Did your test results indicate bias and if so did this surprise you?

• My test indicated bias

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • My test did not indicate bias

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • This test is nothing but hokum

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Face it. I fascinate you. I'm in your head rent free. Now youre worried about how you are going to deal with me and others like me.
Not at all.
Deal with you?
Are you threatening me?
Be clear, because before I respond and get BANNED (because I’m White), I need you to be perfectly clear so I can allow the mods to know I am merely responding to your insignificant existence as it should be addressed.
I disagree.
Yes deal with me and others like me..
Are you threatened?
Youre contradicting yourself. If my existence is insignificant you wouldnt be responding or reading my posts.
laugh.gif
Not threatened at all but I would be giving away the benefits of being a member of The Tribe.
You are an excellent indication of how far most of the Blacks that I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with have come.
You’re an angry loser...very sad.
Obviously you felt threatened. Why I dont know. I dont do threats. I will make promises though.
Sounds like you have never met a Black person like me before You exist on a level below my realm of existence so that makes sense.
I suggest you read your posts prior to clicking the Submit button.
I presume your know the definition of the word, “prior”.
Thanks for the tip. I got one for you too. Dont smoke in bed.

Thats a good presumption. I was presuming you understood that "your know" is not grammatically correct.

Implicit Bias

What it is:

Thoughts and feelings are “implicit” if we are unaware of them or mistaken about their nature. We have a bias when, rather than being neutral, we have a preference for (or aversion to) a person or group of people. Thus, we use the term “implicit bias” to describe when we have attitudes towards people or associate stereotypes with them without our conscious knowledge. A fairly commonplace example of this is seen in studies that show that white people will frequently associate criminality with black people without even realizing they’re doing it.

Why it matters:
The mind sciences have found that most of our actions occur without our conscious thoughts, allowing us to function in our extraordinarily complex world. This means, however, that our implicit biases often predict how we’ll behave more accurately than our conscious values. Multiple studies have also found that those with higher implicit bias levels against black people are more likely to categorize non-weapons as weapons (such as a phone for a gun, or a comb for a knife), and in computer simulations are more likely to shoot an unarmed person. Similarly, white physicians who implicitly associated black patients with being “less cooperative” were less likely to refer black patients with acute coronary symptoms for thrombolysis for specific medical care.
The tests: Select a Test

My results:
View attachment 209174
Take the test again

Why should she? Stating the truth about white racism is not bias.
Take the test again
Why? That doesnt make sense. You should only take the test once to get a true indication of what you feel.
Take the test again

Implicit Bias

What it is:

Thoughts and feelings are “implicit” if we are unaware of them or mistaken about their nature. We have a bias when, rather than being neutral, we have a preference for (or aversion to) a person or group of people. Thus, we use the term “implicit bias” to describe when we have attitudes towards people or associate stereotypes with them without our conscious knowledge. A fairly commonplace example of this is seen in studies that show that white people will frequently associate criminality with black people without even realizing they’re doing it.

Why it matters:
The mind sciences have found that most of our actions occur without our conscious thoughts, allowing us to function in our extraordinarily complex world. This means, however, that our implicit biases often predict how we’ll behave more accurately than our conscious values. Multiple studies have also found that those with higher implicit bias levels against black people are more likely to categorize non-weapons as weapons (such as a phone for a gun, or a comb for a knife), and in computer simulations are more likely to shoot an unarmed person. Similarly, white physicians who implicitly associated black patients with being “less cooperative” were less likely to refer black patients with acute coronary symptoms for thrombolysis for specific medical care.

My results:
View attachment 209174
Take the test again

Why should she? Stating the truth about white racism is not bias.
Take the test again
Why? That doesnt make sense. You should only take the test once to get a true indication of what you feel.
Take the test again
Why?

Maybe you are Coon and Uncle Tom ? If so many black people are telling you this. Maybe these is some truth to it

Hello, Paul. I screwed up by writing too much, therefore allowing you to dance around my question.

I'll try another question, related to my original question that you found confusing.

Paul, what is your opinion of these three educated American men choosing to HATEFULLY denigrate, harass and bully our peaceful accomplished black or American neighbors of African descent choosing to pursue their own unique vision for L, L, (Love) and Happiness?

2r600gz.jpg

Peace.

Hello, Paul. I screwed up by writing too much, therefore allowing you to dance around my question.

I'll try another question, related to my original question that you found confusing.

Paul, what is your opinion of these three educated American men choosing to HATEFULLY denigrate, harass and bully our peaceful accomplished black or American neighbors of African descent choosing to pursue their own unique vision for L, L, (Love) and Happiness?

2r600gz.jpg

Peace.
But here is the problem. Your asking a question then you are giving and answer to your own questions ?

But what do I think of them ? I support any black man who speaks out against white supremacy. I support any black man-woman that is out grinding for the black community.

Take Tariq Nasheed - The man has done three best selling black documentaries "hidden colors" Boyce Watkins is doing is his thing with this website "Your Black World" Umar is doing his thing with his school.

What have you done for the black community ? Where is your resume ?

See. You're is just scared talk.

• Your scared of what white people will do if they get angry because black people are always trying to rise up and speaking up ?
  • You also believe in white supremacy that is you believe that black people can't survive without white people
  • You like white supremacy but you just don't want it to be too bad. As long as you have car and house bit of money. Your good. Let the whites do the heavy lifting. Let them run the economy, the media, the police and world affairs
See I know how you think all this "They hate me because I'm successful so they call me a coon" is just a smokescreen for the above points.

Stop being scared - What can white people do to black people that they have not done already ?

NO ONE REMEMBERS A COWARD

Malcolm X. Martin Luther King, Mandela,. The Black Panthers, Harriet Tubman, Nat Turner, Steve Biko the list goes on

Why are these people remembered and honoured ?

Because they weren't cowards.

They stood up and weren't afraid to die

They didn't sit around, sucking up to white people by saying stupid shit like "Well ya know, if blacks just got there act together, and were better fathers and didn't do crime. Everything would be ok"

Nope. The point is subconscious bias barely affects behaviour.
Whose your source?
I really don’t know why people don’t research a subject just a little, before they post.

The failings of this nonsense test are all over the internet - reliability is low - as demonstrated by fluctuating scores on retest, it’s more likely to be identifying stereotypes than prejudice, and it is not effective as a predictor of behaviour - or even policy preferences.

It literally has no utility, even it’s inventors admit it’s pretty useless - but none of this stops Leftards from pushing the nonsense that even those of us unaware of being racist - are racist anyway. Lol.

But you want more spoonfeeding, so here you go:

Lawrence T. White Ph.D.
Culture Conscious

Is Implicit Bias a Useful Scientific Concept?
Measures of unconscious bias have a limited ability to predict actual behavior.
Posted Jun 23, 2017

The test-retest reliability (repeatability) of the Race IAT is only .42, which falls well below the psychometric standard of .80. Your score on the IAT can fluctuate significantly from one testing to the next. Hart Blanton, a psychologist at the University of Connecticut, has noted the ease with which people can decrease their racial bias score “by simply exposing people to pictures of African-Americans enjoying a picnic.”

The validity of IAT scores has also come under scrutiny. In 2013, Frederick Oswald and his research team published a meta-analysis of 46 studies.[1] They found that IAT scores are poor predictors of actual behavior and policy preferences. They also found that IAT scores predicted behaviors and policy preferences no better than scores on simple paper-and-pencil measures of prejudice.

Perhaps the most interesting feature of the debate concerns how to interpret IAT scores. Some social psychologists believe the IAT measures prejudice, while others believe the IAT measures our knowledge of common stereotypes.

Prejudice is a negative attitude toward a group and its individual members. A stereotype, however, is a belief that a certain attribute is characteristic of members of a particular group—a belief, for example, that Catholics are typically opposed to abortion. Stereotypes are acquired effortlessly, and we’re more likely to rely on them when cognitive load is high—that is, when we’re distracted, tired, or in a hurry.

In 2003, social psychologists Michael Olson and Russell Fazio were perhaps the first to argue that the IAT doesn’t measure prejudiced attitudes. They believe the IAT measures common stereotypes that are learned when one is raised within a particular cultural milieu.

Their conclusion was bolstered by the findings of a 2006 study conducted by Eric Uhlmann and his colleagues at Yale University. In their experiment, White college students were conditioned to associate the invented group Noffians with words related to oppression and to associate the invented group Fasites with words related to privilege. They then took a version of the Race IAT with Noffians and Fasites standing in for Blacks and Whites, respectively. The students showed a consistent bias against Noffians, not because they perceived Noffians as bad but because they perceived them as bad off.

Uhlmann’s finding raises the real possibility that people who quickly link White=Good and Black=Bad are not actually prejudiced against Blacks. They don’t believe Blacks are bad people; they believe bad things happen toBlacks. Ac cording to Uhlmann, “White Americans’ negative automatic associations with African Americans may partly result from associating members of low status groups with unfair circumstances.”

It’s somewhat ironic that the concept of implicit bias is more visible today than ever before because Tony Greenwald and Mahzarin Banaji, inventors of the IAT, have acknowledged the limited utility of their test. In 2015, they admitted that the psychometric issues with race and ethnicity IATs “render them problematic to use to classify persons as likely to engage in discrimination.”

Is Implicit Bias a Useful Scientific Concept?

Last edited:
NO ONE REMEMBERS A COWARD

Malcolm X. Martin Luther King, Mandela,. The Black Panthers, Harriet Tubman, Nat Turner, Steve Biko the list goes on

Why are these people remembered and honoured ?

Because they weren't cowards.

They stood up and weren't afraid to die

They didn't sit around, sucking up to white people by saying stupid shit like "Well ya know, if blacks just got there act together, and were better fathers and didn't do crime. Everything would be ok"

2j1qvxx.jpg

Hello, Paul. My beef is NOT with black or American boys and men of African descent.

My concerns are focused on a specific population of American females who most all of President Barack "My Brother's Keeper" and Mrs. Michelle "Girl Power" Obama's American urban story-TRUTH-teller friends and WH guests HATEFULLY denigrate as less than human *itches and *hores or 'hoes' undeserving of being treated with basic human respect.

I believe Ms. Jazzyslim offers a reasonable explanation for why far too many black or American boys mature into apparent emotionally troubled teens and adults viewing women as less than human creatures.

"Lamenting Multiple Baby Daddies"

Paul, I understand potentially life scarring incompetent, dysfunctional or criminal parenting touches the lives of kids residing in EVERY single American community.

HOWEVER, I cannot and WILL NOT ignore the FACT that for more than thirty years significant numbers of apparent or admitted depressed, emotionally ill American urban story-TRUTH-tellers raised, nurtured and socialized by black or American teen and adult moms of African descent have been composing music art HATEFULLY demeaning and denigrating black or American females of African descent.

Paul, do you know what else I am unwilling to ignore!

A significant population of teen and adult MOTHERS of American descent SOLELY responsible for raising, nurturing and socializing perfectly healthy American newborns, maturing into apparent depressed, frustrated, angry, emotionally ill, sometimes violent SUIC!DAL, HOMIC!DAL, DOMESTIC AMERICAN TERRORISTS (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*) causing COMMUNITY VIOLENCE, COMMUNITY FEAR, TERRORIZING, gunning down, killing American Babies and Elders, as well as impugning the image of our peaceful, responsible black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent!

I am referring to a significant population of apparent emotionally damaged teen and adult fellow American citizens, WHO THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, experienced a traumatic, potentially life scarring childhood upbringing at the hands of a significant population of SELFISH, immature, apathetic mostly "PRO BLACK" minded single mothers failing to recognize that placing ABOVE ALL ELSE the emotional well being of our Nation's most precious assets, will most likely result with a fairly or wonderfully happy child maturing into a reasonably responsible teen and adult citizen embracing compassion, empathy and respect for their peaceful, as well as less fortune neighbors.
___
4k6yk0.jpg

hx29o7.jpg

___
VIDEOS DEPICTING EMOTIONALLY ILL HOMICIDAL SUICIDAL YOUNG AMERICAN CITIZENS (age- restricted)

Homicidal Suicidal Man Walking Daughter Threatened With Violence By Rival Gang Member

Paul, in my opinion, the APPARENT 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victims appearing in these recordings UNKNOWINGLY are providing a disturbing symbol for America’s Culture of African American Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect & Maltreatment evolving from America’s oppressive, multi-generational, ignorant, once legal Culture of Racism.

Sadly, each of the apparent emotionally or mentally ill suicidal/homicidal thinking Americans (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*) appearing in these horrifying recordings are exhibiting self, people and community harming behaviors that I, as well as a growing number of my responsible, caring American neighbors believe are impeding our responsible, peaceful black or American neighbors, friends and co-workers of African descent from fully experiencing the respect and equality all peaceful Americans have a right to enjoy.

Paul, do you recognize America's current *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS, aka America's potentially life scarring SYSTEMIC & GENERATIONAL Culture of Black or African American Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect and Maltreatment that evolved from America's multi-generational, ignorant, once legal Culture of Racism?

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*; End Community Violence, Police Fear & Educator's Frustrations[/QUOTE]

But what do I think of them ? I support any black man who speaks out against white supremacy. I support any black man-woman that is out grinding for the black community.

Take Tariq Nasheed - The man has done three best selling black documentaries "hidden colors" Boyce Watkins is doing is his thing with this website "Your Black World" Umar is doing his thing with his school.

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildAbuse #MentalHealth

Hello, Paul. While your reply saddens me, I want to thank you for confirming you support and admire apparent emotionally or mentally ill PRO BLACK minded Americans believing they have a duty to LOUDLY and HATEFULLY demean, denigrate, bully, taunt, harass, and in some instances threaten with violence, our successful, accomplished black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent choosing to peacefully pursue THEIR OWN unique vision for L, L, (Love) & Happiness.

2r600gz.jpg

Peace.
____

What have you done for the black community ? Where is your resume ?

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildAbuse #MentalHealth

Hello, Paul. In the 1980s I became an overworked uniform cop, robbery and death investigator spending near-twelve years of my life serving young 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victims Shawn Jay Z Carter's and Christopher Biggie Smalls Wallace's Brooklyn, NY neighborhoods.

MY BROOKLYN, NY ROOKIE COP IGNORANCE

261nbs4.jpg

During these twelve years, I witnessed failed, as well as abhorrent MATERNAL behaviors that I have no doubts offer the ONLY reason WHY the late Biggie Smalls, as well as Shawn Jay Z Carter and a dozen other President and Mrs. Obama American urban-TRUTH-teller friends, compose music art HATEFULLY informing our entire world that black or American girls, women and MOTHERS of African descent should be viewed as less than human B*tches, and treated like 'HOES' or 'THOTS' undeserving of being offered basic human respect.

10sg4gh.jpg

Sadly, I have quite a bit of PAIN to share after spending twelve years of my life witnessing apparent emotionally or mentally ill fellow Americans causing great harm to my peaceful American neighbors.

Paul, I hope you are not upset with me for sharing the pain I experienced when year after year, I witnessed perfectly healthy American newborns, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, being raised, nurtured and socialized by a specific population of American females who most all of President Barack "My Brother's Keeper" and Mrs. Michelle "Girl Power" Obama's American urban story-TRUTH-teller friends and WH guests HATEFULLY denigrate as less than human *itches and *hores or 'hoes' undeserving of being treated with basic human respect.

4k6yk0.jpg

Peace.

Nope. The point is subconscious bias barely affects behaviour.
Whose your source?
I really don’t know why people don’t research a subject just a little, before they post.

The failings of this nonsense test are all over the internet - reliability is low - as demonstrated by fluctuating scores on retest, it’s more likely to be identifying stereotypes than prejudice, and it is not effective as a predictor of behaviour - or even policy preferences.

It literally has no utility, even it’s inventors admit it’s pretty useless - but none of this stops Leftards from pushing the nonsense that even those of us unaware of being racist - are racist anyway. Lol.

But you want more spoonfeeding, so here you go:
[snipped]
My source is the Washington Defender Association. They've also documented the bias in our court systems. An example, inter alia:https://defensenet.org/

Supreme Court of Washington Case No 92605-1

ii. Washington should reject the harmful racial bias underlying its automatic decline law.

Washington’s auto decline law creates significant racial disparity, consistent with studies showing at least implicit bias in that African American youth are viewed as “less innocent” than their white counterparts, as discussed in the amicus brief supporting review.12 In contrast, evidence establishes there is less racial disparity for youth who are declined through discretionary procedures; thus, the state’s interests in reducing discriminatory treatment of youth support a right to a decline hearing prior to adult prosecution of juveniles.

Moreover, the origins of the auto-decline law reflect false and offensive racial stereotypes. When the statute was adopted in 1994 and amended in 1997, it was a product of fears about juvenile “super-predators” who allegedly were about to cause a huge crime wave. These fears had an explicitly racial overtone. The proponent of the “super-predator” theory, John Dilulio, in 1996 published an article entitled “My Black Crime Problem and Ours,” which targeted African American juveniles as the prime candidates to become super-predators.13 Though Dilulio has since conceded that his prediction was wrong, his views were widely accepted by state legislatures that passed harsh juvenile transfer and sentencing laws. See Lara A. Bazelon, Note: Exploding the Superpredator Myth: Why Infancy is the Preadolescent’s Best Defense in Juvenile Court, 75 N.Y.U. LAW REV. 159 (2000). Auto decline laws were premised on the view that “super-predator” youth could never change, warranting lengthy prison terms, exactly what has happened to Zyion and Treson, and exactly the principles now rejected in Graham, Miller and Montgomery.

Those cases and the others cited in this brief support a return to Washington’s pre-1994 system, which required holding a hearing before transfer to adult court. If a right to a decline hearing is recognized, prosecutors can still pursue some cases in adult court; they must simply prove a justification for it.14

E. CONCLUSION
“There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.” Nelson Mandela, Launch of the Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund (May 08, 1995).15 Science and the law now agree that automatically treating youth like adults is harmful and unconstitutional. Due process requires the right to a hearing to consider the individual circumstances of a youth before subjecting individuals like Zyion and Treson to the lifelong and debilitating consequences of adult court. Because the automatic decline statute fails to provide for an opportunity for the court to consider these factors, the Court should find the automatic decline law to be in violation of Zyion and Treson’s due process rights.

DATED this 9th day of September 2016.
Respectfully submitted,
TRAVIS STEARNS, WSBA 29935
Cooperating Attorney for ACLU-WA

NewsVIne, if you don’t want to accept the findings of research and the admission by the creators of the IAT that it has almost no utility and no predictive ability, that is your prerogative.
I’m really not that interested beyond wanting people to be aware that it’s pseudoscience that has been politicised.

NewsVIne, if you don’t want to accept the findings of research and the admission by the creators of the IAT that it has almost no utility and no predictive ability, that is your prerogative.
I’m really not that interested beyond wanting people to be aware that it’s pseudoscience that has been politicised.
Implicit bias is not pseudoscience however the test itself could use a lot of improvement in my opinion because it depends in part on the honesty of the test taker and the fact that they know going in what they're being tested on.

I learned about implicit bias years before I ever took the test at one of the training conferences conducted by the Washington Defender Association that I Ilinked to and have always been curious about the effectiveness of the test. If your objection is the methodology for the detection and measurement of implicit bias that that is arguable, however the concept and implementation of implicit bias in some of our laws and policies is something that is detectable & measurable and has been acknowledged by our courts.

Implicit Bias

What it is:

Why it matters:

My results:
View attachment 209174
You are claiming that the higher one scores on this test, the more likely they are to engage in discriminatory behavior. There is little real world evidence that this is true. First, this test has serious repeatability issues. To be considered valuable in psychology a rest needs at least an r=80. This test has less than half that. That is, if you take the test multiple times there is a high likelihood that you will be scored differently each time. That's a lethal problem, but, there is more. The core claim is that the higher someone scores on the test, the higher the likelihood they will act in a discriminatory manner. And again, there is a dearth of real world evidence that this is true.

This needs to be carefully considered in light of psychology’s replication crisis, a bunch of studies showing something to be true isn’t automatically viewed as sufficient evidence that that thing is true. Researchers have realized that all sorts of biases can creep into the process of conceptualizing, conducting, and publishing studies, and sometimes these biases lead to the overhyping of intriguing-seeming but ultimately spurious findings. This has happened over and over again, contributing to what has become a moment of grim soul-searching among many research psychologists — particularly social psychologists, whose field has experienced a particularly worrying string of failed replications.

When you use meta-analyses to examine the question of whether IAT scores predict discriminatory behavior accurately enough for the test to be useful in real-world settings, the answer is: No. Race IAT scores are very weak predictors of discriminatory behavior.

A protracted meta-analytical back-and-forth that has played out in the pages of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, a flagship publication in the field of psychology. A a team of the IAT’s architects — Greenwald, Nosek, Banaji, and others, with different names on different papers — have duked it out with some of the test’s leading critics: Oswald, Mitchell, Blanton, Jaccard, and Tetlock.

Two important points stand out. One is that the most IAT-friendly numbers, published in a 2009 meta-analysis lead-authored by Greenwald, which found fairly unimpressive correlations (race IAT scores accounted for about 5.5 percent of the variation in discriminatory behavior in lab settings, and other intergroup IAT scores accounted for about 4 percent of the variance in discriminatory behavior in lab settings), were based on some fairly questionable methodological decisions on the part of the authors. The Oswald team, in a meta-analysis of their own published in 2013, argued convincingly that Greenwald and his colleagues had overestimated the correlations between IAT scores and discriminatory behavior by including studies that didn’t actually measure discriminatory behavior, such as those which found a link between high IAT scores and certain brain patterns. The Oswald group also claimed, convincingly, that the Greenwald team took a questionable approach to handling published findings in which high IAT scores correlated with better behavior toward out-group than in-group members, by making the self-serving claim that the implicitly biased individuals were overcompensating. Greenwald and his team counted both counter and supportive effects as evidence of a meaningful IAT–behavior correlation, which allowed the IAT to double-dip at the validity bowl! Heads they win, tails you lose. It takes a pretzel story to claim that both high and low IAT scores predict both better and worse behavior toward members of minority groups. If one study finds a correlation between IAT scores and discriminatory behavior against out-group members, and another, similarly-sized study finds a similarly sized correlation between IAT scores and discriminatory behavior against the in-group members, for meta-analytic purposes those two studies should average out to a correlation of about zero. That isn’t what the Greenwald team did — instead, they in effect added the two correlations as though they were pointing in the same direction.

Psychology’s Favorite Tool for Measuring Racism Isn’t Up to the Job

Moreover, the origins of the auto-decline law reflect false and offensive racial stereotypes. When the statute was adopted in 1994 and amended in 1997, it was a product of fears about juvenile “super-predators” who allegedly were about to cause a huge crime wave.

Hillary Clinton, Tupac, Biggie, Jay-Z Child Abuse.jpg

Sharing her PAIN, the late Social Activist & Integrationist Ms. Sandra Bland passionately pleads w/ America's Intra Racial Discrimination & HATE practicing PRO BLACK community to END TERRORISM & THUGLIFE CHILDABUSE!

Sandra Bland, Let's Go To WAR

_sandra bland MY QUESTION_2.jpg

Are responsible citizens aware #ChildAbuse stats reveal American Kids of African Descent experience our Nation's HIGHEST rate of UNHEALTHY potentially life scarring Abuse!

⚠️ Strong Language ⚠️ Viewer Discretion Is Advised ⚠️ Fact & Truth Warning

'Black women are destroying themselves and black men' The Devils Advocate

Peace ♥

Forum List

Back