I'm white--been pulled over by cops for nothing illegal

....I was pulled over by a cop...he ran my plates...what was I doing illegal? NOTHING ..I had my old plates on a ''new'' used car
....so the cops pull over white people too ..I did not resist or drive away
I've been arrested twice when I was younger .one was for knocking a cap off a cop

After a bar fight we were all lined up outside by nypd i was drunk and already bloody but I didn't, like the way he was threatening my cousin ..in his face

Bap knocked his hat off....all off a sudden it was almost slow motion ...i was decended on by nypd who proceeded to kick the shit outta me

I always had family on the job older cousins uncles what not
I got off with an apology and a handshake ...I did spend 6 hours in the precicnt house and the rest of the weekend in queens central booking ...the fight was in Sunnyside back in the day when it was still all Irish...central booking...oy ...my dad said leave him there ...lol thanks dad !

....I was pulled over by a cop...he ran my plates...what was I doing illegal? NOTHING ..I had my old plates on a ''new'' used car
I am white as well and was pulled over by a white cop who pulled his gun on me because he was the Resurrection of barney fife
explanation?
He pulled me over to a parking lot and I got out of my camaro to get my wallet out of my gymbag in the hatchback of the car, he got out of his car and unholstered his gun. He ordered me back in the car and ask me for my licence and I said I can't give it to you because it is in the back and I have to get out to get it. Then he did his well gollee gee barney fife act as I got my wallet
I got pulled over 15 times while I was in high school because I had a loud muscle car and would go cruising with my friends. Just about every time I got pulled over I would get out of the car. Meet the cop at the back of my car, talk about muscle cars and talk my way out of a ticket. Of course half the pull overs were them just making sure I wasn’t drunk, but the other half I got out of doing some pretty bad stuff behind the wheel. Guess whether I’m white or black...
when my brothers and I were about 14, we got taken in to the station for firecrackers
Me too. Not seeing your point

I am white as well and was pulled over by a white cop who pulled his gun on me because he was the Resurrection of barney fife
explanation?
He pulled me over to a parking lot and I got out of my camaro to get my wallet out of my gymbag in the hatchback of the car, he got out of his car and unholstered his gun. He ordered me back in the car and ask me for my licence and I said I can't give it to you because it is in the back and I have to get out to get it. Then he did his well gollee gee barney fife act as I got my wallet
I got pulled over 15 times while I was in high school because I had a loud muscle car and would go cruising with my friends. Just about every time I got pulled over I would get out of the car. Meet the cop at the back of my car, talk about muscle cars and talk my way out of a ticket. Of course half the pull overs were them just making sure I wasn’t drunk, but the other half I got out of doing some pretty bad stuff behind the wheel. Guess whether I’m white or black...
The cops pull over muscle cars because their Yugo or Honda Civic is boring

I had a 1966 GTO once long ago. Every member of my immediate family got a ticket in that car. All you had to do was drive across the Pee Dee river into the next county and the bubble gum machine would light up.
I’m jealous... 66 Goat is a great ride

explanation?
when my brothers and I were about 14, we got taken in to the station for firecrackers
...I'm white AND was taken to the police station for a MINOR violation

One cop hits this rural neighborhood every couple of months and pulls people over for not using their blinkers. This is a small neighborhood where you are more likely to see kids playing or a dog sleeping in the middle of the little oil top road than you are to meet another car. Nobody is ever speeding or driving crazy, but he's usually able to run his ticket count for the month up with blinker tickets. He's a rude insulting ass as well. At least he hasn't handcuffed anybody and thrown them to the ground yet.

Same, I was pulled over after leaving a bar. An asshole cop assumed I was drinking. He made me do a sobriety test even though I did nothing illegal nor was I driving erratically. He claimed I was “speeding” when I had taken the on-ramp to a freeway. He claimed it was the same speed limit as the access road I left, which is ridiculous, you need to speed up to freeway speeds when getting on the freeway. He thought he was going to nail me for DUI, but passed the test of course and he could only give me a bogus speeding ticket.

So I showed up to court to contest it, the prick was there, I couldn’t wait to show the judge the photos I took of the freeway and access road, and how he harassed me with an unfounded sobriety test. Unfortunately the judge dismissed all the cases that day so I didn’t get to use my evidence.

Me to!

Last time I was pulled over was because I was driving a BLACK TRUCK...and it matched the description of a truck that had done some damage.

The cop was a bit sirly and accusatory...he was asking me questions like where I was coming from & where I was going...

You know what I did?

I FULLY COOPERATED WITH HIM!

Guess why?

Because the guy he was looking for might have run over a black child for all I know...And wasting the cops time would be helping the bad guy get away!

Same, I was pulled over after leaving a bar. An asshole cop assumed I was drinking. He made me do a sobriety test even though I did nothing illegal nor was I driving erratically. He claimed I was “speeding” when I had taken the on-ramp to a freeway. He claimed it was the same speed limit as the access road I left, which is ridiculous, you need to speed up to freeway speeds when getting on the freeway. He thought he was going to nail me for DUI, but passed the test of course and he could only give me a bogus speeding ticket.

So I showed up to court to contest it, the prick was there, I couldn’t wait to show the judge the photos I took of the freeway and access road, and how he harassed me with an unfounded sobriety test. Unfortunately the judge dismissed all the cases that day so I didn’t get to use my evidence.
...I got pulled over for doing 65 in the passing lane, which is a 65mph......

explanation?

Every single rational person knows to stay in the car until you are told to get out.
Why make yourself a possible threat for no reason?
..I carry my wallet in my bag.....I've always known to not get it before asking = common sense

When my son became old enough to drive, I explained very carefully how to handle traffic stops. You pull over to the side of the road in a place that is safe for both you and the officer. You remain in the car with your hands visible on the wheel. When he asks, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" the answer is, "No, sir." When he asks for your license and registration, you say, "My license is in my wallet", and reach SLOWLY for your pocket, and you say, "My registration is in my glove compartment", and reach SLOWLY for that. No sudden moves. You do not argue or dispute on the side of the road. That is what court is for.

.....o yes--my other cop story....I had 2 pirate costumes and wanted my sister to see which one was better....I also had a toy sword painted to look real....in her front lawn, I took the sword and just waved it--not at her....I put the sword in my car to dry out more.....when I went to get it, a cop car pulled up--then another--then a cop van.....the cop gets out of his car with his hand on his holster......I'm thinking WTF???...then I knew what it was about and said that's a toy sword
......her WHITE neighbor called the cops on me --I was not upset or anything--I laughed
..so WHITES call cops on whites for ''idiotic'' reasons also

explanation?
Good for you... your point is what? You know what it’s like for black people? I’ve already showered you with praise for your relatability. What more do you want?

explanation?
Good for you... your point is what? You know what it’s like for black people? I’ve already showered you with praise for your relatability. What more do you want?
no, I don't know what's it like to be a criminal that resist arrestS
I did NOT commit a crime/many crimes like:
MBrown
ASterling
EGarner
etc etc

When there are incidents of police racism, it definitely needs to be taken seriously. I am just sick and tired of every incident with a black person automatically getting the race card. Ex.: the Chauvin incident. Immediately it was a race issue. Why? Was there any reports of this guy being racist, dropping slurs, anything? No. It was instantly categorized as racism for the sole reason of the guy being black.

It sounds to me like you are the Barney Fife!

Getting out of the care when you're not asked is a threat. You could have a gun. Sitting in your car with your hands on top of the steering wheel tells the cop you are cooperating. If you start digging in a duffel bag, he/she doesn't know you from Adam. You could be fleeing a crime scene and have a gun in that bag.

Just shelve your faux outrage and cooperate.

If it was a statey, they have new cameras that can check plates almost instantly. Hard to get away with fake tags these days.
..they go down parking lots/streets with them

You see em riding motorcycles and lane splitting in heavy traffic checking inspection stickers here in Houston all the time.

When there are incidents of police racism, it definitely needs to be taken seriously. I am just sick and tired of every incident with a black person automatically getting the race card. Ex.: the Chauvin incident. Immediately it was a race issue. Why? Was there any reports of this guy being racist, dropping slurs, anything? No. It was instantly categorized as racism for the sole reason of the guy being black.
...the BIG myth they make it out to be is RACIAL!!!....this is the biggest lie of the decade = it's racial--when it's not
NOW, when race IS involved and part of the killer's motive, and it's a BLACK killer--NOTHING about race!!! like this:

If it was a statey, they have new cameras that can check plates almost instantly. Hard to get away with fake tags these days.
..they go down parking lots/streets with them

You see em riding motorcycles and lane splitting in heavy traffic checking inspection stickers here in Houston all the time.
..but only the black people, yes?

You were illegally driving a car without it being registered. What part of that is not clear?

It sounds to me like you are the Barney Fife!

Getting out of the care when you're not asked is a threat. You could have a gun. Sitting in your car with your hands on top of the steering wheel tells the cop you are cooperating. If you start digging in a duffel bag, he/she doesn't know you from Adam. You could be fleeing a crime scene and have a gun in that bag.

Just shelve your faux outrage and cooperate.
There is no rule requirement or law not to get out of the car or keep your hands on the wheel.

What I did was precious because the dopey fool was clearly scared of the guy 5 times his strength level and well over twice his size. It was the most precious thing when I got out of the car a second time which proved that I was cooperating the first time, hell meeting barney fife was actually an honor, have you ever met anyone from Mayberry?

hqdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back