I'm just going to say it, Conan O'Brien was simply the funniest in Late Night Talk TV

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I particular enjoy his improvisation in skits, whether he's visiting another country, or hanging out with Jordan Schlansky. He never fails to make me laugh, he just has a good delivery and finds the funniest reactions/comments.

I'm going to miss his show, though I haven't watched it live for years. Thankfully there is the internet.

Thank you for your time. As you were.

I don't watch any of the Late Night Shows other than the occasional random sampling. Conan did seem to be closer to what Late Night entertainment used to be before it was taken over by sniveling Trump haters.

I don't watch any of the Late Night Shows other than the occasional random sampling. Conan did seem to be closer to what Late Night entertainment used to be before it was taken over by sniveling Trump haters.
It happened before Trump.

The current late night mess has its roots back to the Politically Incorrect show, which was awesome on Comedy Central when Maher was interested in having a real diverse slug fest on his show....He then moved to network and became a hack....Everyone after that, who wasn't Jay Leno, suddenly thought that they were political savants.

Maybe the funniest since Carson...I'd buy that.

Mainly because he never ever became so full of himself, to the point that he thought that people who tuned in for levity gave a hoot in hell about his politics....Letterman had that shine too, until he became both full of himself and horribly bitter.
Carson was witty but solely in an interview setting, he didn't do all the weird skits that Conan does.

Carson was more refined and had more substance. It helped that many of the people he interviewed had more charisma and were naturally more funny than Conans guests.

I'll share a couple of my favorite Conan clips.....
Here he is with Ron Howard's daughter.

This is an oldie from like '95, when he mispronounced Joe Bonamassa's name, and Joe of course still rocked the place and probably 8 people watching even noticed the mispronunciation.

His travels are great. Here's a clip from Oz.

Last edited:
Couple of weeks ago...it was short, the diss, but it was very clear. He moved on fairly quickly but still....he shoulda kept his mouth shut.

Moonglow
Just had to check on you. I just heard about Missouri's Covid problem. You and fam be careful out there.

Forum List

Back