IMDb making "adjustments" to Little Mermaid reviews after mostly negative ratings

Several reasons.
First darkness creates a forbidding or mysterious atmosphere. It also saves money and the time to create good sets and costumes. Since no one will get a good look at them, just about anything will do.
The film was not as dark as that video makes it out. I had no issues with it. The ending was dark and that added to the nightmarish quality of Ursula's attack.

Wrong.

You are aware that is a fresh water animal native to the Americas, right?

And the legends of mermaids date back to the Middle Ages, right? There are no manatees in the Mediterranean, or around the British Isles where is another place they were claimed to have been found in.

a5b828f683c13e9043dd9ea355d318d5.jpg

A mermaid from a 13th century manuscript.
Manatees are found in fresh, brackish, or salt water.

Children need to be protected from seeing this movie at all costs.

CGI Flounder and Sebastian are absolutely terrifying and will give them nightmares.

1685416304504.jpeg

The movie The Little Mermaid starring a black actress playing in white character have received mostly 1 out of 10 Stars ratings in the website IMDb.

But the company is taking an unusual approach to movie review, arguing that conservatives are giving bad reviews to this movie in bad faith because the actress is black so somehow the average is 7.1.

The "unweighted" average is 4.

Many people have taken note of the controversial new practice to dismiss bad reviews.
Do you think there are “conservatives” that are giving it bad two rows because they used a black actress? Yes or no

I would rather have high ratings from movie goers
They are the ones who buy tickets.

But when people who have not even seen it flood review sites with one star reviews it is difficult to gauge

This one gets a high score from this moviegoer who saw the movie. I will probably see it again. Halle is a gem.

In the modern era, most times it is to cover up bad CGI. And that also has been a huge complaint in this version.

little-mermaid-flounder.jpg

little-mermaid-live-action-sebastian-disney.jpg

scuttle-flounder-ariel-halle-bailey-the-little-mermaid-645a194d7baee.jpg

Well, it can save money for the parents. No more need to buy Sebastian or Flounder toys. Just get them at the supermarket, and when the kids are done playing with them they can be dinner.

The trouble is that it is not dark. It is a bright film except for the climax with Ursula.

The movie The Little Mermaid starring a black actress playing in white character have received mostly 1 out of 10 Stars ratings in the website IMDb.

But the company is arguing that conservatives are giving bad reviews to this movie in bad faith because the actress is black so somehow the average is 7.1.

it's what happens when you have a cancel culture going around manipulating things

It's a disgrace conservatives hate black people so much

I remember when they remade The Wizard of Oz as the Wiz with Diana Ross playing Dorothy. I can imagine what kind of reception that film would get today. These fascists can't win on policy so they have to resort to stirring hate and resentment. To turn a children's film into a battlefield shows what kind of scum they are.

American critics gave it a low score. As did critics and audiences from the global market. Seems to me that would show that RT is manipulating American audience numbers. Not the other way around.

Critics are stupid. There are numerous films that did well but was hated by critics.

I remember when they remade The Wizard of Oz as the Wiz with Diana Ross playing Dorothy.

Funny, if you remember that then you should know that is not true.

Because 4 years before that movie it was a Tony winning show on Broadway with Stephanie Mills in the Dorothy role. And even had a national tour.

It was already a national phenomenon years before the movie was made. As was Jesus Christ Superstar.

What if the reason for making the new movie was to make $117.5 Million Dollars on Memorial Day Weekend? OMG! What if it is some sort of business model to make a buck, not a pure artistic performance, but a profit motivated business endeavor? Wow!

Except the movie cost 200 Million dollars to make... So I am not sure if they are going to make their money back.

Not really. After many months at sea without seeing a woman this is what sailors saw in bad weather and high sees and called it a mermaid.
View attachment 790020

I prefer Disney's Mermaid
View attachment 790021

I'm not sure if I'd prefer Disney's Mermaid. She has fish parts where her lady parts should be.

The wedding night was awkward.

Attachments

• 1685441424754.jpeg
    1685441424754.jpeg
    8.2 KB · Views: 3
I would rather have high ratings from movie goers
They are the ones who buy tickets.

But when people who have not even seen it flood review sites with one star reviews it is difficult to gauge
And they know these people didn't see the movie, how exactly?

Forum List

Back