in 2019, Grassley & Cruz introduced bill that strengthened background checks while still protecting our 2nd Amendment...& the Dems filibustered it!!!

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
we don't need gun control, we need idiot control

when a Muslim extremist blows up a school, we are told not to judge all Muslims, we are just asking liberals to do the same with gun violence extremists

i agree there's a problem, we can't go to school without fear, we can't go to the movies without fear...now you can add the grocery store to that list...but i disagree with the solution...the Grassley-Cruz Bill is the solution

Not bad, except for section 46. Also it fails to require universal background check on all weapons transfers outside the family. It does not address the need for training and licensing to carry on the streets. This is something I would like to see mandated available everybody that can pass background across the states and not at the whim of cities or even states. It still requires weapons in the car to be unloaded traveling state to state and i am not sure if that would supersede state agreements already in place for permit recognition reciprocity. It also does nothing to make it illegal to carry rifles and shotguns on the street for personal defense in our cities. Other that that, it's a good start. Still lots of legalese in there, but much better clarity for what he is saying than the majority of legislation I read these days.

when a Muslim extremist blows up a school, we are told not to judge all Muslims, we are just asking liberals to do the same with gun violence extremists

i agree there's a problem, we can't go to school without fear, we can't go to the movies without fear...now you can add the grocery store to that list...but i disagree with the solution...the Grassley-Cruz Bill is the solution

I go everywhere without fear. Enough with the asinine fear mongering

Not bad, except for section 46. Also it fails to require universal background check on all weapons transfers outside the family. It does not address the need for training and licensing to carry on the streets. This is something I would like to see mandated available everybody that can pass background across the states and not at the whim of cities or even states. It still requires weapons in the car to be unloaded traveling state to state and i am not sure if that would supersede state agreements already in place for permit recognition reciprocity. It also does nothing to make it illegal to carry rifles and shotguns on the street for personal defense in our cities. Other that that, it's a good start. Still lots of legalese in there, but much better clarity for what he is saying than the majority of legislation I read these days.
An unloaded weapon is a useless defense tool unless you plan to throw it at them and give them a free gun.

• Banned
ExN4Ws5XMAY4M0k

ExN4b4fXEAEpRut

ExN4hlnW8AIlW_W

ExN4m9MWYAAA7Dx

An unloaded weapon is a useless defense tool unless you plan to throw it at them and give them a free gun.
Agreed. Read that in the bill and could not believe it was from a Texas Senator. It the bill you could not even have the ammo stored handy to the weapon. It used to be that way here, until we got car carry without permit and in your boat. Of course the moment you get out of the car with it, you are illegal unless you have a permit to carry. There is a bill for constitutional carry. I oppose it and wrote letter and email to both my Representative and Senator at their state and local office urging them to oppose. Law enforcement is against it. Probably pass and be signed by Governor this spring or summer. Then it is watch your ass in Tennessee as every idiot over the age of 21 will be packing. Hope we don't lose many cops.

Criminal Joe is dictating even more harsh and stringent extended anal probe psychological profile background examinations for prospective gun buyers.

Criminal Joe is dictating even more harsh and stringent extended anal probe psychological profile background examinations for prospective gun buyers.
I read the article you posted, but nothing about anal probing and the only thing I could find on the psychological profile thing was re-instating the rule that prohibited the sale or transfer of guns to people that had been adjudicated as not able to handle their own affairs for mental reasons. I am not thrilled about an assault weapons ban (that's why I am buying my final component for my build today) but that wasn't even on your mind. You have strange priorities.

Background checks don't do shit. Meaningless panacea.

there are 2 types of Senators: Senators who hate Ted Cruz...and Ted Cruz
You know why they hate him, don't you?

He keeps FUCKING up the gravy train.

Why do you think those assholes go to Washington in the first place? Please tell me you are not naïve enough to believe they actually want to do good. Has any Senator ever walked away from their seat without enriching themselves beyond anything possible?

So, why do gun-grabbing authoritarians keep demanding them?

I think many are starting to see the light. If I prove that I am not a danger in any possible way, I will start demanding that I have access State-of-the-Art full-autos. I am perfectly safe. Why not?

Agreed. Read that in the bill and could not believe it was from a Texas Senator. It the bill you could not even have the ammo stored handy to the weapon. It used to be that way here, until we got car carry without permit and in your boat. Of course the moment you get out of the car with it, you are illegal unless you have a permit to carry. There is a bill for constitutional carry. I oppose it and wrote letter and email to both my Representative and Senator at their state and local office urging them to oppose. Law enforcement is against it. Probably pass and be signed by Governor this spring or summer. Then it is watch your ass in Tennessee as every idiot over the age of 21 will be packing. Hope we don't lose many cops.
You don't know one single cop, do you?

So, why do gun-grabbing authoritarians keep demanding them?

I think many are starting to see the light. If I prove that I am not a danger in any possible way, I will start demanding that I have access State-of-the-Art full-autos. I am perfectly safe. Why not?

You? Mr. Yapping I'm Going To Shoot Up The Government? Good luck.

Life is a risk. You risk more getting in your car....Chill with the gun control shit, it's all political. You stand more of a chance getting hit by lightning.

here's Ted Cruz talking about Grassley-Cruz in new Hannity interview

"if it became law, the Southerland Springs shooter would have been in jail before he committed the biggest church atrocity in american history"

You don't know one single cop, do you?
Few/ Have little interaction since retirement. Used to know a bunch, but been years.

Forum List

Back