CDZ Impeachment Precedent

Flash

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2014
Florida
I am really concerned about the precedent this impeachment is setting.

It is along strict party lines. Very weak charges. No high crimes or misdemeanors.

To me it is not a legitimate impeachment but a Democrat Dirty Tricks Operation.

Is this going to be the precedent every time one party is in control of the House and another Party holds the Presidency?

Democrats should be just as concerned as Republicans because it could happen to them next. For instance, the Republican Congress could have impeached Obama over him abusing his power by using the IRS to disenfranchise his political rivals.

Is this really the way we want to run this country?

I am really concerned about the precedent this impeachment is setting. It is along strict party lines. Very weak charges. No high crimes or misdemeanors. To me it is not a legitimate impeachment but a Democrat Dirty Tricks Operation. Is this going to be the precedent every time one party is in control of the House and another Party holds the Presidency? Democrats should be just as concerned as Republicans because it could happen to them next. For instance, the Republican Congress could have impeached Obama over him abusing his power by using the IRS to disenfranchise his political rivals. Is this really the way we want to run this country?
I'm much more concerned about presidential abuse of power, but lying about a blowjob is apparently much more serious to some. Why isn't the whole Whitewater fiasco seen in the same light? I think the Republicans are being very two-faced about this and THAT'S not "the way we want to run this country".

• Banned
I am really concerned about the precedent this impeachment is setting. It is along strict party lines. Very weak charges. No high crimes or misdemeanors. To me it is not a legitimate impeachment but a Democrat Dirty Tricks Operation. Is this going to be the precedent every time one party is in control of the House and another Party holds the Presidency? Democrats should be just as concerned as Republicans because it could happen to them next. For instance, the Republican Congress could have impeached Obama over him abusing his power by using the IRS to disenfranchise his political rivals. Is this really the way we want to run this country?
I'm much more concerned about presidential abuse of power, but lying about a blowjob is apparently much more serious to some. Why isn't the whole Whitewater fiasco seen in the same light? I think the Republicans are being very two-faced about this and THAT'S not "the way we want to run this country".

All parties are two face when it suits their agenda. The difference between the Slick Willy impeachment and the Trump impeachment is that the Willy impeachment had support of members of both parties. Unlike this Trump impeachment, which is along strict party lines. Not only will no Republicans vote for it in the House but we are liable to get significant Democrat votes against it.

The Democrats themselves have said that an impeachment along party lines is not the right to go.

I would really rather have the discussion be over the legitimacy of an impeachment along party lines rather than partisan defense.

All parties are two face when it suits their agenda. The difference between the Slick Willy impeachment and the Trump impeachment is that the Willy impeachment had support of members of both parties. Unlike this Trump impeachment, which along strict party lines. The Democrats themselves have said that an impeachment along party lines is not the right to go. I would really rather have the discussion be over the legitimacy of an impeachment along party lines rather than partisan defense.
I'm sure you'd like that, instead of discussing abuse of power and obstruction of justice. Once again, process over facts.

but lying about a blowjob is apparently much more serious to some.

Lying about a blowjob to your wife, or your buddies is one thing, lying about a blowjob, or anything else, to a Grand Jury is something else.

Trump will forever be seen as an incompetent illegitimate president, and now he will be known as one of the few who were impeached. What a loser.

Lying about a blowjob to your wife, or your buddies is one thing, lying about a blowjob, or anything else, to a Grand Jury is something else.

Not that big of a deal Popadopolous just got locked up for two weeks for it

Yet the motivation is exactly the same human reason, no matter who you're talking to.
It was none of our business, tbh, if he was getting bj's in the Oval. I'm not sure how that all came up but it's ridiculous to impeach a President for lying about something that has nothing to do with the country's business AT ALL. Yeah, he tried to squirm out of it. Wouldn't you? If the girl had taken her dress to the cleaners like she should have, we would currently be working on Impeachment #2, not #3.

Now, withholding aid to Ukraine IS our business, in a big way. Refusing to cooperate with Congress's investigation into it IS our business.

Lying under oath in a sexual harassment lawsuit.

Trump will forever be seen as an incompetent illegitimate president, and now he will be known as one of the few who were impeached. What a loser.

And Hillary will forever be seen as the most qualified candidate, ever, who lost to two amateurs.
What a loser.

Yet the motivation is exactly the same human reason, no matter who you're talking to.
It was none of our business, tbh, if he was getting bj's in the Oval. I'm not sure how that all came up but it's ridiculous to impeach a President for lying about something that has nothing to do with the country's business AT ALL. Yeah, he tried to squirm out of it. Wouldn't you? If the girl had taken her dress to the cleaners like she should have, we would currently be working on Impeachment #2, not #3.

Now, withholding aid to Ukraine IS our business, in a big way. Refusing to cooperate with Congress's investigation into it IS our business.

I'm not sure how that all came up

He whipped it out and asked Paula Jones to kiss it.

It is along strict party lines. Very weak charges. No high crimes or misdemeanors.

Is this going to be the precedent every time one party is in control of the House and another Party holds the Presidency?

Democrats should be just as concerned as Republicans because it could happen to them next. For instance, the Republican Congress could have impeached Obama over him abusing his power by using the IRS to disenfranchise his political rivals.

Republicans far less likely to pursue this course of action because they're gutless little twirps, to go with being far less prone to just pulling things out of their asses to justify their actions.

Is Ukraine a part of the US? Just checking- I can't find it on a US map- also I can't find a recent Declaration of War- or the authority to tell citizens what they can ingest- or any caveats in the Bill of Rights- and I'm pretty sure the 2nd amendment clearly states "shall not be infringed"- there's plenty of evidence the 14th amendment wasn't ratified, or, the Fed Reserve Act either- I think its hilarious Nancy Pelosi referred to the Declaration of Independence- she should be impeached for that sin-

The point being the list is long for reasons for impeachment- upset because one who believed herself the anointed is silly- and that's all this is. But, for the record, I think this is just kabuke theater so there can be a Republican figure head for 8 years, just as the way it was the previous 3 or 4 elections- back and forth to keep the enemies and tools divided so the cowards in DC can keep drawing their fed pay check and getting their graft payments and inflicting their will on the world with support of their tools as their mandate-

All parties are two face when it suits their agenda. The difference between the Slick Willy impeachment and the Trump impeachment is that the Willy impeachment had support of members of both parties. Unlike this Trump impeachment, which along strict party lines. The Democrats themselves have said that an impeachment along party lines is not the right to go. I would really rather have the discussion be over the legitimacy of an impeachment along party lines rather than partisan defense.
I'm sure you'd like that, instead of discussing abuse of power and obstruction of justice. Once again, process over facts.

There has been plenty of discussion on the merits of the impeachment.

This thread was created in the Clean Discussion Zone to discuss the legitimacy of having an impeachment along strict party lines.

Do we really want that to be the precedent?

That is the question. Because if you do then the next time there is a Moon Bat President and a Republican House it will probably take them about five seconds to come up with an abuse of power charge.

Is that what you really want?

This thread was not created in the CDZ for partisans assholes to make stupid comments.

There are plenty of other threads for you Moon Bats to attack a President that is making this country great again.

This thread was created to cleanly discuss the legitimacy of having a strict party line impeachment. Do you want that to be the precedent because the Moon Bat Party has certainly set that bar. Is that what you want? Because if you do the Republicans will be glad to accommodate you the next time they have the House and we have a Moon Bat President.

Republicans far less likely to pursue this course of action because they're gutless little twirps, to go with being far less prone to just pulling things out of their asses to justify their actions.

Republicans can be assholes when it comes to politics just like the filthy Democrat Party. However, now it is the Democrat Party that has the spotlight for being assholes with a partisan impeachment.

This thread was not created to determine which party is more of an asshole. Other threads can discuss that.

It was created to discuss the legitimacy of having an impeachment along strict party lines.

It shouldn't be the way we want it run but it is the direction we are heading.

Withholding foreign aid is done all the time and for valid reasons. The problem for the Democrats is that they cannot prove what Trump's reasons were, and it seems to me that if you're going to impeach a sitting President that you oughta have some kind of real proof of wrong-doing rather than a bunch of suppositions, opinions, and personal guesses.

And refusing to cooperate with cooperate with a Congressional investigation isn't all that unheard of either, especially if the opposing party controls the House and has been howling for your head for going on 3 years now, accusing him of everything they could think of and finding nothing. I don't recall Obama cooperating much with the Congressional Repubs during his time either. VERY weak stuff if you ask me, and the manner in which the Dems did this impeachment business looks like extreme partisan politics. I really think this is going to bite them in the ass next November, especially since there's no bipartisan support from anyone on the other side. It's all strictly along party lines, and some of the Dems are not going to vote for the impeachment.

Last edited:
The Dim's have nothing left, their only hope rests with fabricating and investigating baseless illusions of malfeasance coupled with outlandish false statements and lies. The exposure of embedded deeply seated political operatives abuse of power within the inner workings of government should concern all Americans for their freedom and Constitutional rights rest in the balance.

Precedent? You clearly never read about Andrew Johnson. Every Democrat voted against it- it was along strict party lines.
Impeachment of Andrew Johnson - Wikipedia

I realize that you are parroting Trump's talking points, but that doesn't make them true.

The charges are not 'weak' but very specific and on point- and triggered by Trump's secret call to a foreign government to investigate his political rival.

Under any other President, other than Trump, Republicans would be outraged that an American President abused his office for his own political benefit- but not when its Trump.

Let me put it another way- you have presented a strictly partisan view of the proceedings.

My strictly partisan view of the proceedings are that they were and are warranted. And that the Constitution doesn't call upon the House to not act, simply because the members of the President's party refuse to hold him accountable.

Forum List

Back