Right, there will be no ugliness here

hqdefault.jpg
Separated at birth?

1596663319441.png

Right, there will be no ugliness here

hqdefault.jpg
Separated at birth?

View attachment 371586

^^^^ OMG that one is also a carpet muncher, it just keeps getting more demented from the Commie crowd.

Separated At Birth Part II:

Lori Mentally Ill Carpet Munching Commie:

View attachment 371594

The Creature from The Black Lagoon:

View attachment 371596
She has a lesbian lover?

But I thought Helen Keller died, or are there others like her?

I just love Helen Keller jokes.

Hello,
I'm new. Not sure if this is the right forum for me, but interested in civil discussions on politics, to pass the time.
Trying to get a feel if this is that kind of place, or if it's just shouting across the great divide.
I live in California. Philosophically I'm on the extreme left on most issues, but am what I consider 'pragmatic' in my voting.
I am a professor at a decently large University.
Cheers. :)
Welcome...
a1621c7aa39257e3e787859ec8b6547d.jpg
I have to agree with Marion.
The Flame Zone and Badlands is where real discussions happen. Just not for the faint of heart.

CDZ is boring, and yes I am here for entertainment.
No one, and I mean no one is changing anothers perspective. Anyone claiming that is delusional.

Hello,
I'm new. Not sure if this is the right forum for me, but interested in civil discussions on politics, to pass the time.
Trying to get a feel if this is that kind of place, or if it's just shouting across the great divide.
I live in California. Philosophically I'm on the extreme left on most issues, but am what I consider 'pragmatic' in my voting.

Nobody "lives" in California.

Exists under the boot of a fascist regime? Yeah.
Dude that applies to EVERYBODY that lives in the states,but yeah,California is the most facist state of them all though,thst is true.

Hello,

So I'm going to warn you up front, what you are stepping into.

There is a minority of people on this forum, like me, who as long as you are civil with me, I'll be civil with you.

However, this forum is about as much free-speech as you can get, without it being like no-holds-bar Ultimate Fight. Meaning... if you do not have a thick skin, if you are not able to roll with the punches, if you can't handle people throwing poop....

This is not the forum for you. I promise. Many *WILL* discuss issues with you, but others are going to yell and scream.

This is how it is. I would suggest you familiarize yourself with the "ignore" functions, because we do have a large population of professional trolls, and they default to insults, rather than discussion.

If you need to know how that works, you click on their Avatar icon. A pop up window will open, and you can locate and click on the "ignore" button at the bottom of the pop up window, and then reload the page, and magically the troll disappears.

But I want to be open and honest with you, that if you are looking for the type of civil debate that you saw with William F Buckley and "Firing Line", with polite discussion from the 1980s... you likely won't find much of that here. Some... but not a ton.
Most people on this board just want to sling poo and call names

Not unlike any other conversation.
Indeed,very true,expect to see a lot of that here and welcome professor.

Last edited:
Hello,

Welcome. Hope you stay for a bit.

I'm not looking for a 'safe space' or to feel 'warm and fuzzy'. Im simply looking for a modicum of civility.
Well, then you should follow me, and we should try to start a group that is dedicated to maintaining that and properly deliberating the social issues. When we figure out how to do that then we will win the prize that every Internet entrepreneur from Steve Applejobs to Mark Zuckerberg have been trying to figure out. And then we can sell the rules to the governments and corporate entities.

Last edited:
Hello,
Conservatives aren't silenced here. Differences of opinions are broad and far beyond the Bolshevik v Mensheviks discussions on college campus.

polite discussion from the 1980s... you likely won't find much of that here. Some... but not a ton.

That's what I'm looking for, indeed. It doesn't look too promising so far. But thank you for your honesty.

Don‘t let it chase you away...there many who genuinely want so e real discussion and we are trying to encourage more of that. That said ... welcome aboard :). I also work at a university ((not faculty though).

Hello,
Cali here too. *waves*

Hello,

If you're actually looking for civil discussions, you'll be the first leftist, extreme or otherwise, that I know who is. All the leftists I know of want to squash any discussion that goes against their beliefs, extreme or otherwise. The cancel culture has moved from cancelling right-wing to cancelling moderates, to cancelling left-of-center, to now cancelling the far left. Soon, the extreme left will be cancelling themselves.

Forum List

Back