In 2 Terms, Obama Had Fewer Scandals Than Trump Has Had In The Last 2 Weeks

By the definition of scandal it may be marginally true, however, what do you call sicking the IRS on political opponents, corruption of the DOJ under Lynch, fast and furious....... what do you label the never ending stream of lies? Oh well after 6 more days we won't have to worry about the man that revitalized racism and embraced mediocrity as the new norm. Jimmy C should be relieved his administration was elevated from the pit of failure courtesy of brother Obama. One shouldn't have expected so much from a community organizer.

I call it false since an investigation concluded that it was limited in scope to a few employees and there was no evidence of involvement or knowledge of anyone higher up.

What "corruption" of the DOJ are you talking about?
Loretta Lynch meeting Bill Clinton on the tarmac where she agreed not to prosecute Hillary in exchange for continuing as AG.

By the definition of scandal it may be marginally true, however, what do you call sicking the IRS on political opponents, corruption of the DOJ under Lynch, fast and furious....... what do you label the never ending stream of lies? Oh well after 6 more days we won't have to worry about the man that revitalized racism and embraced mediocrity as the new norm. Jimmy C should be relieved his administration was elevated from the pit of failure courtesy of brother Obama. One shouldn't have expected so much from a community organizer.

I call it false since an investigation concluded that it was limited in scope to a few employees and there was no evidence of involvement or knowledge of anyone higher up.

What "corruption" of the DOJ are you talking about?
Loretta Lynch meeting Bill Clinton on the tarmac where she agreed not to prosecute Hillary in exchange for continuing as AG.

Evidence?

Sounds like this is your personal conjecture.

You don't seem to be much of a techard. So if someone addressed an e-mail to you with the new format, then said they didn't know about your new format, you would say ... what ???

It looks the same - what ever the system does, I can't actually tell which email name it's coming from.

Have your IT techie look at the message header

Do most people tend to do that or do they just deal with the content?

Not sure what that has to do with the discussion. The discussion point was how we know Obama lied about not knowing about her server. You argued that you can't tell if it was forwarded or sent directly there. I was telling you how they did know whether it was forwarded or not. The path the message followed is recorded in the message header. Granted most people don't look at that, but it's actually easy to tell. Your IT guy can probably show you how to find it out for yourself in your e-mail system if you want to know

According to Obama on Clinton’s Emails - he said he knew about her private email but not a private server - how is that lying?
It was illegal for him to send official emails to her private email address.

Obama had no scandals in 8 years...

Just like there have been no successful terrorist attacks on US soil the last 8 years

...just like 'it was a protest over a video...

...just like if you liked your plan you got to keep your plan...

:p

What are you, on drugs? Off the top of my head

Benghazi
IRS targeting conservative groups
Trading terrorists for the deserter Bagdahl
If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan
Airforce one photo op over the Statue of Liberty
Fast and Furious
Obama after running for getting out of Iraq continues Bush's timeline
Iraq is falling and he gets us back in
Obama extends the Afghanistan nation building
Obama attacks Libya
Obama tries to attack Syria
Obama is blasted by Egypt for interfering in their elections
Obama is bitch slapped by Putin in the Ukraine
Obama doesn't shut down Guantanamo
But he does let a bunch of real bad guys go who rejoin the terrorists
Obama repeatedly attacks white cops (and a black one) without waiting for evidence
Obama claims to not know about Hillary's e-mail while he had e-mailed her a bunch of times

Of those - Benghazi was a manufactured scandal - there was no scandal. It was a tragedy that the Republicans exploited for political hay (that's the only scandal in it).

IRS targeting conservative groups:
Bottom line

Will likened the events at the IRS to Watergate. That’s his right as a Washington pundit, but we found little evidence (in fact, no one has) linking the actions of the IRS to the Obama White House in the way the Watergate break-in and cover up was orchestrated by Nixon’s White House.

That’s part of Will’s point -- a more thorough investigation is merited. But several investigations are under way.

Democrats say the Republicans are on an endless witch hunt that conveniently falls during a midterm election cycle, and Republicans say Democrats are protecting Obama and to ice out conservative groups from the elections process.

The evidence available so far indicates IRS employees behaved poorly but did so in a silo; it was not reflective of corruption from the White House or external forces.

Fast and Furious - this was another "scandal" that ended up blowing up in the Republican's face. It ended up not being a major scandal.

None of these are scandals:
Trading terrorists for the deserter Bagdahl (we typically do whatever we can to get back military members captured in service, the fact that he was a deserter changed none of this - he should face justice on our side, not theirs).
If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan (being wrong is not a scandal )
Airforce one photo op over the Statue of Liberty (this is a scandal?)
Obama after running for getting out of Iraq continues Bush's timeline (this is a scandal?)
Iraq is falling and he gets us back in (this is a scandal?)
Obama extends the Afghanistan nation building (this is a scandal?)
Obama attacks Libya (this is a scandal?)
Obama tries to attack Syria (this is a scandal?)
Obama is blasted by Egypt for interfering in their elections (this is a scandal?)
Obama is bitch slapped by Putin in the Ukraine (this is a scandal?)
Obama doesn't shut down Guantanamo (this is a scandal?)
Obama repeatedly attacks white cops (and a black one) without waiting for evidence
Obama claims to not know about Hillary's e-mail while he had e-mailed her a bunch of times

Essentially, you have two minorscandals, neither of which had the direct involvement of the White House: Fast and Furious, and the IRS.

His SOS was under investigation by the FBI, and Obama was emailing her using that server. He claimed he didn't know a thing about it.

Ok...how would he? Just for example - I have two work email address', both legit (one just happened to be older format) that merge into one email stream. We have multiple servers - departmental, and university wide. I have no idea what server it goes through or anything. It's just email. Now, before anyone says it first - yes, I'm a techtard. But I don't think that is so different from a number of people in my generation.

Obama used a pseudonym in emails with Clinton, FBI documents reveal

By JOSH GERSTEIN and NOLAN D. MCCASKILL
09/23/16 06:27 PM EDT
Updated 09/24/16 03:35 PM EDT

Obama used a pseudonym in emails with Clinton, FBI documents reveal
OMG! He did that? Where is the firing squad?

You actually don't understand the discussion, do you? You really don't? It's OK. Here's a waffle. And maple syrup. Everything's good. Don't worry about it

Of those - Benghazi was a manufactured scandal - there was no scandal. It was a tragedy that the Republicans exploited for political hay (that's the only scandal in it).

IRS targeting conservative groups:
Bottom line

Will likened the events at the IRS to Watergate. That’s his right as a Washington pundit, but we found little evidence (in fact, no one has) linking the actions of the IRS to the Obama White House in the way the Watergate break-in and cover up was orchestrated by Nixon’s White House.

That’s part of Will’s point -- a more thorough investigation is merited. But several investigations are under way.

Democrats say the Republicans are on an endless witch hunt that conveniently falls during a midterm election cycle, and Republicans say Democrats are protecting Obama and to ice out conservative groups from the elections process.

The evidence available so far indicates IRS employees behaved poorly but did so in a silo; it was not reflective of corruption from the White House or external forces.

Fast and Furious - this was another "scandal" that ended up blowing up in the Republican's face. It ended up not being a major scandal.

None of these are scandals:
Trading terrorists for the deserter Bagdahl (we typically do whatever we can to get back military members captured in service, the fact that he was a deserter changed none of this - he should face justice on our side, not theirs).
If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan (being wrong is not a scandal )
Airforce one photo op over the Statue of Liberty (this is a scandal?)
Obama after running for getting out of Iraq continues Bush's timeline (this is a scandal?)
Iraq is falling and he gets us back in (this is a scandal?)
Obama extends the Afghanistan nation building (this is a scandal?)
Obama attacks Libya (this is a scandal?)
Obama tries to attack Syria (this is a scandal?)
Obama is blasted by Egypt for interfering in their elections (this is a scandal?)
Obama is bitch slapped by Putin in the Ukraine (this is a scandal?)
Obama doesn't shut down Guantanamo (this is a scandal?)

Essentially, you have two minorscandals, neither of which had the direct involvement of the White House: Fast and Furious, and the IRS.

So your standard for "scandal" is convincing leftists you need to care about them. For Republicans an accusation by a leftist accomplishes that, for Democrats dead bodies doesn't do it. You realize I already knew that was your standard, you didn't need to tell me that.

The only one in that list that is minor is the Statue of Liberty one. You don't even consider his lies over Obamacare, Guantanamo, the Middle East to be a scandal. You're a Democrat bobble head

Really?

Scandal:
an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage.
"a bribery scandal involving one of his key supporters"
synonyms: (outrageous) wrongdoing, impropriety, misconduct, immoral behavior, unethical behavior, discreditable behavior, outrageous behavior;

What makes these scandals at all?
Iraq is falling and he gets us back in (what's funny is - you guys bitched about getting us out then you bitch about going back in :lol:)
Obama attacks Libya

If all those constitute scandals - then hell, Bush is way over the legal limit and Trump is already edging to the top. :banned03::tongue:

I'm not a W supporter, I didn't vote for him and I repeatedly say that, moron. I also have consistently criticized our presence in the middle east and oppose all our wars over there. How many times do you have to hear something before it sinks in? Stop being an idiot.

And yes, all of those were morally reprehensible. For example, W, Pelosi and Reid and the rest of both parties hand in hand got us in the middle east wars. Democrat lies that it was all W and not you are morally despicable. Own up to your actions. And Obama running against that then expanding our presence and expanding the wars to new locations is morally despicable. All of those were morally reprehensible acts.

Liberals are so dumb. You think the world is Republicans and Democrats so to not be a Democrat is to be a Republican. Then we all agree with Republicans, because you know, we're Republicans ... because we aren't Democrats. The mental acuity of all you simpletons combined barely jerks the needle

You make a lot of assumptions about me, despite what I've written - at least as many as I seem to about you. Maybe you ought to examine the epithet's you throw out so broadly and see how they might apply to yourself.

I've always rejected the Democrats that went along with Bush on the invasion of Iraq - they were moral cowards and no better than W and the Republicans and it was one of the things that was a black mark against Clinton too.
Not so. I totally believed Bush that Saddam was behind 9/11. At first. Later I felt duped. Who would think the President would lie into a war like that?

At least he came clean later.

Now he lives in pretty much in secret in disgrace.

It's not a crime to believe the president after such a horrific event. The crime is what Bush did knowing he was being misleading. Not just to America, but to the whole world.

Bush didn't say Saddam was behind 9/11 you stupid fuck. Jesus Christ you are an idiot

So your standard for "scandal" is convincing leftists you need to care about them. For Republicans an accusation by a leftist accomplishes that, for Democrats dead bodies doesn't do it. You realize I already knew that was your standard, you didn't need to tell me that.

The only one in that list that is minor is the Statue of Liberty one. You don't even consider his lies over Obamacare, Guantanamo, the Middle East to be a scandal. You're a Democrat bobble head

Really?

Scandal:
an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage.
synonyms: (outrageous) wrongdoing, impropriety, misconduct, immoral behavior, unethical behavior, discreditable behavior, outrageous behavior;

Iraq is falling and he gets us back in (what's funny is - you guys bitched about getting us out then you bitch about going back in :lol:)
Obama attacks Libya

If all those constitute scandals - then hell, Bush is way over the legal limit and Trump is already edging to the top. :banned03::tongue:

I'm not a W supporter, I didn't vote for him and I repeatedly say that, moron. I also have consistently criticized our presence in the middle east and oppose all our wars over there. How many times do you have to hear something before it sinks in? Stop being an idiot.

And yes, all of those were morally reprehensible. For example, W, Pelosi and Reid and the rest of both parties hand in hand got us in the middle east wars. Democrat lies that it was all W and not you are morally despicable. Own up to your actions. And Obama running against that then expanding our presence and expanding the wars to new locations is morally despicable. All of those were morally reprehensible acts.

Liberals are so dumb. You think the world is Republicans and Democrats so to not be a Democrat is to be a Republican. Then we all agree with Republicans, because you know, we're Republicans ... because we aren't Democrats. The mental acuity of all you simpletons combined barely jerks the needle

You make a lot of assumptions about me, despite what I've written - at least as many as I seem to about you. Maybe you ought to examine the epithet's you throw out so broadly and see how they might apply to yourself.

I've always rejected the Democrats that went along with Bush on the invasion of Iraq - they were moral cowards and no better than W and the Republicans and it was one of the things that was a black mark against Clinton too.
Not so. I totally believed Bush that Saddam was behind 9/11. At first. Later I felt duped. Who would think the President would lie into a war like that?

It's not a crime to believe the president after such a horrific event. The crime is what Bush did knowing he was being misleading. Not just to America, but to the whole world.

Bush didn't say Saddam was behind 9/11 you stupid fuck. Jesus Christ you are an idiot

Yes, he did. I remember the first time he made that connection on TV. My head spun around like the Exorcist.

Really?

Scandal:

Obama attacks Libya

Yes, he did. I remember the first time he made that connection on TV. My head spun around like the Exorcist.

I vaguelly remember that also...

Not your spinning head that is, but the attempt to connect with 9/11.

Really?

Scandal:

Obama attacks Libya

I never believed it for a second - that was the weakest point of the argument. I couldn't believe they actually voted to invade a sovereign nation - still remember the feeling in the pit of my stomach when that happened. Kind of like the feeling when Trump got elected come to think of it...

Here's the thing. You voted for someone in 2004 who wanted to "invade a sovereign nation." You voted for someone in 2008 and 2012 who actually invaded "a sovereign nation." Then in 2016 you voted for someone who voted to "invade a sovereign nation" again.

In 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016 ... I didn't. You're a fucking liar. Grow up. You are stuck in your ridiculous wars with Republicans. The rest of us may be a small group, but we are laughing at you

Really?

Scandal:

Obama attacks Libya

Then explain why it was an argument to me that Bush, who I didn't vote for, didn't support and I condemn both for his military policies and his spending orgy is just as bad. No shit.

The point of that argument is your narrow minded view that there are Republicans and Democrats, not Democrat is Republican. There was no other purpose for what you said. Yeah, W sucked. So did HW. We've had a string, HW, Slick, Slick, W, W, O, O of the worst Presidents in our history. There have been worse individual Presidents, but geez, the repetition of it. And they are all the same. Big government spending and repeated and excessive overuse of the military

My narrow minded view? You don't even read what I write. You've already filled it all in.

Yes, your stupid narrow minded view. You can see Republicans and Democrats. There is nothing else in your narrow minded view. And the joke is there is so little difference between you. And yet that tiny microscopic difference is the entire spectrum of humanity is why you are so completely fucking stupid. Yeah, there are you and Republicans. You graduated high school on social promotions

Really?

Scandal:

Obama attacks Libya

I never believed it for a second - that was the weakest point of the argument. I couldn't believe they actually voted to invade a sovereign nation - still remember the feeling in the pit of my stomach when that happened. Kind of like the feeling when Trump got elected come to think of it...

Here's the thing. You voted for someone in 2004 who wanted to "invade a sovereign nation." You voted for someone in 2008 and 2012 who actually invaded "a sovereign nation." Then in 2016 you voted for someone who voted to "invade a sovereign nation" again.

In 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016 ... I didn't. You're a fucking liar. Grow up. You are stuck in your ridiculous wars with Republicans. The rest of us may be a small group, but we are laughing at you

Who did I vote for in 2004?

Who did you vote for in each of those years?

See, you make a lot of assumptions about people.

As always.

Really?

Scandal:

Obama attacks Libya

Then explain why it was an argument to me that Bush, who I didn't vote for, didn't support and I condemn both for his military policies and his spending orgy is just as bad. No shit.

The point of that argument is your narrow minded view that there are Republicans and Democrats, not Democrat is Republican. There was no other purpose for what you said. Yeah, W sucked. So did HW. We've had a string, HW, Slick, Slick, W, W, O, O of the worst Presidents in our history. There have been worse individual Presidents, but geez, the repetition of it. And they are all the same. Big government spending and repeated and excessive overuse of the military

My narrow minded view? You don't even read what I write. You've already filled it all in.

Yes, your stupid narrow minded view. You can see Republicans and Democrats. There is nothing else in your narrow minded view. And the joke is there is so little difference between you. And yet that tiny microscopic difference is the entire spectrum of humanity is why you are so completely fucking stupid. Yeah, there are you and Republicans. You graduated high school on social promotions

Whatever you want dude...it's not like you read what other's post anyway.

This is a major departure from the presidencies of George W. Bush, Clinton, Reagan and Nixon.

WASHINGTON ― Scandal has consumed the final four years of every two-term president in modern history ― George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon. Barack Obama’s administration is the exception.

While there were some minor scandals and resignations during Obama’s eight years in office, wrongdoing never fully occupied his presidency. None of it even directly touched the White House. There were no grand juries investigating his aides. There were no impeachments. There were neither convictions of White House staffers, nor pardons to protect government officials.

This was a significant departure from the previous four two-term presidents. George W. Bush’s second term featured convictions related to the Jack Abramoff lobbying scandal, in which more than a dozen lobbyists and government officials went to jail for corruption. There were also convictions related to the politically motivated purge of U.S. attorneys and the retaliatory leak of CIA agent Valerie Plame’s identity.

As everyone who was sentient in the 1990s recalls, Clinton was impeached over his affair with intern Monica Lewinsky. Reagan’s second term was plagued by corruption investigations ranging from Iran-Contra to Wedtech, a contracting scandal that led to the resignation of Attorney General Ed Meese. And, of course, there were Nixon’s final two years in office, which featured the convictions of 48 government officials and the first presidential resignation over corruption.

All of these past scandals directly involved White House staff.

Karl Rove, Bush’s top political adviser, and Lewis Libby, a senior adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney, both were implicated in leaking Plame’s name to the press in retaliation for an op-ed that her husband, former Ambassador Joe Wilson, wrote that showed that the president had lied about Iraq’s pursuit of nuclear weapons in his 2003 State of the Union address. While Rove was not prosecuted, Libby was convicted of obstruction of justice. Bush later commuted the sentence.

The Clinton administration’s major scandal was related to the president’s own actions.

The Iran-Contra scandal consumed the entire national security arm of the Reagan administration. At least eight members of the administration were indicted, and there were multiple convictions, although some were later overturned due to jury tampering, and President George H.W. Bush pardoned others.

The 1972 Watergate scandal and ensuing revelations of campaign finance violations, cover-ups and retaliations destroyed the Nixon administration.

It’s not an accident that Obama’s presidency was largely scandal-free. His former ethics adviser, Norm Eisen, began to craft an ethics plan for the administration months before the 2008 election. When Obama won, Eisen began implementing these plans with other White House aides ― including Chris Lu, who served as assistant to the president and later as deputy secretary of labor, and the late Cassandra Butts. Obama himself got engaged in the planning, reportedly making line-edits to the guidelines, according to Eisen.

The plan required every Obama administration official and employee to sign anethics pledge that included bans on accepting certain gifts and revolving-door rules that barred former staffers from lobbying the administration until Obama’s term ended. Officials leaving for other lines of work were banned from contacting their former agency for two years.

The administration also adopted a loose ban on registered lobbyists entering the administration. Not all of these commitments stuck. Obama granted waivers that allowed some lobbyists to be appointed to government positions. And lawyers who represented banks or other industries, but were not registered as official lobbyists, moved freely from the private sector to the public sector and back again.

By no means did the Obama administration thwart the power of special interests and big money in Washington. But the administration did avoid major scandals, which Eisen attributed to the “tone at the top.”

“Everyone knows the president himself is a man of great integrity,” Eisen said. “He cares about this, he talks about it.”

More: In 2 Terms, Obama Had Fewer Scandals Than Trump Has Had In The Last 2 Weeks

And Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet.

This is just the beginning. Once he's sworn in, the media is going to unleash the Kracken on comrade Trump and it will be downhill from there.

He has the lowest approval rating of any President elect in this nation's history.

Really? Maybe I'm wrong here because I never really followed polls, but I don't recall them ever doing approval polls for a President elect before.

Yeah they do. You can look it up yourself. I believe Comrade Trump is down to 37%, at this same time GW had a 54% approval rating.

That begs the question: why would they do polls on people that didn't do anything yet?

Really?

Scandal:

Obama attacks Libya

Show a link for that one, Nancy Blair. I'm calling you a liar and challenging your manhood. Frankly that you didn't show a link the first time is because of course you can't. W never said that.

Here's the thing, Nancy. W sucked. And you're worse than him. It's pathetic

Forum List

Back