing is that you claim to NOT BE in agreement with what Phil Robertson said. So....your idea of fixing that problem.....the problem of bigotry toward homosexuals and the fact that homosexuals do not have equality under the law......is to condemn and insult those who AGREE WITH YOU on the issue for being too mean to him.

Last edited:

Keep it up!

Maybe if you didn't respond to posts you haven't read you'd reduce the likelihood of saying something stupid.

Maybe if you didn't respond to posts you haven't read you'd reduce the likelihood of saying something stupid.

Here we go again.

Diversionary personal insult. This has to be genetic.

You folks are a hoot.

:laugh:

Here we go again.

You folks are a hoot.

Lashing out because you got caught making a fool of yourself is very immature. Grow up.

Here we go again.

You folks are a hoot.

Oh oh, the "posting police" is on the board.

Please CONFORM to the "posting police" edicts...

Here we go again.

You folks are a hoot.

Oh oh, the "posting police" is on the board.

Please CONFORM to the "posting police" edicts...

Yeah, that's right, and I'm gonna get you guys fired!

And you're a racist and a homophobe!

Right wingers are in fact preoccupied with defending bigots. Its pretty much the sole purpose of the party these days - defending bigotry. Any time a racist, a bigot, a homophobe, a misogynist - is attacked in any way by anyone - the right wing will be their to defend them. !

While I promised to not get into personal attacks, I do have to thank you for sharing the point of view of the least intelligent amongst us.

I do not defend bigotry...on either side. You are a partisan bigot who wants to attack those you don't agree with while ignoring the bigotry of those you support and that's your choice. But, it gives you NO credibility.

I will enjoy clicking the button that prevents your posts from polluting my screen.

Bye now.

^^^^ Anyone? Does anyone here know exactly what GLAAD did?^^^^^^

Don't quote me, but rumor has it they force-fed a diabetic a candy cane.

GLAAD researching other sponsors of Phil Robertson

December 21, 2013

Despite having received a massive blowback after A&E suspended Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance against Discrimination said it is researching other companies who sponsor the Christian patriarch of the popular program, Breitbart reported Friday.

GLAAD, the organization that targets what it calls "homophobia," indicated it intends to target those companies in an effort to pressure them to follow A&E's lead. Robertson was suspended after GLAAD contacted A&E executives.

But it appears the group has not gotten its full pound of flesh and apparently wants to destroy the Robertson clan.

Despite blowback, GLAAD researching, may target others sponsoring Phil Robertson - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

THAT is what GLAAD was doing that is objectionable. Why is it so hard for the knuckle-dragging, mouth breathing Left to understand?

Right wingers are in fact preoccupied with defending bigots. Its pretty much the sole purpose of the party these days - defending bigotry. Any time a racist, a bigot, a homophobe, a misogynist - is attacked in any way by anyone - the right wing will be their to defend them. !

While I promised to not get into personal attacks, I do have to thank you for sharing the point of view of the least intelligent amongst us.

I do not defend bigotry...on either side. You are a partisan bigot who wants to attack those you don't agree with while ignoring the bigotry of those you support and that's your choice. But, it gives you NO credibility.

I will enjoy clicking the button that prevents your posts from polluting my screen.

Bye now.

Yes....we are bigoted against bigots! And you have just joined the ranks of tose who cannot keep their word here. Such low self awareness and so little integrity.

Earmuffs!

Bye now.

Well he is the poster child for all the worst posters on the board. And he holds the honor for giving me my first rep in the New Year--a neg rep of course--for the OP!!! And oooooh, it really smarts getting a neg rep from somebody I um (cough). . . .oh well, let's just leave it there. :)

Actually folks, I thank Mac and hunarcy and a few others who really did try to discuss the topic and who are among the few who understood the concept. Even that little bit restores my faith in human nature a bit.

But it is obvious that the trolls are not going to allow any reasoned discussion in this thread--they will continue to utilize all the numbers on that list plus the one I forgot to add to it which is asking the same questions over and over and over no matter how many times those questions are addressed. It is hard to respect that, but oh well. Even idiots need a hobby. So I'm going to move on. I may reintroduce the topic in the CDZ where hopefully those, both left and right, will be interested in the topic. I hope the smart people will join me there.

Happy New Year everybody. It's a brand new year to do it better.

But it is obvious that the trolls are not going to allow any reasoned discussion in this thread--they will continue to utilize all the numbers on that list plus the one I forgot to add to it which is asking the same questions over and over and over no matter how many times those questions are addressed. It is hard to respect that, but oh well. Even idiots need a hobby. So I'm going to move on. I may reintroduce the topic in the CDZ where hopefully those, both left and right, will be interested in the topic. I hope the smart people will join me there.

Well, I'm going to continue to utilize the ignore feature and carry on. But, if you do restart it somewhere else, let me know so I can play too! :lol:

Well, I'm going to continue to utilize the ignore feature and carry on. But, if you do restart it somewhere else, let me know so I can play too! :lol:

Yes! Maybe if you put everyone who disagrees with you on ignore, you can feel better about your obviously flawed aregument.

Oh and on my way out, I wish to give a shout out and Happy New Year to the mods who did honor my request to leave this in Politics despite the best effort of the trolls to get it busted to the badlands or flame zone. Thank you for that. That did allow it to generate enough reasoned discussion, both pro and con re the OP, to hopefully do a bit of consciousness raising. We got a lot of posts and a lot of looks. So onward to better things. . . .

The legacy of America is a melting pot of immigrants who built this nation.

White Immigrants, in much smaller numbers...

Immigrants from all cultures and races thanks to liberals like Ted Kennedy.

Since 1965. You think the country started then?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There are more illegal immigrants in the country now alone than there were English or Irish immigrants who ever came into this country throughout our history.

Our country was built on small scale European immigration.

Last edited:
White Immigrants, in much smaller numbers...

Immigrants from all cultures and races thanks to liberals like Ted Kennedy.

Since 1965. You think the country started then?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No, it just started to change for the better. America actually began to live up to it's tenets.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back