What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm rather confused

JustSomeGuy

Reaction score
I was at work so I missed the debate.

The pundits at MSNBC look like they're attending a funeral. The pundits over at FOX are giddy. Luntz's focus group looks like it's going to devolve into a fist fight. CNN won't disclose how each member of its focus group will vote. Krauthemhammer (I butchered his name) thinks Romney won. CBS said Obama blowout.

What happened???

SniperFire

Reaction score

The pundits at MSNBC look like they're attending a funeral. The pundits over at FOX are giddy. Luntz's focus group looks like it's going to devolve into a fist fight. CNN won't disclose how each member of its focus group will vote. Krauthemhammer (I butchered his name) thinks Romney won. CBS said Obama blowout.

What happened???

Romney was thoughtful and Presidential.

Obama was petty and personal, and looked like the no-talent little bitch that he is.

Sherry

You're not the boss of me
Reaction score
I would think that Chris and Co would be pleased with Obama's performance...is his best just not good enough for them??

occupied

Platinum Member
Reaction score

What happened???
You must be watching a different MSNBC channel than I am, they are not turning backflips, but the general consensus is disbelief that Romney absolutely refused to own his past statements and actually agreed with much of what Obama has been doing, WTF?

OP
J

JustSomeGuy

Reaction score
This thread wasn't intended for any partisan sniping. I'm actually generally curious as to what happened during the debate tonight.

OP
J

JustSomeGuy

Reaction score

What happened???
You must be watching a different MSNBC channel than I am, they are not turning backflips, but the general consensus is disbelief that Romney absolutely refused to own his past statements and actually agreed with much of what Obama has been doing, WTF?

I don't know what they're doing now, but when I was watching it the mood was quite somber; as if they were stunned. Maddow was less than happy.

candycorn

Alis volat propriis
Reaction score

What happened???

I don't know what they're doing now, but when I was watching it the mood was quite somber; as if they were stunned. Maddow was less than happy.

Romney got field dressed and Obama is now selling Mitt Sausage on Ebay and Amazon.com.

IHBF

Rookie
Reaction score

What happened???

Romney was thoughtful and Presidential.

Obama was petty and personal, and looked like the no-talent little bitch that he is.

Exactly.

Plus, Romney destroyed Obama on china and the economy.

occupied

Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread wasn't intended for any partisan sniping. I'm actually generally curious as to what happened during the debate tonight.

Romney failed to make any real distinction in his foreign policy stands between himself and the president and made a huge flip-flop on his afghan policy, all you really need to know.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Reaction score

What happened???

When the dust all settles it will be a Romney win.

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was no blow out, I think Romney did a little better, of course the MSM won't report Maobmam misrepresenting Romneys position on the auto bail out. No big point made.

Last edited:

occupied

Platinum Member
Reaction score

What happened???

Please, to actual foreign policy wonks Romney was incredibly shallow and failed to make a clear distinction between himself and the president.

SniperFire

Reaction score

What happened???

Please, to actual foreign policy wonks Romney was incredibly shallow and failed to make a clear distinction between himself and the president.

Then again, you shit on police cars.

occupied

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
Reaction score

What happened???

Another silly comment to make ones self look smarter, it didn't work, you're looking really dumb now.

aaronleland

Diamond Member
Reaction score

What happened???

They were probably depressed by how alike Romney and Obama's foreign policy ideas really are.

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Reaction score

Nothin'. It was 90 minutes of nothin'. I thought Romney had some chances to go after Obama, but didn't. I think all Romney wanted to do was look presidential, which he did. I also think Obama tried to make up some ground he lost in the 1st debate, but didn't. Not many folks are going to vote based on foreign policy and both guys knew it. That's about it.

aaronleland

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Romney wasn't there tonight to give conservatives red meat.

He hasn't given conservatives red meat since the primaries. He won the nomination and has converted back to the liberal Republican he really is. You will vote for him anyways.

BluePhantom

Educator (of liberals)
Reaction score

What happened???

uh....if there's no distinction between the two on foreign policy and you describe Romney as shallow doesn't that mean Obama was incredibly shallow too?

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$191.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List