Impossible to relocate iPhone production to the US?

I prefer my iPhone

• More expensive but made in U.S.A.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Cheaper but made overseas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Apple has asked its contractors to calculate the cost of making an iPhone in America. It will be more than double, they say. But this is not the only concern Apple has under Trump´s pressure. The possibility is another. Currently, iPhone parts are assembled in one (two) big place that employs over 300.000 iSlaves just for Apple. iSlaves do not have homes, lives and iPhones. They rarely leave the factory compound they live in and the pay is insufficient to pay a rent.
The point is, however, the argument that the US lacks the workforce and infrastructure the iPhone production requires.
A real argument or nonsense?

Exclusive: Apple could make iPhones in US in future: sources- Nikkei Asian Review

If it is better quality, then it is worth more money and people will pay more for it. I think a lot of people are sick of cheap Chinese products that fall apart. Look what's happened to automobiles since they are no longer manufactured in America. Some people used to be able to own the same automobile for 20 years and fix them themselves too, if the problem wasn't too complicated. Now, your car falls apart after like 5-7 years. You can't work on it yourself because it has computer components and needs a special sensor to detect what is wrong. It's super expensive to get work done on your car because they have to dismantle the entire engine just to get at some simple little part. It's ridiculous. We've really hurt ourselves by driving the manufacturing industry away. It's just sad and depressing.

If it is better quality, then it is worth more money and people will pay more for it. I think a lot of people are sick of cheap Chinese products that fall apart. Look what's happened to automobiles since they are no longer manufactured in America. Some people used to be able to own the same automobile for 20 years and fix them themselves too, if the problem wasn't too complicated. Now, your car falls apart after like 5-7 years. You can't work on it yourself because it has computer components and needs a special sensor to detect what is wrong. It's super expensive to get work done on your car because they have to dismantle the entire engine just to get at some simple little part. It's ridiculous. We've really hurt ourselves by driving the manufacturing industry away. It's just sad and depressing.
iPhones have good quality and it won´t change by relocating the place were people put the parts together. The problem is that Apple is not the only phone/computer maker and others should also be forced to make the products dedicated to the US market in the US.

iPhones have good quality and it won´t change by relocating the place were people put the parts together. The problem is that Apple is not the only phone/computer maker and others should also be forced to make the products dedicated to the US market in the US.
Forced huh?

Forced huh?
Introduce Trump´s 45 % customs?

Take into account that regulations will be scaled back the cost goes down.
Still you either get a large place accumulating a large workforce or many places which would massively increase the cost in regard of maintaining and logistics.
She's talking about creating regulation free sweat shops in the U.S. That's the only way Trump's bringing any jobs back.

Forced huh?
Your article says prices would double upon moving production here. I think they'd prefer it go up 45% than 100%. And then we have to remember that Trump has no understanding of trade agreements, so that 45% tariff is never going to happen.

Forced huh?
Your article says prices would double upon moving production here. I think they'd prefer it go up 45% than 100%. And then we have to remember that Trump has no understanding of trade agreements, so that 45% tariff is never going to happen.
Then make it 100 %. Bringing jobs home must be a general goal, anyway. When the increasing purchasing power can redeem the higher prices, everything is fine.

Forced huh?
Then make it 100 %. Bringing jobs home must be a general goal, anyway. When the increasing purchasing power can redeem the higher prices, everything is fine.
So you want to kill the iPhone and have no jobs for anybody. Damn that's harsh.

Forced huh?
Making America great again is not an easy job. But keep in mind that America did not become strong by importing cheap Asian goods.

Forced huh?
Making America great again is not an easy job. But keep in mind that America did not become strong by importing cheap Asian goods.
Yeah America has never ever used cheap or slave labor :rolleyes:

Btw I think you'll be shocked to find out how our railroads were built.

I even know who built the White House. But times have changed. Smartphones are a mass product. Mass products require people who can afford it. That was not the case back then.

I even know who built the White House. But times have changed. Smartphones are a mass product. Mass products require people who can afford it. That was not the case back then.
So you want nobody to be able to afford an iPhone. Meaning you want the iPhone dead and its jobs gone.

So you want nobody to be able to afford an iPhone. Meaning you want the iPhone dead and its jobs gone.

So you want slave labor from foreigners so you can get cheap products.

So you want slave labor from foreigners so you can get cheap products.
Go ask them what they think about you wanting to take their jobs away

Forum List

Back