I'm Going To An Eighties Dance Party and I Need Some Help With Wardrobe Choices

Oh I'm thinking of using mousse for my hair since it's pretty wavy already.

Oh I'm thinking of using mousse for my hair since it's pretty wavy already.

Sure. Nothing says "let's have sex" more than crinky hair.

Although my fantasy is a buxom black chick in a blonde wig and wearing nothing but a full-length black leather coat.

Leather has such a nice smell to it. :laughing0301:

Although it isn't until May 10th I'm going to be shopping at Salvation Army next week. Here's the thing, I'm a nineties baby (1990 to be exact) so although I have a general idea of what people looked like in the eighties, I don't know all of the details and specifics. So I could really use some tips.
Get some pics of Madonna. That is how chicks dressed high teased hair and leggings....

Get some pics of Madonna. That is how chicks dressed high teased hair and leggings....

Again, thanks, but no thanks I'm passing on the teasing. It would be a pain to get all of those snarls out again afterwards. I can work with mousse though.

1709686596716.png

~S~

Although it isn't until May 10th I'm going to be shopping at Salvation Army next week. Here's the thing, I'm a nineties baby (1990 to be exact) so although I have a general idea of what people looked like in the eighties, I don't know all of the details and specifics. So I could really use some tips.

What kind of things are you comfortable wearing and is it causal or semi-formal?
Mini skirt with tights or fishnets with the feet cut out flats and a short jacket, big earnings (clip ons are good) lots of bangle bracelets, crimped hair was big along with pulling the sides back, makeup was heavy eyeshadow, blush and lip liner.

Neon was also popular along with jelly shoes, polos with the collar turned up, pink and blue oxfords, untucked, penny loafers, boat shoes, doc martens, stir-up pants, jeans with the bottoms rolled up and pulled together and tucked in tight against the ankle, cow neck sweaters, mini skirts and tights,

Oh and I'm also female for those of you who don't know so I do know about leggings. Oh and I love eighties music so I wouldn't mind using the music videos for references.

Look up Madona, the GoGo's, the Bangles, Pat Benatar, for music
Movies Weird Science, Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink

What kind of things are you comfortable wearing and is it causal or semi-formal?
Mini skirt with tights or fishnets with the feet cut out flats and a short jacket, big earnings (clip ons are good) lots of bangle bracelets, crimped hair was big along with pulling the sides back, makeup was heavy eyeshadow, blush and lip liner.

Neon was also popular along with jelly shoes, polos with the collar turned up, pink and blue oxfords, untucked, penny loafers, boat shoes, doc martens, stir-up pants, jeans with the bottoms rolled up and pulled together and tucked in tight against the ankle, cow neck sweaters, mini skirts and tights,

It's causal but thanks for all the ideas.

Neon clothes. Feathered hair or single pony tail pointing to ten o’clock or two o’clock.

Thanks for your ideas but my hair is too short for a ponytail. It's only at chin length.

No thanks, I'm leaving my hair lol and oh I'm also shopping for my outfit this month because I want to be sure that my boyfriend/fiancee and I can get clothes before we get tickets. Sure wish I could invite you though.

I don't know lol I'm just throwing that out there so people know that I'm looking for ladies' clothes.eee
Your boyfriend doesn't give a hoot about your clothes. He wants to make you a setting hen. A breeder.

I payed thirty bucks to compete in a chili cook-off. I'm entering chicken chili and navy beans.

Neon colors, collars up, leg warmers, white sportscoats with the sleeves pushed up.

Forum List

Back