'I'm sorry, God! ... Why didn't you stop it?' Ethan Crumbley breaks down in jail

The thing about Cruz though is that if I remember correctly, they said that his home addresses where he lived had 39 contacts with law enforcement, that he was given the nickname "School Shooter" by his fellow students, and that the school resource officer (Scot Peterson) who they tried to prosecute for not having gone in during the shooting at least tried to have Cruz involuntarily committed.

Because they didn't want to "disadvantage" him with a negative juvenile record showing a commitment they instead erred in the other direction and 17 students lost their lives at the hands of Cruz. And the state of Florida could not see their way clear to put him to death.

Why is his one life more important to the state of Florida than the seventeen lives of those he killed?

I'm not in the criminal justice system; that's out of my wheelhouse, so I don't spend much time or attention with what happens with criminals after they're incarcerated. Not because it's not important, more because that's not my focus. To me, as long as he can never ever hurt a bunch of people again, that's all the energy I have to devote to it.

My energy is in getting my fellow educators to stop minimizing the danger of these future criminals and psychopaths. As I have posted before, we regularly have assaults in school that, in any other venue, would result in criminal charges. But we consider it "part of the job". It's all part of the mindset that the child with needs deserves MORE attention and MORE consideration than the others. And THAT is criminal, in my opinion.

You would think that with school shooters prominent, my system would focus on how to identify future shooters, but no. We focus just on 1. What to do when it happens and 2. The weapon. I would say this is unbelievably stupid but I'm in education. I have seen 30 years of the unbelievably stupid.

The thing about Cruz though is that if I remember correctly, they said that his home addresses where he lived had 39 contacts with law enforcement, that he was given the nickname "School Shooter" by his fellow students, and that the school resource officer (Scot Peterson) who they tried to prosecute for not having gone in during the shooting at least tried to have Cruz involuntarily committed.

Because they didn't want to "disadvantage" him with a negative juvenile record showing a commitment they instead erred in the other direction and 17 students lost their lives at the hands of Cruz. And the state of Florida could not see their way clear to put him to death.

Why is his one life more important to the state of Florida than the seventeen lives of those he killed?
For you, communist racist…

I believe that teens like Ethan Crumbley are worthy of rehabilitation and a second chance, absolutely. And I absolutely believe they should be given every chance while in school.

Here's my BUT:

In schools, we are much--and I mean MUCH--too tolerant of students who are dangerous. I don't mean naughty, disrespectful, typical kid stuff. I mean dangerous. Worse, because of "bully education", we have taught kids to override their human instincts to ignore and/or include these dangerous humans**. Teachers too--teachers may be the worst. Although we get destroyed in the public these days, we are mostly soft-hearted, and in these cases, it's our downfall. We are soft-hearted to the point we put other children at risk. It's beyond "not fair" to negligent.

The pendulum on this must swing back so that kids like Crumbley don't end up in this tragic situation all the way around. It is NOT kind to allow dangerous and disturbed kids in school to mingle with others. It is NOT kind to sweep their issues under the rug, just "believing the best for them" or whatever.

So, that's my soapbox I guess.

**I'm not advocating bullying kids like Crumbley at all. But kids, and esp girls I hate to say it, have been badgered into overriding their human instincts to accept unsocial and even violent behavior. This REALLY ticks me off when it comes to the girls, but that's another story....

You've made your point loud and clear. Thanks. Overriding your instincts about unacceptable behavior was a punch to the gut. I get it, lady.

I can't remember if the defendant is being charged as an adult or a minor but this video has really pissed me off because if he EVER exhibited any behavior like that being depicted in the video, AND his parents still provided him with a firearm as a gift, all of them deserve to be locked up in my opinion.

IF on the other hand this is just him acting to try to get out of severe repercussions for his acts or the typical go to excuse when certain members of society commit unthinkable crimes, they "must" be suffering from mental illness, they couldn't possibly just be evil. We know that he and his bother know how to conspire in order to shield him from the consequences of his actions (her schooling him on how to "not get caught").

Does anyone know why they have him bound in this manner, not that it impacts my feelings one way or another I'm just curious.

'I'm sorry, God! ... Why didn't you stop it?' Ethan Crumbley breaks down in jail
Here’s another for you, asshole commie racist…

Was he doped up by the system like the Columbine shooters? Mood altering drugs administered to adolescents sometimes act in strange ways. Anyway it's his lawyer talking, not him. Why do they do these things? Show us the manifest of the trannie terrorist of Tennessee.

Forum List

Back