In 2 Terms, Obama Had Fewer Scandals Than Trump Has Had In The Last 2 Weeks

1. Benghazi isn't a scandal.
  2. Hillary's emails aren't a scandal.
  3. Fast and Furious isn't a scandal.
  4. Obama's illegal executive orders aren't a scandal
  5. Eric Holder held in contempt of Congress isn't a scandal.
  6. Obamacare isn't a scandal
  7. Spying on journalists isn't a scandal.
  8. The IRS treatment of conservative 501-3c groups isn't a scandal.
  9. NSA spying in Americans isn't a scandal
  10. The Iran Nuclear deal isn't a scandal.
  11. EPA polluting the Colorado river isn't a scandal.
  12. The VA death list isn't a scandal.
  13. Solyndra isn't a scandal.
  14. Preventing war veterans from visiting memorials during the shutdown wasn't a scandal.

True. They were only scandals in the minds of NaziCons who twisted them into conspiracy theories with fake news, lies, and misinformation.
The next 16 yrs are going to be a hoot...
CRYING-COVER-696x362.jpg

msnbc_rabid_liberals006.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Ya boiy, we gonna have a lot of FUN...:woohoo:

Holy shit, you're even more childish than I thought.
Do you have any contribution to society whatsoever? I mean, besides bitching and whining like a little girl after losing....
Your mockery of Americans who are ashamed of Trump being their president will not silence criticism of the Narcissist-in-Chief.
  1. Benghazi isn't a scandal.
  2. Hillary's emails aren't a scandal.
  3. Fast and Furious isn't a scandal.
  4. Obama's illegal executive orders aren't a scandal
  5. Eric Holder held in contempt of Congress isn't a scandal.
  6. Obamacare isn't a scandal
  7. Spying on journalists isn't a scandal.
  8. The IRS treatment of conservative 501-3c groups isn't a scandal.
  9. NSA spying in Americans isn't a scandal
  10. The Iran Nuclear deal isn't a scandal.
  11. EPA polluting the Colorado river isn't a scandal.
  12. The VA death list isn't a scandal.
  13. Solyndra isn't a scandal.
  14. Preventing war veterans from visiting memorials during the shutdown wasn't a scandal.

True. They were only scandals in the minds of NaziCons who twisted them into conspiracy theories with fake news, lies, and misinformation.
CRYING-COVER-696x362.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Do you have any contribution to society whatsoever? I mean, besides bitching and whining like a little girl after losing....
Your mockery of Americans who are ashamed of Trump being their president will not silence criticism of the Narcissist-in-Chief.

Is anyone trying to stop you from criticizing Obama?

CRYING-COVER-696x362.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

CRYING-COVER-696x362.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Is anyone trying to stop you from criticizing Obama?
There is plenty of that on this forum already.

This is a major departure from the presidencies of George W. Bush, Clinton, Reagan and Nixon.

WASHINGTON ― Scandal has consumed the final four years of every two-term president in modern history ― George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon. Barack Obama’s administration is the exception.

While there were some minor scandals and resignations during Obama’s eight years in office, wrongdoing never fully occupied his presidency. None of it even directly touched the White House. There were no grand juries investigating his aides. There were no impeachments. There were neither convictions of White House staffers, nor pardons to protect government officials.

This was a significant departure from the previous four two-term presidents. George W. Bush’s second term featured convictions related to the Jack Abramoff lobbying scandal, in which more than a dozen lobbyists and government officials went to jail for corruption. There were also convictions related to the politically motivated purge of U.S. attorneys and the retaliatory leak of CIA agent Valerie Plame’s identity.

As everyone who was sentient in the 1990s recalls, Clinton was impeached over his affair with intern Monica Lewinsky. Reagan’s second term was plagued by corruption investigations ranging from Iran-Contra to Wedtech, a contracting scandal that led to the resignation of Attorney General Ed Meese. And, of course, there were Nixon’s final two years in office, which featured the convictions of 48 government officials and the first presidential resignation over corruption.

All of these past scandals directly involved White House staff.

Karl Rove, Bush’s top political adviser, and Lewis Libby, a senior adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney, both were implicated in leaking Plame’s name to the press in retaliation for an op-ed that her husband, former Ambassador Joe Wilson, wrote that showed that the president had lied about Iraq’s pursuit of nuclear weapons in his 2003 State of the Union address. While Rove was not prosecuted, Libby was convicted of obstruction of justice. Bush later commuted the sentence.

The Clinton administration’s major scandal was related to the president’s own actions.

The Iran-Contra scandal consumed the entire national security arm of the Reagan administration. At least eight members of the administration were indicted, and there were multiple convictions, although some were later overturned due to jury tampering, and President George H.W. Bush pardoned others.

The 1972 Watergate scandal and ensuing revelations of campaign finance violations, cover-ups and retaliations destroyed the Nixon administration.

It’s not an accident that Obama’s presidency was largely scandal-free. His former ethics adviser, Norm Eisen, began to craft an ethics plan for the administration months before the 2008 election. When Obama won, Eisen began implementing these plans with other White House aides ― including Chris Lu, who served as assistant to the president and later as deputy secretary of labor, and the late Cassandra Butts. Obama himself got engaged in the planning, reportedly making line-edits to the guidelines, according to Eisen.

The plan required every Obama administration official and employee to sign anethics pledge that included bans on accepting certain gifts and revolving-door rules that barred former staffers from lobbying the administration until Obama’s term ended. Officials leaving for other lines of work were banned from contacting their former agency for two years.

The administration also adopted a loose ban on registered lobbyists entering the administration. Not all of these commitments stuck. Obama granted waivers that allowed some lobbyists to be appointed to government positions. And lawyers who represented banks or other industries, but were not registered as official lobbyists, moved freely from the private sector to the public sector and back again.

By no means did the Obama administration thwart the power of special interests and big money in Washington. But the administration did avoid major scandals, which Eisen attributed to the “tone at the top.”

“Everyone knows the president himself is a man of great integrity,” Eisen said. “He cares about this, he talks about it.”

More: In 2 Terms, Obama Had Fewer Scandals Than Trump Has Had In The Last 2 Weeks

And Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet.

This is just the beginning. Once he's sworn in, the media is going to unleash the Kracken on comrade Trump and it will be downhill from there.

He has the lowest approval rating of any President elect in this nation's history.

Really? Maybe I'm wrong here because I never really followed polls, but I don't recall them ever doing approval polls for a President elect before.

Yeah they do. You can look it up yourself. I believe Comrade Trump is down to 37%, at this same time GW had a 54% approval rating.

That begs the question: why would they do polls on people that didn't do anything yet?

Trump has sent out Presidential tweets through-out this interim, and has made cabinet picks, many of them considered on the outside of fringe, like Sessions that directs constant attention back to him.

Furthermore winning a few states by a mere 170K votes, thereby winning the electoral college vote, (putting him into the oval office) and losing the popular vote by the most ever in the history of this nation by 3 million votes puts a negative light on him immediately. IOW if some miracles don't happen--that he campaigned on, he is the first lame duck President ever to be sworn into the Oval Office.

Then the scandals--(and there's much more coming) that the media has been biting their lips about, until he's sworn in--will be the nightly news. Then you're going to have a thourough investigation into his or anyone he has picked, and their ties with Putin, and FBI Director Comey is going to have one too. Political pay-backs are HELL. If they're going to do 8 investigations into Benghazi--along with endless email discussions, you count on what you send around is going to come back around. Senate and congressional Democrats will make certain of it.

Last edited:
This is a major departure from the presidencies of George W. Bush, Clinton, Reagan and Nixon.

WASHINGTON ― Scandal has consumed the final four years of every two-term president in modern history ― George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon. Barack Obama’s administration is the exception.

While there were some minor scandals and resignations during Obama’s eight years in office, wrongdoing never fully occupied his presidency. None of it even directly touched the White House. There were no grand juries investigating his aides. There were no impeachments. There were neither convictions of White House staffers, nor pardons to protect government officials.

This was a significant departure from the previous four two-term presidents. George W. Bush’s second term featured convictions related to the Jack Abramoff lobbying scandal, in which more than a dozen lobbyists and government officials went to jail for corruption. There were also convictions related to the politically motivated purge of U.S. attorneys and the retaliatory leak of CIA agent Valerie Plame’s identity.

As everyone who was sentient in the 1990s recalls, Clinton was impeached over his affair with intern Monica Lewinsky. Reagan’s second term was plagued by corruption investigations ranging from Iran-Contra to Wedtech, a contracting scandal that led to the resignation of Attorney General Ed Meese. And, of course, there were Nixon’s final two years in office, which featured the convictions of 48 government officials and the first presidential resignation over corruption.

Karl Rove, Bush’s top political adviser, and Lewis Libby, a senior adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney, both were implicated in leaking Plame’s name to the press in retaliation for an op-ed that her husband, former Ambassador Joe Wilson, wrote that showed that the president had lied about Iraq’s pursuit of nuclear weapons in his 2003 State of the Union address. While Rove was not prosecuted, Libby was convicted of obstruction of justice. Bush later commuted the sentence.

The Clinton administration’s major scandal was related to the president’s own actions.

The Iran-Contra scandal consumed the entire national security arm of the Reagan administration. At least eight members of the administration were indicted, and there were multiple convictions, although some were later overturned due to jury tampering, and President George H.W. Bush pardoned others.

The 1972 Watergate scandal and ensuing revelations of campaign finance violations, cover-ups and retaliations destroyed the Nixon administration.

It’s not an accident that Obama’s presidency was largely scandal-free. His former ethics adviser, Norm Eisen, began to craft an ethics plan for the administration months before the 2008 election. When Obama won, Eisen began implementing these plans with other White House aides ― including Chris Lu, who served as assistant to the president and later as deputy secretary of labor, and the late Cassandra Butts. Obama himself got engaged in the planning, reportedly making line-edits to the guidelines, according to Eisen.

The plan required every Obama administration official and employee to sign anethics pledge that included bans on accepting certain gifts and revolving-door rules that barred former staffers from lobbying the administration until Obama’s term ended. Officials leaving for other lines of work were banned from contacting their former agency for two years.

The administration also adopted a loose ban on registered lobbyists entering the administration. Not all of these commitments stuck. Obama granted waivers that allowed some lobbyists to be appointed to government positions. And lawyers who represented banks or other industries, but were not registered as official lobbyists, moved freely from the private sector to the public sector and back again.

By no means did the Obama administration thwart the power of special interests and big money in Washington. But the administration did avoid major scandals, which Eisen attributed to the “tone at the top.”

“Everyone knows the president himself is a man of great integrity,” Eisen said. “He cares about this, he talks about it.”

More: In 2 Terms, Obama Had Fewer Scandals Than Trump Has Had In The Last 2 Weeks

This is just the beginning. Once he's sworn in, the media is going to unleash the Kracken on comrade Trump and it will be downhill from there.

He has the lowest approval rating of any President elect in this nation's history.

Really? Maybe I'm wrong here because I never really followed polls, but I don't recall them ever doing approval polls for a President elect before.

Yeah they do. You can look it up yourself. I believe Comrade Trump is down to 37%, at this same time GW had a 54% approval rating.

That begs the question: why would they do polls on people that didn't do anything yet?

Trump has sent out Presidential tweets through-out this interim, and has made cabinet picks, many of them considered on the outside of fringe, like Sessions that directs constant attention back to him.

Furthermore winning a few states by a mere 170K votes, thereby winning the electoral college vote, (putting him into the oval office) and losing the popular vote by the most ever in the history of this nation by 3 million votes puts a negative light on him immediately. IOW if some miracles don't happen--that he campaigned on, he is the first lame duck President ever to be sworn into the Oval Office.

Then the scandals--(and there's much more coming) that the media has been biting their lips about, until he's sworn in--will be the nightly news. Then you're going to have a thourough investigation into his or anyone he has picked, and their ties with Putin, and FBI Director Comey is going to have one too. Political pay-backs are HELL. If they're going to do 8 investigations into Benghazi--along with endless email discussions, you count on what you send around is going to come back around. Senate and congressional Democrats will make certain of it.

I don't know how. Democrats have absolutely no power now.

Hillary did not win the popular vote because there was no election of the popular vote. She just happened to have more people in one state voting overwhelmingly for her.

It's like my pool analogy I created a few weeks ago. You and I want to see who the better pool player is, so we play a game of 8 ball to decide.

I break and get stripes, but in process, put one of your solids in the pocket. I continue to hit my striped balls into the pockets, and again hit another one of your balls in the pocket. I miss, and then you put the rest of your solids in the pocket and the 8 ball to win the game

Then I tell you that I should have won because I put more balls in the pocket than you did and I'm the better pool player.

We were not playing to see who could put the most balls in the pocket, we were playing to see who could put their selected balls in the pocket. If we decided from the beginning we were going to play to see who could sink the most balls, we would have played the pool game entirely different.

Hillary did not win the popular vote because there was no election of the popular vote. She just happened to have more people in one state voting overwhelmingly for her.

It's like my pool analogy I created a few weeks ago. You and I want to see who the better pool player is, so we play a game of 8 ball to decide.

I break and get stripes, but in process, put one of your solids in the pocket. I continue to hit my striped balls into the pockets, and again hit another one of your balls in the pocket. I miss, and then you put the rest of your solids in the pocket and the 8 ball to win the game

Then I tell you that I should have won because I put more balls in the pocket than you did and I'm the better pool player.

We were not playing to see who could put the most balls in the pocket, we were playing to see who could put their selected balls in the pocket. If we decided from the beginning we were going to play to see who could sink the most balls, we would have played the pool game entirely different.
Pool starts with the letter P which rhymes with T that starts Trouble which is what is in store for the American people for as long as Donald Trump will be a minority president. He will not last even one term.

Pool starts with the letter P which rhymes with T that starts Trouble which is what is in store for the American people for as long as Donald Trump will be a minority president. He will not last even one term.

Like I said, he's not the minority President. He was elected like every other President in this country. The "minority" thing is a liberal crutch for those who can't admit defeat. But then again, when do liberals not have an excuse for losing?

Like I said, he's not the minority President. He was elected like every other President in this country. The "minority" thing is a liberal crutch for those who can't admit defeat. But then again, when do liberals not have an excuse for losing?
It is the American people who lost.

I suppose it depends on what you consider a scandal. I'd call every civilian killed in a drone strike a scandal, but then I value human life.

Obama’s Many Scandals: Abuse of Government Power Worse Than Sex Scandals | National Review

Oh really? Ask Jim Rosen or groups the IRS 'audited' during the Chicago political thug administration.

Forum List

Back