In a world without guns...the strong and the many can brutally beat the weak and outnumbered...

That anti gunner concept is debunked...

Oh, right!

And yet if we take a dozen countries that are similar to the US and rank them first by gun ownership, and then by homicide rate, we get very close to a perfect match. Why is that, again?

See, what did I tell you guys, he just ignores data he doesn't like and clings to his leftist bubble universe belief.

Screen-Shot-2014-03-31-at-Monday-March-31-1.00-AM.png
That is an effective debate tactic ......to them....

This has been covered many times starting in 1773. This country's founders left the totalitarianism of Europe. This country was built and maintained with a gun in hand and the will to use it. Don't like it? I really don't give a fuck.

At last we see an honest response!

I totally respect that, BigReb - if American citizens are fine having a homicide rate 10 times that of similar countries, then go with that. It is entirely for the American people to decide.

- if American citizens are fine having a homicide rate 10 times that of similar countries, then go with that.

Actually, I'm not happy with that but people keep voting for democrats...I am much happier with the 1.4 million times a year on average that a gun is used to save a life and stop violent crime in the U.S. considering that gun murders are only 11-12,000 a year...

So...

11-12,000 gun murders....vs....1.4 million times a year guns are used to stop violent crime and save lives...

I'll take that...

This has been covered many times starting in 1773. This country's founders left the totalitarianism of Europe. This country was built and maintained with a gun in hand and the will to use it. Don't like it? I really don't give a fuck.

I totally respect that, BigReb - if American citizens are fine having a homicide rate 10 times that of similar countries, then go with that. It is entirely for the American people to decide.

And for the Finnish people to decide as they keep importing Somalians. Let that process brew for a generation (1st generation immigrants are generally more law abiding than 2nd generation.)

Again...The U.S. has more gun crime...but Britain has twice as much violent crime...and almost absolute gun control...

As Larry Corriea pointed out a while back, Britain has traded gun crime for brutal robberies, and rapes at knife point and with clubs...at a rate twice as high as the U.S.

Again...1.4 million times a year guns are used in the U.S. to stop violent crime and save lives...you always forget that Saigon...why is that....?

11-12,000 gun murders a year....vs....1.4 million times (the average, more than 3 studies put it at over 2.5 million times a year) that guns are used to stop murders and other violent crime and save lives...

I whether not be a victim or have any of my family members as one, we'll keep our guns and freedom, you can kiss our ass.

Ok, now we've got through some of the ritual spamming and off-topic nonsense, perhaps we can get back to the topic.

I've always found this image very revealing, as it compares th US with such a wide range of other countries....I'd be interested in hearing what people see in the chart....

Chart The U.S. has far more gun-related killings than any other developed country - The Washington Post

firearm-OECD-UN-data3.jpg

You're a delusional leftist, so it's no surprise that you find your graph to be revealing and you close your eyes to this chart and still insist on declaring that the US and Germany are similar societies:

Homicide-YoungMale_zps76f11b25.jpg

Again...The U.S. has more gun crime...but Britain has twice as much violent crime...and almost absolute gun control...
Not really. Britain considers a punch in the nose a violent crime. You`re comparing apples to oranges.

According to the link below, the UK has considerably higher rates of TOTAL crime than the US does, but not of violent crime.

Considering that the US has 138 times more murders involving a gun, that is not surprising.

The UK seems to have higher rates of robbery and assault, but lower rates of car theft and 'property crime'. Many of the stats are quite close.

United Kingdom vs United States Crime Stats Compared

Not really. Britain considers a punch in the nose a violent crime. You`re comparing apples to oranges.

I just read an article from a UK newspaper that said the same thing, i.e. that assault is more common in the UK because it has a much more general definition.

Here's something to chew on:

Thanks to strict criminal laws, working conditions in Great Britain are the safest in the Western world—that is, if your profession is burglary. On the other hand, if you’re a law-abiding citizen quietly staying at home, you’re at much greater risk in the nearly gun-free United Kingdom, than in the gun-happy United States of America.

In late October, teacher Robert Symonds, who lived in the London suburb of Putney, was stabbed to death in his home by a burglar. Last week, in Halifax (near Manchester), 71-year-old priest Father Ingwell was stabbed several times by a burglar. The same week, burglars in the fancy London neighborhood of Chelsea stabbed banker John Monckton to death. Terrifying home invasion burglaries are not rare events in England. Overall, Great Britain has a higher violent crime rate than the United States, and a higher burglary rate. Significantly, only about one-eighth of American burglaries take place while the victim is home, whereas over half of all British burglaries do.

One reason that British burglars are so much bolder than their American cousins is that only about 4% of British homes legally possess a gun, whereas about half of American homes do. British police administrators require guns at home to be stored unloaded in a safe, and that ammunition be in a separate safe. No American jurisdiction has such extreme “safe storage” requirements. As a result, an American burglar who breaks into an occupied home faces a significant risk of getting shot.
Here's a bit more to chew on:

It is axiomatic in the United States that burglars avoid occupied homes. As an introductory criminology textbook explains, "Burglars do not want contact with occupants; they depend on stealth for success." [FN8] Only thirteen percent of U.S. residential burglaries are attempted against occupied homes. [FN9] But this happy fact of life, so taken for granted in the United States, is not universal.

The overall Canadian burglary rate is higher than the American one, and a Canadian burglary is four times more likely to take place when the victims are home. [FN10]

In Toronto, forty-four percent of burglaries were against occupied homes, and twenty-one percent involved a confrontation with the victim. [FN11] Most Canadian residential burglaries occur at night, while American burglars are known to prefer daytime entry to reduce the risk of an armed confrontation. [FN12]

Research by the federal government's Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention found that, based on 1994 data, American youths 10 to 17 years old had much higher arrest rates than Canadian youths for every category of violent and property crime. The lone exception was burglary, for which Canadian youths were one-third more likely to be involved. [FN13] In cities such as Vancouver, home invasion burglaries aimed at elderly people have become endemic, and murders of the elderly during those burglaries all too frequent. [FN14] Unfortunately, help from the government is not always available. In Quebec, the provincial police (Sureté du Québec) are under orders from their commander to reduce arrests for burglary, because the jails are full. [FN15]​

According to the link below, the UK has considerably higher rates of TOTAL crime than the US does, but not of violent crime.

You've repeatedly made claims that the US compares to a number of other nations. I'm curious, which nations have you identified which had a 45 million strong African population living within their borders?

It isn't a gun problem it's a negro crime problem.
Remove negro crime from the data and the numbers change dramatically.

It isn't a gun problem it's a negro crime problem.
Remove negro crime from the data and the numbers change dramatically.

He can't acknowledge that because that would implode his liberal bubble universe where race doesn't factor into any social metric.

Hmmm...again...still not addressed...

11-12,000 gun murders a year in the U.S.

vs.

1.4 million times a year guns are used to stop violent crime and save lives....

the anti gunners always forget that number...I guess because the bigger number is on the opposite side of their argument...

You've repeatedly made claims that the US compares to a number of other nations. I'm curious, which nations have you identified which had a 45 million strong African population living within their borders?

Perhaps Estonia would fit?

I think the most reaslitic comparisons in terms of ethnicity would be France, Germany and the UK. Those figures have already been available for you to ignore.

Forum List

Back