In a world without guns...the strong and the many can brutally beat the weak and outnumbered...

Why is it such a wrong idea to bring up Switzerland...and it's rate of gun ownership...

Um....well....maybe because in Swizerland - as I just explained - everyone goes into the military, and because the guns they are given there are taken home, they are counted in gun ownership statistics.

Does that happen in the US?

And don't even get me started on Russia as a basis for comparison with the US....!!!!

And still NOT ONE poster can address the comparisons between the US and similar countries, like France and Germany.

Not one.

Instead we say batshit crazy comparisons between the US and Estonia (!), the US and Russia, and no doubt any moment now, the US and Fiji.

I have to say, some days the standard of debate on this forum really makes me wonder about the US school system.

Yeah, bring up Switzerland...an Saigon thinks you are nuts....considering they have actual military quality weapons...in their homes...with children...

He brings up military service...hmmm...I think the Fort Hood "workplace violence/muslim jihadi" shooter...Major in the military was actually in the military...

Why is it such a wrong idea to bring up Switzerland...and it's rate of gun ownership...

more anti gunner logic...
Saigon is a leftist so he's well versed in peacocking and other advanced forms of posturing. Look at what he did there, he exclaimed a position, that someone would bring up Switzerland, as though this was self-evidently a silly thing to do. He paints himself to be a sophisticate by posturing this way but he's oblivious to the fact that he's the emperor without clothes.

All the data that has flooded this thread refutes his position but, again because he's a leftist, he falls back on the leftist mental model of whatever a leftist believes is automatically true. Data doesn't matter. His beliefs are all that matter and they sustain him in the face of evidence which refutes his position.

Hmmm...Russia has a population of 143,800,000

The U.S. has a population of.............319,03,000

The U.S. has more guns in private hands than Russia...by a lot...

And yet...Russia has more gun murders than the United States....

Hmmm...explain that...

Seriously?

THIS is your best argument?

Jesus wept....

refute it, then...

Seriously?

Have you ever been to Russia?

And still NOT ONE poster can address the comparisons between the US and similar countries, like France and Germany..

Are you on crack or something? France and Germany are not comparable to the US. Germany and Switzerland are comparable - same people, proximity to each other, linguistic and cultural links.

Rik -

Actually, I'm neither liberal nor whatever a 'leftist' is, genius. Try to stick to the topic, eh?

No one is interested in witless abuse.

Um....well....maybe because in Swizerland - as I just explained - everyone goes into the military, and because the guns they are given there are taken home, they are counted in gun ownership statistics.

Yes. We know.

Does that happen in the US?

No..that's one of the reasons we have so much crime. An armed society is a polite society.

And don't even get me started on Russia as a basis for comparison with the US....!!!!
Oh do go on..regale us with your vast knowledge...of russia, sweden, australia, switzerland, russia and the u.s.

...places you've probably never even been to and only read about in books...

funny..the people who have the least proximity to the problem always seem to imagine themselves as "experts"

Rik -

Actually, I'm neither liberal nor whatever a 'leftist' is, genius. Try to stick to the topic, eh?

that's nice. refute his premise, then..quit dodging away.

Oh do go on..regale us with your vast knowledge...of russia, sweden, australia, switzerland, russia and the u.s.

...places you've probably never even been to and only read about in books...

I've been to all of the countries listed...most 10 - 20 times, probably.

What was your point, exactly?

Was it something about people posting on topics without adequate research?

Rik -

The premise of comparing the US with Estonia?

Refuted.

The premise of comparing the US with Swtizerland?

Refuted.

Jesus wept, we really are sinking to kindergarten level now, aren't we?

Hmmm...Russia has a population of 143,800,000

The U.S. has a population of.............319,03,000

The U.S. has more guns in private hands than Russia...by a lot...

And yet...Russia has more gun murders than the United States....

Hmmm...explain that...

Seriously?

THIS is your best argument?

Jesus wept....

refute it, then...

Seriously?

Have you ever been to Russia?
don't dodge.
refute the premise.

And still NOT ONE poster can address the comparisons between the US and similar countries, like France and Germany..

Are you on crack or something? France and Germany are not comparable to the US.

But Estonia is, apparently. Why is that, again?

More Canadian data for 2010 broken down by province.

Nova Scotia = 2.22
Ontario= 1.43
Manitoba = 3.64
Saskatchewan = 3.26
British Columbia = 1.83
Yukon = 2.89
NWT = 2.28
Nunavit = 18.28 (not a typo)

The American white homicide rate was 2.55 per 100,000.

Sorry, the anti gunner concept is that guns, in the hands of law abiding people increase the crime and murder rate...and those guns are in the hands of civilians, in the militia, not regular military personel...so they are essentially regular people with military grade rifles in their homes...and the crime and murder rate is not higher than the U.S.

That anti gunner concept is debunked...

Would you support mandatory gun ownership of military grade rifles for Americans...since that seems to keep the crime and murder rate down in Switzerland?

Rik -

The premise of comparing the US with Estonia?

Refuted.

The premise of comparing the US with Swtizerland?

Refuted.

Jesus wept, we really are sinking to kindergarten level now, aren't we?
Fuck are you stupid. You didn't refute anything, you special pleaded. The fact that the Swiss military provides a weapon is meaningless. What counts is access. Who has access to that firearm, the homeowner or the miltiary commander? Does the commander comes to each person's home and unlock a safe for the homeowner? So long as the homeowner has access he can use that weapon for homicidal purposes because would-be murders don't much care about the law.

And still NOT ONE poster can address the comparisons between the US and similar countries, like France and Germany.

Not one.

Instead we say batshit crazy comparisons between the US and Estonia (!), the US and Russia, and no doubt any moment now, the US and Fiji.

I have to say, some days the standard of debate on this forum really makes me wonder about the US school system.
This has been covered many times starting in 1773. This country's founders left the totalitarianism of Europe. This country was built and maintained with a gun in hand and the will to use it. Don't like it? I really don't give a fuck.

Would you support mandatory gun ownership of military grade rifles for Americans...since that seems to keep the crime and murder rate down in Switzerland?

Now you're going to make him cry. Stop it. He can't argue his way out of a wet paper bag so why are you kicking him like this?

That anti gunner concept is debunked...

Oh, right!

And yet if we take a dozen countries that are similar to the US and rank them first by gun ownership, and then by homicide rate, we get very close to a perfect match. Why is that, again?

See, what did I tell you guys, he just ignores data he doesn't like and clings to his leftist bubble universe belief.

Screen-Shot-2014-03-31-at-Monday-March-31-1.00-AM.png

Forum List

Back