I'm happy tonight

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I got an extra day off today. My little 96 year old home healthcare lady had a pacemaker implanted today. Her lung got punctured in the process, but she is in ICU and doing well. I hope this is going to make her feel better now. Her heart rate was staying in the neighborhood of 40-42 beats per minute and she was just managing to get by so I hope this will up her energy level some and make her feel better.

I just love this little lady - she's funny as hell - great sense of humor and I love her stories. I wouldn't want to cross her though. Some of her nieces come to see her every Wednesday and they spend the day playing cards. Those girls are serious - I wouldn't want to play cards with them, either!

There's a lot to be learned from our elders when we take the time to care.

I got an extra day off today. My little 96 year old home healthcare lady had a pacemaker implanted today. Her lung got punctured in the process, but she is in ICU and doing well. I hope this is going to make her feel better now. Her heart rate was staying in the neighborhood of 40-42 beats per minute and she was just managing to get by so I hope this will up her energy level some and make her feel better.

I just love this little lady - she's funny as hell - great sense of humor and I love her stories. I wouldn't want to cross her though. Some of her nieces come to see her every Wednesday and they spend the day playing cards. Those girls are serious - I wouldn't want to play cards with them, either!

There's a lot to be learned from our elders when we take the time to care.

That sounds like me. i take care of my 84 yrs. old mom never a dull day around here.

Forum List

Back