In CA, Newsom to pay unpaid rent for illegals and others.

OK.
Riddle me this.
Govt to end moratoriums on evictions and foreclosures
25 of your 60 units have not paid rent for 15 months, that over $562k in revenues.
Made enough to pay the help, utilities, etc., but not the mortgage.
Government will reimburse you your losses so you can pay your mortgage...

Do you take the money?

Stand by your beliefs or
Recognize that government CAN be a positive influence?

Of course landlords will take money that's owed to them. The point I make is that taking the money does not stop them from evicting the tenant. It does not stop them from suing the tenant for interest on that money owed. If I had a tenant that I knew could pay, but didn't taking advantage of this stupid regulation and they owed me $15,000, I'd wait to get the $15,000 check from the government and then throw them out.

OK.
Riddle me this.
Govt to end moratoriums on evictions and foreclosures
25 of your 60 units have not paid rent for 15 months, that over $562k in revenues.
Made enough to pay the help, utilities, etc., but not the mortgage.
Government will reimburse you your losses so you can pay your mortgage...

Do you take the money?

Stand by your beliefs or
Recognize that government CAN be a positive influence?

Of course landlords will take money that's owed to them. The point I make is that taking the money does not stop them from evicting the tenant. It does not stop them from suing the tenant for interest on that money owed. If I had a tenant that I knew could pay, but didn't taking advantage of this stupid regulation and they owed me $15,000, I'd wait to get the $15,000 check from the government and then throw them out.
Really?
Throw out a paying tenant?
I'm guessing your landlording is not especially profitable.
BUT
Go ahead with the expense and financial drain of throwing out your tenants
After all
3-4-6 months without rent while paying attorneys and court costs will certainly mollify your bruised ego.

Really?
BUT
After all
3-4-6 months without rent while paying attorneys and court costs will certainly mollify your bruised ego.

I had to evict only one tenant through the court system. It took me less than a month. I have thrown other people out but they left at my request.

If I know somebody is capable of paying rent but used a legal loophole not to, I have no idea what that person is capable of doing in the future. From that point on, I would consider them irresponsible and untrustworthy. All my tenants now are great people, so of one of them had a problem coming up with the rent, I know they are legit and I'm willing to do whatever possible to help them. My tenants and I are more like friends because they've all been here so long.

Really?
BUT
After all

I had to evict only one tenant through the court system. It took me less than a month. I have thrown other people out but they left at my request.

If I know somebody is capable of paying rent but used a legal loophole not to, I have no idea what that person is capable of doing in the future. From that point on, I would consider them irresponsible and untrustworthy. All my tenants now are great people, so of one of them had a problem coming up with the rent, I know they are legit and I'm willing to do whatever possible to help them. My tenants and I are more like friends because they've all been here so long.
Friends? Yeah, you speak of them like friends.

Forum List

Back