Anime?

evenifigoalone

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2021
Anyone else watch anime?

My introduction back in 2012 was Fullmetal Alchemist, followed by Clannad After Story, and many others including Blue Exorcist, Naruto, Death Note, Gurren Laggan, Dragon Ball....

Right now I am watching Fruits Basket (2019), My Hero Academia season 5, Beastars, and rewatching Kill la Kill.

Transformers count?

My kid had this before he got into Transformers. It was a present when he was like seven or eight I think?

He watched it about a hundred times. I picked it up at a dollar store. . . after that, he was hooked on anime forever.

The shows are sometimes good but the culture surrounding anime is cancer. Then there's the fact that it's the gateway drug to the appalling world of Hentai. Small doses.

The shows are sometimes good but the culture surrounding anime is cancer. Then there's the fact that it's the gateway drug to the appalling world of Hentai. Small doses.

I know little about anime and just looked up the word "hentai"

That's pretty yikes.

Not a fan myself but I will say those are some talented people who create it. Just looked up hentai. I agree it is bad stuff.
Anime as any other thing can be addictive, so this maybe just the Baptist talking, but be careful, do not become a slave to it. ;)

Last edited:
Anyone else watch anime?

My introduction back in 2012 was Fullmetal Alchemist, followed by Clannad After Story, and many others including Blue Exorcist, Naruto, Death Note, Gurren Laggan, Dragon Ball....

Right now I am watching Fruits Basket (2019), My Hero Academia season 5, Beastars, and rewatching Kill la Kill.

Try Ghost in the Shell. The various series. Good stuff.

For anyone who's never watched it, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is probably the best anime out there. The writing is top-notch and the characters are extremely appealing, also it has almost no fanservice whatsoever.

Here's a music video (an AMV, as we used to term these things) with themes from FMA:

In fact, when I'm done with my Kill la Kill rewatch, I'm gonna rewatch Fullmetal Alchemist, both the 2003 adaption and Brotherhood. It's been almost an entire decade since I first watched it. I've always kinda wished that I could erase my memory of it just so I could rediscover it & be totally blown away all over again

For anyone who's never watched it, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is probably the best anime out there. The writing is top-notch and the characters are extremely appealing, also it has almost no fanservice whatsoever.

Here's a music video (an AMV, as we used to term these things) with themes from FMA:

This one also captures a lot of the themes in FMA really well:

Another one that's extremely good is Clannad After Story. It was my second introduction to anime, after FMA. And while Clannad After Story is great, the original source material (a visual novel that you can buy off of Steam), is far and away better. (A visual novel is basically an interactive story where you get to make choices and you can get different endings. VNs tend to have multiple routes, with one "true ending" that you unlock through various means.)

It was FMA and Clannad that made me seek out more anime, as they were both excellent masterpieces of stories that were deep and very emotional. Not all anime is as good as they are, most aren't. But it gave me enough of a taste of the medium to know I wanted more.

I guess I just feel like talking about the things I enjoy tonight. (Which, yes includes fandom culture such as fanfiction, AMVs, fanart, hence my previous posts.)

Overall..... fiction is wonderful. It's powerful, it's one of the things that makes life worth living. I've lived a thousand different lives, through all the shows I've watched, all the books I've read, and all the stories I've listened to.

In fact, when I'm done with my Kill la Kill rewatch, I'm gonna rewatch Fullmetal Alchemist, both the 2003 adaption and Brotherhood. It's been almost an entire decade since I first watched it. I've always kinda wished that I could erase my memory of it just so I could rediscover it & be totally blown away all over again

I kinda wish it were blasted outta my memory banks too.

Forum List

Back