'I'm sorry, God! ... Why didn't you stop it?' Ethan Crumbley breaks down in jail

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I can't remember if the defendant is being charged as an adult or a minor but this video has really pissed me off because if he EVER exhibited any behavior like that being depicted in the video, AND his parents still provided him with a firearm as a gift, all of them deserve to be locked up in my opinion.

IF on the other hand this is just him acting to try to get out of severe repercussions for his acts or the typical go to excuse when certain members of society commit unthinkable crimes, they "must" be suffering from mental illness, they couldn't possibly just be evil. We know that he and his bother know how to conspire in order to shield him from the consequences of his actions (her schooling him on how to "not get caught").

Does anyone know why they have him bound in this manner, not that it impacts my feelings one way or another I'm just curious.

'I'm sorry, God! ... Why didn't you stop it?' Ethan Crumbley breaks down in jail

He's a messed up boy period.

I can't remember if the defendant is being charged as an adult or a minor but this video has really pissed me off because if he EVER exhibited any behavior like that being depicted in the video, AND his parents still provided him with a firearm as a gift, all of them deserve to be locked up in my opinion.

IF on the other hand this is just him acting to try to get out of severe repercussions for his acts or the typical go to excuse when certain members of society commit unthinkable crimes, they "must" be suffering from mental illness, they couldn't possibly just be evil. We know that he and his bother know how to conspire in order to shield him from the consequences of his actions (her schooling him on how to "not get caught").

Does anyone know why they have him bound in this manner, not that it impacts my feelings one way or another I'm just curious.

I believe that teens like Ethan Crumbley are worthy of rehabilitation and a second chance, absolutely. And I absolutely believe they should be given every chance while in school.

Here's my BUT:

In schools, we are much--and I mean MUCH--too tolerant of students who are dangerous. I don't mean naughty, disrespectful, typical kid stuff. I mean dangerous. Worse, because of "bully education", we have taught kids to override their human instincts to ignore and/or include these dangerous humans**. Teachers too--teachers may be the worst. Although we get destroyed in the public these days, we are mostly soft-hearted, and in these cases, it's our downfall. We are soft-hearted to the point we put other children at risk. It's beyond "not fair" to negligent.

The pendulum on this must swing back so that kids like Crumbley don't end up in this tragic situation all the way around. It is NOT kind to allow dangerous and disturbed kids in school to mingle with others. It is NOT kind to sweep their issues under the rug, just "believing the best for them" or whatever.

So, that's my soapbox I guess.

**I'm not advocating bullying kids like Crumbley at all. But kids, and esp girls I hate to say it, have been badgered into overriding their human instincts to accept unsocial and even violent behavior. This REALLY ticks me off when it comes to the girls, but that's another story....

Whenever a trial is televised you can be sure that it is CIA controlled against a predetermined script and agenda . But it will fool the Sheeple, helped by MSM coverage .

I believe that teens like Ethan Crumbley are worthy of rehabilitation and a second chance, absolutely. And I absolutely believe they should be given every chance while in school.

Here's my BUT:

In schools, we are much--and I mean MUCH--too tolerant of students who are dangerous. I don't mean naughty, disrespectful, typical kid stuff. I mean dangerous. Worse, because of "bully education", we have taught kids to override their human instincts to ignore and/or include these dangerous humans**. Teachers too--teachers may be the worst. Although we get destroyed in the public these days, we are mostly soft-hearted, and in these cases, it's our downfall. We are soft-hearted to the point we put other children at risk. It's beyond "not fair" to negligent.

The pendulum on this must swing back so that kids like Crumbley don't end up in this tragic situation all the way around. It is NOT kind to allow dangerous and disturbed kids in school to mingle with others. It is NOT kind to sweep their issues under the rug, just "believing the best for them" or whatever.

So, that's my soapbox I guess.

**I'm not advocating bullying kids like Crumbley at all. But kids, and esp girls I hate to say it, have been badgered into overriding their human instincts to accept unsocial and even violent behavior. This REALLY ticks me off when it comes to the girls, but that's another story....
Do you think that the sentence that Nikolaus Cruz got was just and that he's worthy of rehabilitation? No judgement, I'm just curious what you think.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/02/us/parkland-shooter-nikolas-cruz-sentencing-wednesday/index.html

The professionals say it's unkind to isolate them or segregate them making them feel bad about being different when in fact they are different, in a deadly way. I don't see why everyone else has to suffer due to adults who are so out of touch with what's going on with their kids that they could do something like this without their knowledge. In Crumbley's case, his mom knew about him acting out and drawing violent pictures of guns/shootings (after they had gifted him with a new handgun) and her only advice to him was to be more careful so that he doesn't get caught.

I'm glad both of his parents are in jail as well until they get this sorted out.

It'd be more merciful than a life sentence.
Are we supposed to want mercy? He killed four of his classmates, I would like for him to have to feel something unpleasant about that. For how long, I'm not sure, maybe the rest of his natural life, maybe only until he actually realizes what he's done and the harm he has inflicted.

There is NOTHING our criminal justice system can do to compensate for the harm he has inflicted on not just the individuals who's lives he extinguished, but also on everyone who loved them.

Same for Cruz.

Another in a long line of people who needed therapy but never got it.

We can send billions all around the globe to instigate wars but the problems here are ignored. You know, we can't afford it.........................

This country can be as evil as the person in question here.

Do you think that the sentence that Nikolaus Cruz got was just and that he's worthy of rehabilitation? No judgement, I'm just curious what you think.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/02/us/parkland-shooter-nikolas-cruz-sentencing-wednesday/index.html

Well, he wasn't a minor at the time, so that's a little difference. I know it's not a bright-line type of thing, but there is a difference between 15/16 and 19. Or there should be. My opinion is that Crumbley has a better chance of being rehabilitated than Cruz, but also, I'm not in control of people's souls (thank God for that--literally).

Another in a long line of people who needed therapy but never got it.

We can send billions all around the globe to instigate wars but the problems here are ignored. You know, we can't afford it.........................

This country can be as evil as the person in question here.

I agree with this, but sometimes therapy will not go far enough. As much as we try to rationalize it or look away, some people are broken. A few of them are broken in a very dangerous way.

Not saying they don't deserve care. Just that we should treat them as they are--dangerous. But we don't. We most especially do not when it comes to our kids. We just throw them all together with the attitude of "Good luck".

I agree with this, but sometimes therapy will not go far enough. As much as we try to rationalize it or look away, some people are broken. A few of them are broken in a very dangerous way.

In an imperfect world nothing will ever be perfect but doing nothing is not even trying.

Not saying they don't deserve care. Just that we should treat them as they are--dangerous. But we don't. We most especially do not when it comes to our kids. We just throw them all together with the attitude of "Good luck".

Some need to be treated as dangerous. Today they are not treated at all in many instances.

Well, he wasn't a minor at the time, so that's a little difference. I know it's not a bright-line type of thing, but there is a difference between 15/16 and 19. Or there should be. My opinion is that Crumbley has a better chance of being rehabilitated than Cruz, but also, I'm not in control of people's souls (thank God for that--literally).
Truthfully both should rot in prison for life and never be given another chance at all.

After ten years in prison if they want to offer themselves to science then I can be swayed into letting them finish off their life sentences if we had programs like that.

Truthfully both should rot in prison for life and never be given another chance at all.

After ten years in prison if they want to offer themselves to science then I can be swayed into letting them finish off their life sentences if we had programs like that.

Definitely Cruz without a doubt.

Crumbley needs to be put away for the entire time that he could reasonably be called a young man--I guess until at least 40. That's bare minimum.

It is to keep him from hurting himself. If you recall the case of the guy who was running around naked who had killed his family a few years back including his baby nephew, that happened not to far from here. He was having one of those type schizo episodes when they arrested him. I was told that the sheriff's car was absolutely covered in blood by the time they got him in and restrained he was bashing his head into the plexiglass so hard. He was never convicted of anything though. They found he was incompetent to even stand trial and he is now more or less perma-committed.

Execute him right now.

Life in prison is just executing someone with jail time is all it is. Why waste all of that money, energy, time, resources, medical supplies and so on? Why be so cruel as to make him live out his life in jail while wasting so much keeping him there?

If you go out and knowingly, willingly and intentionally kill others you just should be executed immediately after being found guilty. No death row, no prison, no appeals, no nuthouse, just right to death and be done with it.

And if you go out and knowingly, willingly and intentionally kill others it should be a federal mandate you be executed. None of this it's up to the state. Straight out intentional murder should be a felony with only one punishment, death.

Execute him right now.

Life in prison is just executing someone with jail time is all it is. Why waste all of that money, energy, time, resources, medical supplies and so on? Why be so cruel as to make him live out his life in jail while wasting so much keeping him there?

If you go out and knowingly, willingly and intentionally kill others you just should be executed immediately after being found guilty. No death row, no prison, no appeals, no nuthouse, just right to death and be done with it.

And if you go out and knowingly, willingly and intentionally kill others it should be a federal mandate you be executed. None of this it's up to the state. Straight out intentional murder should be a felony with only one punishment, death.

Executing someone is knowingly, willingly and intentionally killing them.

The thing about Cruz though is that if I remember correctly, they said that his home addresses where he lived had 39 contacts with law enforcement, that he was given the nickname "School Shooter" by his fellow students, and that the school resource officer (Scot Peterson) who they tried to prosecute for not having gone in during the shooting at least tried to have Cruz involuntarily committed.

Because they didn't want to "disadvantage" him with a negative juvenile record showing a commitment they instead erred in the other direction and 17 students lost their lives at the hands of Cruz. And the state of Florida could not see their way clear to put him to death.

Why is his one life more important to the state of Florida than the seventeen lives of those he killed?

Forum List

Back