I'm Going To An Eighties Dance Party and I Need Some Help With Wardrobe Choices

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Although it isn't until May 10th I'm going to be shopping at Salvation Army next week. Here's the thing, I'm a nineties baby (1990 to be exact) so although I have a general idea of what people looked like in the eighties, I don't know all of the details and specifics. So I could really use some tips.

Although it isn't until May 10th I'm going to be shopping at Salvation Army next week. Here's the thing, I'm a nineties baby (1990 to be exact) so although I have a general idea of what people looked like in the eighties, I don't know all of the details and specifics. So I could really use some tips.
Do your hair. Somehow. The 80s are hair

Your best bet is to watch 1980's music videos on Youtube.

1980's rock videos list - Google Search

• Banned
Oh and I'm also female for those of you who don't know so I do know about leggings. Oh and I love eighties music so I wouldn't mind using the music videos for references.

Old TV shows are helpful, old Saturday Night Live, Johnny Carson shows, etc. The talk shows will be pretty up to date on the latest fashions for a variety of age groups, at least as far as rich people go. Miami Vice might be a good one, if you like pastels and tropical duds. Magnum PI, Family Ties, Dallas, Hill Street Blues, Saved By The Bell, lots to choose from as far as fashion stuff goes.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to watch 1980's music videos on Youtube.

1980's rock videos list - Google Search

And yes, like "she whose name shall never be mentioned" posted, tease your hair. I was in the 80's. Women's hairstyles were parodies of the 1950's. Every woman had big hair back then.

1709684906141.png

Last edited:
Parachute pants a bitch flip and a blouse with shoulder pads.

And yes, like "she whose name shall never be mentioned", tease your hair. I was in the 80's. Women's hairstyles were parodies of the 1950's. Every woman had big hair back then.

View attachment 912856

No thanks, I'm leaving my hair lol and oh I'm also shopping for my outfit this month because I want to be sure that my boyfriend/fiancee and I can get clothes before we get tickets. Sure wish I could invite you though.

Female? How could anyone mistake you for something else? :laughing0301:

I don't know lol I'm just throwing that out there so people know that I'm looking for ladies' clothes.

And yes, like "she whose name shall never be mentioned", tease your hair. I was in the 80's. Women's hairstyles were parodies of the 1950's. Every woman had big hair back then.

View attachment 912856

So did the rock musicians, lol.

RD-COMP-ROD.jpg

No thanks, I'm leaving my hair lol and oh I'm also shopping for my outfit this month because I want to be sure that my boyfriend/fiancee and I can get clothes before we get tickets. Sure wish I could invite you though.

I don't know lol I'm just throwing that out there so people know that I'm looking for ladies' clothes.

Honestly, I'd probably stick out like a cantalope in the turnip patch. My fashion style is mostly 2032 post-apocalypse.

1709685845104.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back