Immigration... Whats wrong with the GOP?

We have massive debt that we cannot make the interest payments on without borrowing more money. A death spiral by itself.

AND we have massive unfunded entitlements coming at us that will force ever increasing payouts for the foreseeable future, in addition to the interest problem.
The interest is not a problem... Who do you think we are borrowing from?

Everyone. In what fashion is the interest not a problem?
The national debt is simply the sum of cumulative annual deficits. The national debt represents the savings of the domestic private sector + foreign sector. The federal government simply credits the "savings" account of the holder of maturing securities. It's an accounting matter. Not a real debt in any sense of the word. Like I suggested before, do your homework: Here is a start It Is Impossible For The US To Default

Holy Shit................

My reaction exactly.
I'm not surprised that this is over your heads considering your points on this immigration debate. Unlike what your puppet masters have been feeding you we are not in a debt crisis. Debt is 19 trillionish, our GDP last year was just about that. I'd like to see the ratio get down to the 60% range but we are still at a very good place for government stimulus with interest rates being as low as they are. We should be focusing on smart investments that create jobs and once unemployment drops a bit more and interest rates rise we should adapt to a more conservative agenda.

Ok smart guy, explain how we are broke for us simple folk

We have massive debt that we cannot make the interest payments on without borrowing more money. A death spiral by itself.

AND we have massive unfunded entitlements coming at us that will force ever increasing payouts for the foreseeable future, in addition to the interest problem.

The national debt is simply the sum of cumulative annual deficits. The national debt represents the savings of the domestic private sector + foreign sector. The federal government simply credits the "savings" account of the holder of maturing securities. It's an accounting matter. Not a real debt in any sense of the word. Like I suggested before, do your homework: Here is a start It Is Impossible For The US To Default

Those bonds and securities are held by people and corporations. If that money is not "credited" to them at some point, those entities will experience real world loss of wealth.

With real pain to real people.
There is no scenario where we would not be able to pay unless our entire economy crashes... We aren't close to that.

Ok smart guy, explain how we are broke for us simple folk

Those bonds and securities are held by people and corporations. If that money is not "credited" to them at some point, those entities will experience real world loss of wealth.

In school the economics indoctrinators teach that the debt isn't important because "we owe it to ourselves." And suckers like Slade3200 swallow this "logic." What they don't tell students is that the government owes it to some of use, and that the money wasn't saved or "invested," it was given to ticks on the ass of society.

My reaction exactly.
I'm not surprised that this is over your heads considering your points on this immigration debate. Unlike what your puppet masters have been feeding you we are not in a debt crisis. Debt is 19 trillionish, our GDP last year was just about that. I'd like to see the ratio get down to the 60% range but we are still at a very good place for government stimulus with interest rates being as low as they are. We should be focusing on smart investments that create jobs and once unemployment drops a bit more and interest rates rise we should adapt to a more conservative agenda.
If interest rates go up just a few points we will be in a very bad place. 1% of $19 trillion is $190 billion. The last thing this country needs is more "stimulus" funded with borrowing. Also, the phrase "government smart investment" is an oxymoron. In fact, calling anything the government does an "investment" is any oxymoron. Government doesn't create jobs. It only destroys them.

In school the economics indoctrinators teach that the debt isn't important because "we owe it to ourselves." And suckers like Slade3200 swallow this "logic." What they don't tell students is that the government owes it to some of use, and that the money wasn't saved or "invested," it was given to ticks on the ass of society.
:stupid: We spent over 3.6 trillion on the military last year and you call them the ticks on the ass of society? :stupid:

There is no scenario where we would not be able to pay unless our entire economy crashes... We aren't close to that.

The most likely scenario is that we will not be able to pay.

The elderly population is growing fast.

The expense of caring for that population is growing PER CAPITA as medical technology increases.

The amount of expense in increasing in another angle as lifespan increases.

The working population is becoming less productive wage and tax wise as wages stagnate.

AND as we are failing to meet interest payments, we have to borrow to do that, which means the short fall the next year is even greater.

This is a vicious reinforcing Death Spiral.

Assuming no additional disasters or contrary miracle.

:stupid: We spent over 3.6 trillion on the military last year and you call them the ticks on the ass of society? :stupid:

We didn't spend 1/10th of that. Our entire budget was only $3.8 trillion

Do you know anything that isn't total bullshit?

My reaction exactly.
If interest rates go up just a few points we will be in a very bad place. 1% of $19 trillion is $190 billion. The last thing this country needs is more "stimulus" funded with borrowing. Also, the phrase "government smart investment" is an oxymoron. In fact, calling anything the government does an "investment" is any oxymoron. Government doesn't create jobs. It only destroys them.
The government employe's over 21 million people... They hold the ability to create legislation and provide funding that has dramatic effects in the private sector. I don't know what dream world you're living in... but keep up the fight man!

My reaction exactly.
The government employe's over 21 million people... They hold the ability to create legislation and provide funding that has dramatic effects in the private sector. I don't know what dream world you're living in... but keep up the fight man!

Nothing in your post addressed anything in the post you were replying to.

This would be a good place to admit that you are a very young child just starting to think about the big issues.

My reaction exactly.

This would be a good place to admit that you are a very young child just starting to think about the big issues.

My guess is that he's just out of college.

My reaction exactly.

Do tell, what legislation or funding would provide these so-called dramatic effects in the private sector?

We didn't spend 1/10th of that. Our entire budget was only $3.8 trillion

Do you know anything that isn't total bullshit?
Yes, my bad 3.8 trillion was our fed budget and over 600 billion was spent on millitary... my point still stands

My reaction exactly.

Maybe. BUt I wouldn't be surprised if he was a precocious jr high school politics geek.

discretionary_spending_pie,_2015_enacted.png

Maybe. BUt I wouldn't be surprised if he was a precocious jr high school politics geek.

It appears to me that he's been subjected to the government brainwashing in a college economics course.

My reaction exactly.

Do tell, what legislation or funding would provide these so-called dramatic effects in the private sector?
Auto bailout, trade deals, grants and funding for businesses, our tax code, stimulus for contract jobs like building roads, bridges, buildings...

The expense of caring for that population is growing PER CAPITA as medical technology increases.

The working population is becoming less productive wage and tax wise as wages stagnate.

AND as we are failing to meet interest payments, we have to borrow to do that, which means the short fall the next year is even greater.

How in the world would we not be able to pay??? Our budget and expenditures are not dependent on revenue like a business or household budget is... It is impossible for our government to default. I'm not saying keep things like they are, reforms need to be made but you've displayed very little understanding of economics of a sovereign nation.

My reaction exactly.

Auto bailout, trade deals, grants and funding for businesses, our tax code, stimulus for contract jobs like building roads, bridges, buildings...

And just where are we going to get all the money for this?

I thought we had a trillion dollars for a stimulus fund, and it turned out to be a failure.

You people really don't understand the role of our federal government, do you?

Our founders never intended for our federal government to be job creators, to be lending institutions, to be a bank to bailout people. That's not the role of the federal government.

How in the world would we not be able to pay??? Our budget and expenditures are not dependent on revenue like a business or household budget is... It is impossible for our government to default. I'm not saying keep things like they are, reforms need to be made but you've displayed very little understanding of economics of a sovereign nation.
Yeah, we can always pay by creating money out of thin air, but then the currency will become worthless, and we'll have a Zimbabwe style economy where half the population is starving.

Your belief that the government can create wealth by magic is the ultimate in naivete. Government does not create wealth by printing reserve notes. It only creates worthless scraps of paper. What government does only affects who receives the wealth this country produces. And if diverts that wealth substantially from the people who produced it, then it will soon dry up and disappear.

And just where are we going to get all the money for this?

I thought we had a trillion dollars for a stimulus fund, and it turned out to be a failure.

You people really don't understand the role of our federal government, do you?

Our founders never intended for our federal government to be job creators, to be lending institutions, to be a bank to bailout people. That's not the role of the federal government.
See we are not in 1776, we are in 2016... Intensions of our founders and the reality of what is in today's world are two very different things. You can't just hit the reset button and just do things the way you think they were meant to be. Sure you can keep to a more conservative path which is just fine, but deal with reality, not absurd unrealistic proposals to todays problems

Forum List

Back