Immigration... Whats wrong with the GOP?

If interest rates go up just a few points we will be in a very bad place. 1% of $19 trillion is $190 billion. The last thing this country needs is more "stimulus" funded with borrowing. Also, the phrase "government smart investment" is an oxymoron. In fact, calling anything the government does an "investment" is any oxymoron. Government doesn't create jobs. It only destroys them.
The government employe's over 21 million people... They hold the ability to create legislation and provide funding that has dramatic effects in the private sector. I don't know what dream world you're living in... but keep up the fight man!

Do tell, what legislation or funding would provide these so-called dramatic effects in the private sector?
Auto bailout, trade deals, grants and funding for businesses, our tax code, stimulus for contract jobs like building roads, bridges, buildings...

And just where are we going to get all the money for this?

I thought we had a trillion dollars for a stimulus fund, and it turned out to be a failure.

You people really don't understand the role of our federal government, do you?

Our founders never intended for our federal government to be job creators, to be lending institutions, to be a bank to bailout people. That's not the role of the federal government.
See we are not in 1776, we are in 2016... Intensions of our founders and the reality of what is in today's world are two very different things. You can't just hit the reset button and just do things the way you think they were meant to be. Sure you can keep to a more conservative path which is just fine, but deal with reality, not absurd unrealistic proposals to todays problems

There's no reason whatsoever that we can't return this government to its original purpose.

The national debt is simply the sum of cumulative annual deficits. The national debt represents the savings of the domestic private sector + foreign sector. The federal government simply credits the "savings" account of the holder of maturing securities. It's an accounting matter. Not a real debt in any sense of the word. Like I suggested before, do your homework: Here is a start It Is Impossible For The US To Default

Those bonds and securities are held by people and corporations. If that money is not "credited" to them at some point, those entities will experience real world loss of wealth.

With real pain to real people.
There is no scenario where we would not be able to pay unless our entire economy crashes... We aren't close to that.

The most likely scenario is that we will not be able to pay.

The elderly population is growing fast.

The expense of caring for that population is growing PER CAPITA as medical technology increases.

The amount of expense in increasing in another angle as lifespan increases.

The working population is becoming less productive wage and tax wise as wages stagnate.

AND as we are failing to meet interest payments, we have to borrow to do that, which means the short fall the next year is even greater.

This is a vicious reinforcing Death Spiral.

Assuming no additional disasters or contrary miracle.
How in the world would we not be able to pay??? Our budget and expenditures are not dependent on revenue like a business or household budget is... It is impossible for our government to default. I'm not saying keep things like they are, reforms need to be made but you've displayed very little understanding of economics of a sovereign nation.
Yeah, we can always pay by creating money out of thin air, but then the currency will become worthless, and we'll have a Zimbabwe style economy where half the population is starving.

Your belief that the government can create wealth by magic is the ultimate in naivete. Government does not create wealth by printing reserve notes. It only creates worthless scraps of paper. What government does only affects who receives the wealth this country produces. And if diverts that wealth substantially from the people who produced it, then it will soon dry up and disappear.
Government doesn't create currency with a printing press dumb shit... The vast majority of new money is created by our banks in the lending process.

The government employe's over 21 million people... They hold the ability to create legislation and provide funding that has dramatic effects in the private sector. I don't know what dream world you're living in... but keep up the fight man!

Do tell, what legislation or funding would provide these so-called dramatic effects in the private sector?
Auto bailout, trade deals, grants and funding for businesses, our tax code, stimulus for contract jobs like building roads, bridges, buildings...

I thought we had a trillion dollars for a stimulus fund, and it turned out to be a failure.

Our founders never intended for our federal government to be job creators, to be lending institutions, to be a bank to bailout people. That's not the role of the federal government.
See we are not in 1776, we are in 2016... Intensions of our founders and the reality of what is in today's world are two very different things. You can't just hit the reset button and just do things the way you think they were meant to be. Sure you can keep to a more conservative path which is just fine, but deal with reality, not absurd unrealistic proposals to todays problems

There's no reason whatsoever that we can't return this government to its original purpose.
The fact that more than half the country does not agree with your viewpoints should be reason enough

If interest rates go up just a few points we will be in a very bad place. 1% of $19 trillion is $190 billion. The last thing this country needs is more "stimulus" funded with borrowing. Also, the phrase "government smart investment" is an oxymoron. In fact, calling anything the government does an "investment" is any oxymoron. Government doesn't create jobs. It only destroys them.

The constitution does not change on it's own, it needs to be changed by man for the changing times.

We would not be anywhere near 19 trillion in debt today if we just followed the document.

Isn't it amazing how much wiser those people in 1776 were compared to the people today?

The constitution does not change on it's own, it needs to be changed by man for the changing times.

We would not be anywhere near 19 trillion in debt today if we just followed the document.

Isn't it amazing how much wiser those people in 1776 were compared to the people today?
You realize we made 19 trillion last year right?

Everyone. In what fashion is the interest not a problem?
The national debt is simply the sum of cumulative annual deficits. The national debt represents the savings of the domestic private sector + foreign sector. The federal government simply credits the "savings" account of the holder of maturing securities. It's an accounting matter. Not a real debt in any sense of the word. Like I suggested before, do your homework: Here is a start It Is Impossible For The US To Default

Those bonds and securities are held by people and corporations. If that money is not "credited" to them at some point, those entities will experience real world loss of wealth.

There is no scenario where we would not be able to pay unless our entire economy crashes... We aren't close to that.

The expense of caring for that population is growing PER CAPITA as medical technology increases.

The working population is becoming less productive wage and tax wise as wages stagnate.

AND as we are failing to meet interest payments, we have to borrow to do that, which means the short fall the next year is even greater.

How in the world would we not be able to pay??? Our budget and expenditures are not dependent on revenue like a business or household budget is... It is impossible for our government to default. I'm not saying keep things like they are, reforms need to be made but you've displayed very little understanding of economics of a sovereign nation.

I'm not surprised that this is over your heads considering your points on this immigration debate. Unlike what your puppet masters have been feeding you we are not in a debt crisis. Debt is 19 trillionish, our GDP last year was just about that. I'd like to see the ratio get down to the 60% range but we are still at a very good place for government stimulus with interest rates being as low as they are. We should be focusing on smart investments that create jobs and once unemployment drops a bit more and interest rates rise we should adapt to a more conservative agenda.

Indeed. The federal government was meant to be a very small part of our country, operationally funded by tariffs, collected from trade abroad. The STATES were intended to be the ideal situation for the populace. That ended years and years ago - when the "government" took control of all monetary policies and placed the "federal reserve" in place (non-elected, of course) to have a standardized monetary system.

Now? The federal government is the largest "employer" in the United States and grows bigger (like the monster it is) everyday.

Me? I would be happy if it folded tomorrow and we referred back to the individual states. However, as we all know - that will NEVER happen. Between the toga wearers and the federal unions - they own our asses. Just like King George owned the people of Britiain. Our founders went to war over a 1% tax rate. Look at us today.

It doesn't matter what we made. If I made $3,000 this month, but spent $4,000, what difference does that make? I still created more debt.

Whats wrong with the GOP?

The list is so long, where do we even start?

Yeah, we can always pay by creating money out of thin air, but then the currency will become worthless, and we'll have a Zimbabwe style economy where half the population is starving.

Your belief that the government can create wealth by magic is the ultimate in naivete. Government does not create wealth by printing reserve notes. It only creates worthless scraps of paper. What government does only affects who receives the wealth this country produces. And if diverts that wealth substantially from the people who produced it, then it will soon dry up and disappear.

Indeed. If the economy were not being "propped up" by near zero inflation rates - we would have interest rates at 18-19% and inflation would be sky high - just like during Jimmy Carter's presidency. Our dollar is worth a tenth of what it was worth in the 60s. Go figure.

Government doesn't create currency with a printing press dumb shit... The vast majority of new money is created by our banks in the lending process.
I know it doesn't create money with printing presses, numskull. However, it still controls the creation of money. Banks can't create a dime unless the Federal Reserve creates additional money first.

It doesn't matter what we made. If I made $3,000 this month, but spent $4,000, what difference does that make? I still created more debt.
That statement right there shows how little you understand about how our national economic system works. Seriously dude, do some homework so we can be talking about the same thing.

I know it doesn't create money with printing presses, numskull. However, it still controls the creation of money. Banks can't create a dime unless the Federal Reserve creates additional money first.

And sonny, that's why we came off the "gold standard". you see, when the price of gold was held at around $30.00 per ounce - everyone (countries) were on an equal playing field. When we left the gold standard - there was NOTHING to back up currency. We went crazy. Russia went crazy. China went crazy. and so on.

Printing "magic money" when it is backed by nothing helps nothing. We are a world that lives on "credit" nowadays. You try doing that with your credit card company and see how long YOUR card is active before they cut your ass off. Or, take your debit card out to shop with $100 on the card and try to spend $500. See what happens.

Funny, ain't it? The government plays by an entirely set of rules from the "little people"??

That statement right there shows how little you understand about how our national economic system works. Seriously dude, do some homework so we can be talking about the same thing.
You have proven over and over that you don't have a clue about economics.

Who do you think you're fooling?

Government doesn't create currency with a printing press dumb shit...

Sure they do, moron.

fredgraph.png

$1,349.9 billion.

I HAVE done the math,.. SS balance sheet has been out of whack in the RED since 2010. To the tune of about 10 to 18Bill per year.. A couple $$Bill per year from illegal folks who will NEVER COLLECT -- is worth gold. That much less of the US that China will never own..

The rest of the yearly SS bill (right now) is covered by income. Real cash..

Point is -- it IS a possible political motivation to KEEP these people here and get them under SS so that Congress and the Feds can keep ignoring this crisis that is ALREADY here. I wouldn't put it past them..

I HAVE done the math,.. SS balance sheet has been out of whack in the RED since 2010. To the tune of about 10 to 18Bill per year.. A couple $$Bill per year from illegal folks who will NEVER COLLECT -- is worth gold. That much less of the US that China will never own..

Point is -- it IS a possible political motivation to KEEP these people here and get them under SS so that Congress and the Feds can keep ignoring this crisis that is ALREADY here. I wouldn't put it past them..

couple $$Bill per year from illegal folks who will NEVER COLLECT -- is worth gold.

Dems are working on making sure the illegals can collect.

Funds from illegals go into an EST account, not SS. That is an Electronic Suspense File which includes non-matching SS numbers to last names which also includes women who married and failed to change their SS information and foreign workers, both legal or illegal. Immigrants and illegals can receive those monies in what are known as Totalization Agreements or if they are in PRUCOL status (think DACA, or Obamas Auntie and Uncle). All they have to show is that they used a particular number and their last name, so for you to claim they will NEVER COLLECT on that money is false as many can and will be able to.

Totalization Agreements

couple $$Bill per year from illegal folks who will NEVER COLLECT -- is worth gold.

Dems are working on making sure the illegals can collect.

Well that's predictable -- but consistently clueless and stupid..
They are also completely useless on this whole issue. Just want to demagogue it OR (like the fruit pies in Cali -- ENCOURAGE the problems to continue.)

Funds from illegals go into an EST account, not SS. That is an Electronic Suspense File which includes non-matching SS numbers to last names which also includes women who married and failed to change their SS information and foreign workers, both legal or illegal. Immigrants and illegals can receive those monies in what are known as Totalization Agreements or if they are in PRUCOL status (think DACA, or Obamas Auntie and Uncle). All they have to show is that they used a particular number and their last name, so for you to claim they will NEVER COLLECT on that money is false as many can and will be able to.

Totalization Agreements

They will never claim it if they are never US citizens required to filed FICA. Doesn't matter what dark hole the accounting is in....

Might get something with a smart lawyer because the govt is that stupid..

Totalization Agreements

They will never claim it if they are never US citizens required to filed FICA. Doesn't matter what dark hole the accounting is in....

Might get something with a smart lawyer because the govt is that stupid..
They don't have to be US Citizens to claim SS, even Legal Permanent Residents can collect SS, anybody (including non-immigrant visa holders and illegals) that has worked in the US and has had SS taken out of a paycheck can either receive it back in their taxes via putting that info in their 1040 line 69, or they can receive SS benefits after earning and paying in a specified amount to SS.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back