In a STUNNER of a Vote - GOP Votes Against Lowering Gas Prices/Price Gouging

Obviously I do as I know it’s down from it’s high. It’s you who seems to be behind the curve.
Not much:

1653489355350.png

Again. So we should expect a sharp price drop at the pump imminently then?
So, if indeed price dropped 20%, than the around that same percentage would be expected in a three month window. That is as long as the tankers who provide the gas haven't raised their prices as I already stated. Again, your lack of understanding precludes you from a normal discussion. You're clueless.

Do you really believe that? If that's true, then what keeps gas stations from just charging $100/gallon for gas? Civic duty?

No - even when the entire economy is dependent on their products, price and value are subjective matters. They can set the price at whatever they want, but they can't force people to buy their products.
still trying to reason with a brick we are.

Sometimes it can be valuable to revisit the premises that the rest of us take for granted. Hell, maybe we're wrong.
but we're not. reality is still reality. I get it that drugs can alter that, and perhaps that's his issue. I'm no psychologist.

We just voted to crackdown on price gouging at gas stations and every single republican voted no.

The Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act would give the President the power to issue an Energy Emergency Declaration that would make it unlawful to increase gasoline and home energy fuel prices in an excessive or exploitative manner.

A bill to help against Price Gouging and corporations cutting the "little guy" by messing with oil and gas prices in the country was voted "Nay" by every House GOP member.

These are the same folks who go to any camera they can find and complain about gas prices. Thoughts?

EDIT: Full Bill (thanks to Kosh)

I lived through "price controls" with a GOP president and thankfully the GOP learned that political considerations be they short term are NOT good for the long term our country.... see Jimmy Carter's "Misery Index"!
I remember gas lines of the 70s which we haven't seen...YET!!!
In late July, 1971, Nixon reiterated his adamant opposition to wage and price controls calling them a scheme to socialize America. Yet, less than a month later, in a stunning reversal, he imposed the first and only peacetime wage and price controls in U.S. history. The Nixon tapes, personal tape recordings made during the presidency of Richard Nixon, provide a unique body of evidence to investigate the motivations for Nixon’s stunning reversal. We uncover and report in this paper evidence that Nixon manipulated his New Economic Policy to help secure his reelection victory in 1972.
He became convinced that wage and price controls were necessary to grab the headlines away from the defeatist abandonment of the Bretton Woods Agreement and the closing of the U.S. gold window. Nixon understood the impact of his wage and price controls, but chose to trade off longer term economic costs to the economy for his own short-term political gain.

When did I get my CFP? Many years ago. I had been an IAR (7, 63, 65, CLU, ChFC) prior to that.

Far more training, education, continuing education and hands-on, real life EXPERIENCE than you Trumpsters could imagine.

Thanks for asking.
I don't care when you got that one, I was more interested in when you graduated

Hannity/Carlson/Fox School of Ersatz Economics.

Every thing posted here is about party politics. The rule is if the other party says anything good bad or indifferent you Must Stand Against it, The hell with good government, We must have party rule.

Forum List

Back